Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    From Sprintusers.com
    Treo 755P - 1st Palm EVDO Treo w/intern antenna. In box support for IM, NFL Mobile, Mobile Voice Control, voice dialing, replaces Treo 700P. 5/14/07 target. and will come in blue and burgundy flavors.

And that's the day after my VZW contract runs out.
    Nice coincidence, a sign maybe.
    If true, it doesn't sound like much of an upgrade from the 700p. Maybe it will be if it's more stable and has more memory, otherwise, meh.
    Add the Sprint Music Store, and then we can talk $.

I wonder if it will have the same issues the 680 and 700p currently have?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    this is a bunch of bs. 755 only??
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I often hear that people get discouraged on this board when hearing of the new specs of our next treo. I agree with most of the discouragement. Not because the rumored treos only have small advances in memory and chipset and internal antenna. I am discouraged because I don't hear any advancing in the actual operating system functionality. Palm has been unchanged for like 2 plus years now with their os. Time to add some functionality to it and advance the technology. If they don't...windows will own the market soon enough.
    hopefully BT A2DP suppport out of the box
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    From Sprintusers.com
    Treo 755P - 1st Palm EVDO Treo w/intern antenna. In box support for IM, NFL Mobile, Mobile Voice Control, voice dialing, replaces Treo 700P. 5/14/07 target. and will come in blue and burgundy flavors.

And that's the day after my VZW contract runs out.
    Nice coincidence, a sign maybe.
    Well, well, well . . . . . . . this must be the 700P ROM fix . . . . . or if it isn't, it will become the 700P ROM fix.

The ROM update for the 700P will therefore have to be out before 5/14/07 -- for if it isn't -- I will probably not be the first in line to say -- do not give a replacement 700P -- for it will have the same issues -- give me the 755.

(However, I still believe the ROM update will be out in March.)

Cheers, Perry.
    so, it's a 680 (er, 750) with a cdma radio.

booo
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    so, it's a 680 (er, 750) with a cdma radio.

booo
    But much faster data speed.

I will be impressed if they are putting voice dailing in.
    Yes, the voice dialing/mobile voice control intrigues me. I wonder if it will finally let the treo catch up to other power vision phones that have done this for years. Another thing, IM ready out of the box? I wonder if maybe Palm's working on its own flavor of Verichat (wishful thinking), but it would certainly be smart for them to do.

At any rate, I dunno if I trust Palm enough to drop another $600+ on one of their treos again. I loved the 650, the 700p I was excited for, but after the treatment of their "power users" with regards to how long we've had to wait for these stupid bugs to be even acknowledged, let alone fixed, I don't want to spend any more money to be treated like that.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    But much faster data speed.

I will be impressed if they are putting voice dailing in.
    Lower battery life, too. I look forward to it.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete View Post
    Lower battery life, too. I look forward to it.
    You want lower battery life?? I'll ship you my original 650 battery. It's got 20 mins of talk time.
    I spoke with someone at Sprint and they confirmed that the 755p will replace the 700p and will be available in May.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Wow. I still get way more than 2 hrs talk time on an original 650 battery, in the same 650 purchased 11-2004.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I wonder - (and this will start some speculation) - is it possible that the device would be Linux based (as we know that Palm has a bunch of Linux coders on staff now) - and that it's running emulation for the Palm OS software - which might be why they haven't released any specific documentation about it....

Anyone?
    I'm betting that it will be Garnet. This also leaves a slot for a Treo 755w if history is any kind of clue on Palm's naming conventions . I'd bet that the 755w will be WM6 and be the first 320 x 320 WM Treo also CDMA.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Yes, the voice dialing/mobile voice control intrigues me. I wonder if it will finally let the treo catch up to other power vision phones that have done this for years. Another thing, IM ready out of the box? I wonder if maybe Palm's working on its own flavor of Verichat (wishful thinking), but it would certainly be smart for them to do.

At any rate, I dunno if I trust Palm enough to drop another $600+ on one of their treos again. I loved the 650, the 700p I was excited for, but after the treatment of their "power users" with regards to how long we've had to wait for these stupid bugs to be even acknowledged, let alone fixed, I don't want to spend any more money to be treated like that.
    Does this mean Voice Dialing over BT??!! Dont tease me..! I got a free upgrade to my 700p...maybe I can actually pay for this one!

Not digging the smaller battery...guess I will have to keep all the extra batteries I have now! Will it have the SD slot on the side, too? MiniSD like the 750? Please...NO!! And isnt the IR port on the side, as well? I guess it will look like the Treo's are mating if you have to beam something!
    Wonder when VZW will get this phone. But a more interesting question is will this phone come with the VGA camera or the same camera as the 700P/W? And will it be an SD slot or one of the smaller slots?
    Quote Originally Posted by cue79 View Post
    I wonder - (and this will start some speculation) - is it possible that the device would be Linux based (as we know that Palm has a bunch of Linux coders on staff now) - and that it's running emulation for the Palm OS software - which might be why they haven't released any specific documentation about it....

Anyone?
    You speak of my beloved Palm over Linux Treo 900P !!

Sorry to say, I would be stopped in my tracks dead, if it came this May. . . . . my thoughts are for late Q4 2007 or early Q1 2008 for that device.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast