Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This phone will not come with a VGA camera, I'm sure it'll be 1.3mp or possibly 2.0mp.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    Wow. I still get way more than 2 hrs talk time on an original 650 battery, in the same 650 purchased 11-2004.
    Me too, but I have noticed lately that the batter life is not as good as it used to be.
    When I had the 750 for review, I had the HSDPA hack enabled, and the battery life was fine on the 750. There are also the hump back extended batteries if you really want to bump up your battery life.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Well, well, well . . . . . . . this must be the 700P ROM fix . . . . . or if it isn't, it will become the 700P ROM fix.

The ROM update for the 700P will therefore have to be out before 5/14/07 -- for if it isn't -- I will probably not be the first in line to say -- do not give a replacement 700P -- for it will have the same issues -- give me the 755.

(However, I still believe the ROM update will be out in March.)

Cheers, Perry.
    it's unbelievable that Palm can't put out a ROM update for the 700p. even "if" we see it in March '07 it's not good enough. I've had my 700p for 9 months.

I don't want to get off topic with this thread and start a big debate .....but ....based on history, I know Apple will have regular software updates to the iPhone. It's like Palm doesn't really care, or they just can't get the job done.

and yes I will be going to the iPhone......but I will still keep a Treo. I'm a two phone guy

"wake up Palm........it's getting late"
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    You speak of my beloved Palm over Linux Treo 900P !!

Sorry to say, I would be stopped in my tracks dead, if it came this May. . . . . my thoughts are for late Q4 2007 or early Q1 2008 for that device.
    Well - Sherlock was a device that kinda surprised everyone - and frankly even the 700p has the same proc as the 680 and 750 (I think). Frankly, the hardware in all these devices when it comes right down to it is the same. So, I wouldn't say it's out of the question.

Frankly, I woudln't be surprised (although I highly dbout this would ever happen) if Palm decided to release a Rom updater for all 700p, 680, etc devices which allowed for an upgrade to Linux. The proc is the same, the ram inside is the same, and I'm sure software could be written for all of it...

Just a thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by cue79 View Post
    I wonder - (and this will start some speculation) - is it possible that the device would be Linux based (as we know that Palm has a bunch of Linux coders on staff now) - and that it's running emulation for the Palm OS software - which might be why they haven't released any specific documentation about it....

Anyone?
    definitely not. this will be Garnet.

As far as Palm and Linux coders, they may have hired a few in anticipation of working with Access (just like they have WM coders too) but since that deal evidently soured, I think it is a bit rich to suggest such a small company would now come out with a new OS (and beat Access to the punch?).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    As far as Palm and Linux coders, they may have hired a few in anticipation of working with Access (just like they have WM coders too) but since that deal evidently soured, I think it is a bit rich to suggest such a small company would now come out with a new OS (and beat Access to the punch?).
    I think there's significant evidence to the contrary that indicates Palm is working on their own Linux-based next-gen Palm OS. I also think there's almost no chance that Palm will become an ACCESS ALP licensee. Palm has stated that with the acquision of the rights to use/modify/innovate Garnet and uses these changes exclusively on Palm devices, they are now in complete control of their own destiny. Palm will not put their destiny in the hands of ACCESS or Microsoft.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12