This is going to be BIG (pun intended) because the development costs are now going to be subsidized over a larger market, thus better innovations and maybe even cheaper Treo's!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Well if I ever go back to China with my Treo maybe somebody in a China Mobile could sell me a data-enabled SIM...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    eKeith when I was in China I was able to get online with regular China Mobile prepaid card. You need to put in the proxy server and port number in Blazer. However I know some card give you access to all ports.

I think it was like $2 RMB per day when you use it and something very cheap per MB.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Hopefully this will help fix the CJKOS issues.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    eKeith when I was in China I was able to get online with regular China Mobile prepaid card. You need to put in the proxy server and port number in Blazer. However I know some card give you access to all ports.

I think it was like $2 RMB per day when you use it and something very cheap per MB.
    Well, you were lucky. I was in 3 different cities and no China Mobile rep., even the english-speaking ones at a major tade fair, could not hook me up. They all said the SIM I had should work but had a different solution like sending SMS codes, proxies etc. but none worked and they all blamed it on my 650. Of course that was crap as I have used my 650 with prepaid cards in the caribbean, US and Europe...
    I'll just have to buy another SIM and try again...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C