Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ever since I bought my treo 650 about two years ago, I have been wondering what shall make me switch to a new mobile phone. Frankly, I am tired of using treo but still I cannot imagine switching to a non-palm device because of plethora of software I have bought for palm. Futhermore, I am absolutely addicted to the following software:

1. Leonard Martin Movie Guide
    2. QuickiPedia
    3. Opera Mini
    5. Bike Or Die
    6. Chatter Email
    7. Palm Reader

So I was just reading revies of different GSM Treos in the Market and I cameout with my own specification for a DREAM TREO

1. Palm OS: So that I can run all my palm OS software on it.

2. 30 GB Hard Drive.

3. Excellent audio Quality: Audio Quality of Treo 650 is a bit scratchy to me.

4. 3.5 mm head phone Jack.

5. 2 Mega Pixel Camera

6. Opera & opera Mini Browser.

7. 3.5 inch wide Screen QVGA screen:
    The Qwerty keyboard of treo should remain as it is but should be detachable so that we can view movies in wide screen mode (sony ericsson P900 style).

So here is the question. Will we ever see such a device. If yes then how long will it take.
    Last edited by hussain; 03/06/2007 at 04:25 AM.
    Hopefully never.. 4G of flash internal sounds good, but a 30G hard drive would make it heavy, fragile, and suck battery like crazy.

A wide screen would be possible, but it would require making the device longer or the keyboard shorter. Neither sounds very appealing to me.
    Treo 750 form factor
    15 hour battery
    256mb memory
    480X480 touchscreen
    SDHC SD slot
    GPS
    Faster processor
    Bose rear speaker
    Stereo Bluetooth
    2mp camera w/ flash and low light capability
    Unchoppy in sound and picture video captures
    PalmOS applications compatible
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/06/2007 at 05:59 AM.
    Samsung f700 with PalmOS so I don't have to learn a new OS.

And 3.5mm audio jack damnit!
    Just want to mention to the OP that with styletap you can play Bike or Die on WinMobile devices like the 700wx and the Q. It is my most used app on the Q, wouldn't you know?

::320x240 landscape (like q,bj,dash) but touchscreen PPC. I'm liking this resolution a lot, it's nice for browsing (wider) and unlike 320^2, videos take up the full screen dimensions (in most cases). I'm thinking the next step should be 640x480 and my choice for totally unrealistic, dream treo!
    :: crazy good battery life
    :: 3.5mm audio jack definitely
    :: more (usable) internal flash would be nice, even 128mb would be enough
    :: GPS oh yes
    :: half the thickness please!
    :: Better quality camera of 1.3MP or more. MP don't really matter to me, it's just the way these pictures come out...need better optics or something.
    :: Dump the way crappy Athena connector for charging/sync miniUSB cable the way Blackberries and the Q do. Down with proprietary connectors!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Treo 750 form factor
    15 hour battery
    256mb memory
    480X480 touchscreen
    SDHC SD slot
    GPS
    Faster processor
    Bose rear speaker
    Stereo Bluetooth
    Good, stuff here, but I'd specify a LiPo battery, form factor that has Treo on the outisde and opens up like a clamshell to reveal a VGA screen and larger keyboard, optical zoom, WM 6, 2nd VGA front facing cam for video calling capability, quadband GSM/quadband WCDMA with HSPA
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey View Post
    Good, stuff here, but I'd specify a LiPo battery, form factor that has Treo on the outisde and opens up like a clamshell to reveal a VGA screen and larger keyboard, optical zoom, WM 6, 2nd VGA front facing cam for video calling capability, quadband GSM/quadband WCDMA with HSPA
    Definitely a dream...but that is what they asked!

I say:

320 x 480 (by making the screen into the speaker) screen
    Simultaneous Voice & Data
    750 (755) form factor
    Built-In GPS
    Swiveling (for video conferencing, video chat) Better Camera w/ Flash
    Mini-USB connector
    SDHC SD support
    Stereo BT
    Built In WiFi
    Stronger IR port (still wanna use NoviBlaster)
    Native VoIP support
    Sterile Silver Coating (germ-free)
    3.5mm Stereo Jack
    256 MB storage
    Multi-Tasking OS (preferrably Palm)
    Multi-Color LED (at least a 3rd LED color to create more combinations)
    Built in Wind Cancellation on Handset
    10 hr talk time battery
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    may be kind of an outdated thought but i miss the graffiti pad. what if the screen was elongated to accomodate the graffiti and then a keyboard flipped over it from the bottom like on a hinge on the bottom or side? again i just think thatd be cool, especcialy if its the on screen pad which can be removed, can anyone else say "wide screen movies"
    Visor Neo-->Visor Edge-->Visor Prism(with Visorphone)-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 180-->Copper Treo 680-->Treo 270-->Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by jpizzaj View Post
    may be kind of an outdated thought but i miss the graffiti pad. ...
    Haven't used it for years. Rapidly lost interest as soon as I got my 270 and it's keyboard. Not used on 600 or 650.
    less big, less bulky, and less heavy. everything else could stay the same (antenna-less form) and i'd be happier. greater resolution and an increase in memory with the WM op system would be nice too. built in wi-fi for the hec of it. ok, ok..built in gps as well.....
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    you know I've been thinking; writing recognition programs have come a long damn way

I wouldn't mind a treo that did away with the keyboard in favor for a larger screen as long as it had an amazing text recognition program as well as speach to txt (for sms messages)

well, almost
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Treo 750 form factor
    15 hour battery
    256mb memory
    480X480 touchscreen
    SDHC SD slot
    GPS
    Faster processor
    Bose rear speaker
    Stereo Bluetooth

Combined with:

Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Definitely a dream...but that is what they asked!

I say:

320 x 480 (by making the screen into the speaker) screen
    Simultaneous Voice & Data
    750 (755) form factor
    Built-In GPS
    Swiveling (for video conferencing, video chat) Better Camera w/ Flash
    Mini-USB connector
    SDHC SD support
    Stereo BT
    Built In WiFi
    Stronger IR port (still wanna use NoviBlaster)
    Native VoIP support
    Sterile Silver Coating (germ-free)
    3.5mm Stereo Jack
    256 MB storage
    Multi-Tasking OS (preferrably Palm)
    Multi-Color LED (at least a 3rd LED color to create more combinations)
    Built in Wind Cancellation on Handset
    10 hr talk time battery

Cept I would want the soft touch paint in several different colors. I would want the 3.5mm audio jack somewhere other than the bottom.
    I would want a scroll wheel on the side instead of or in addition to the buttons.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Cept I would want the soft touch paint in several different colors. I would want the 3.5mm audio jack somewhere other than the bottom.
    I would want a scroll wheel on the side instead of or in addition to the buttons.
    No no, the audio jack has to be at the buttom or perhaps the top. at the sides it would only be wider, and we dont want something wider to stuff in out pockets.
    The 750 plus:

at least 320x320 resolution
    HSDPA-enabled
    battery life equal to the 650 at least
    2mp camera with flash and low light capability and video capability
    256MB memory
    great audio quality
    bug-free

That's all I want. I expect I'll see this Treo within the next year....well except maybe the bug-free part...
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    My dream Treo is one that can go years without a reset
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emajy View Post
    My dream Treo is one that can go years without a reset
    And then you wake up
    Very simple, same or similar size to the Blackberry Pearl 8100
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Give me a 700wx with:

EvDO Rev A

480x480 screen res

2400 mah battery standard

WM6

Wifi

SDHC (should even be possible on current WM hardware)

GOOD BLUETOOTH!!!!! (AD2P, DUN and FTP would be nice too). This means no dropped connections, no connection lag, and built in BT voice dialing.

Stereo headset jack that doesn't kill the phone and uses a 3 band connector instead of a 2 band connector for stereo.

2.0 MP camera, or a really good 1.3 MP camera. It should swivel too, because those tiny mirrors are lame. Although to be honest, I can't think of where a swiveling camera could go without making the device much thicker or bigger

EDIT: Well actually the swiveling camera module could be attached with a little arm that folds outward, but I could see problems with people breaking their cameras or the moving parts eventually failing.

Stronger IR, so I can use it as a remote. I think devices shouldn't have weak IR in general.

MiniUSB, so I don't have to spend more money and have more cables. It would also be nice to be able to charge through USB (not just trickle charging). It puzzles me why the Treo has all those pins on its connector when I don't get any more functionality out of it than my friend does with the 5 pins on his MDA's mini USB connector.

Two LED's (one on each side). One for wireless connectivity status ( blinks green for service, orange for no service, blue for bluetooth, and yellow for wifi), and the other will be for missed notifications (blinks red).

GPS would be nice, but I don't think it's necessary since it only appeals to a smaller audience and would require GPS software.

Better one handed support

Don't think I've listed anything too overboard, except maybe for the 480x480 res and the swiveling camera. Looks like a Treo that would satisfy most people to me.
    Last edited by Trevante; 03/07/2007 at 04:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    Give me a 700wx with:

EvDO Rev A

480x480 screen res

2400 mah battery standard

WM6

Wifi

SDHC (should even be possible on current WM hardware)

GOOD BLUETOOTH!!!!! (AD2P, DUN and FTP would be nice too). This means no dropped connections, no connection lag, and built in BT voice dialing.

Stereo headset jack that doesn't kill the phone and uses a 3 band connector instead of a 2 band connector for stereo.

2.0 MP camera, or a really good 1.3 MP camera. It should swivel too, because those tiny mirrors are lame. Although to be honest, I can't think of where a swiveling camera could go without making the device much thicker or bigger

EDIT: Well actually the swiveling camera module could be attached with a little arm that folds outward, but I could see problems with people breaking their cameras or the moving parts eventually failing.

Stronger IR, so I can use it as a remote. I think devices shouldn't have weak IR in general.

MiniUSB, so I don't have to spend more money and have more cables. It would also be nice to be able to charge through USB (not just trickle charging). It puzzles me why the Treo has all those pins on its connector when I don't get any more functionality out of it than my friend does with the 5 pins on his MDA's mini USB connector.

Two LED's (one on each side). One for wireless connectivity status ( blinks green for service, orange for no service, blue for bluetooth, and yellow for wifi), and the other will be for missed notifications (blinks red).

GPS would be nice, but I don't think it's necessary since it only appeals to a smaller audience and would require GPS software.

Better one handed support

Don't think I've listed anything too overboard, except maybe for the 480x480 res and the swiveling camera. Looks like a Treo that would satisfy most people to me.
    I think a swiveling camera would fit nicely on the upper left edge where the antennae is now on the 700series. Two LED's...are you trying to land an airplane or check your email? Just have 3 LED's (RGB) shining out of one port/window/hole and it can create whatever color you need! Then it can blink two or more colors one after another (RED then GREEN...pause) to indicate what all you have going on! But hey, that is your dream!
    Wow good thread. For me:
    2.0 mp camera
    2gb RAM
    sdhc card slot
    wifi
    15 hours talk time
    680 form factor
    HSDPA
    A2DP
    Palm OS
    mini USB
    3.5 mm jack