Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ah good idea, that would be a good spot for the camera.

My iMate PDA2 has two LED's which is where I got the idea from. I think two LED's are better than one. Besides, it's not like both LED's will be blinking at the same time all the time. The right LED on my PDA2 is only lit up/blinking when it's charging, charged, or if I have a missed notification.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    Ah good idea, that would be a good spot for the camera.

My iMate PDA2 has two LED's which is where I got the idea from. I think two LED's are better than one. Besides, it's not like both LED's will be blinking at the same time all the time. The right LED on my PDA2 is only lit up/blinking when it's charging, charged, or if I have a missed notification.
    Interesting...! Just seems a waste of space (even if it isnt much).

Does anyone know if you can impregnate the silver anti-bacterial coating into the soft paint of the 750?
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpizzaj View Post
    may be kind of an outdated thought but i miss the graffiti pad. what if the screen was elongated to accomodate the graffiti and then a keyboard flipped over it from the bottom like on a hinge on the bottom or side? again i just think thatd be cool, especcialy if its the on screen pad which can be removed, can anyone else say "wide screen movies"
    Yeah that's what i want...After going through all of your inputs. Here is what I have compe up with.One more thing, if palm comes out with a phone like this what would you be willing to pay?

1. Flip-Detachable Keyboard:
    With 3" inch screen (480 * 320) and graffiti keypad underneath.

2. Antena Less and thin Form Factor:

3. 32 GB Flash Memory:

Before you start laughing Samsung has already made them

4. 10 Hours Talk Time :
    That makes it 3300 mah Battery unless they come out with an amazing OS.

5. Excellent Audio Quality with 3.5 mm Headphone Jack:
    Included in the package should be a stereo headset like the ones that come with music phones.

6. Wi-fi.

7. 3.2 Megapixel Camera with excellent quality.

8. Excellent Quality Stereo Speakers:

Again Like the ones in music phones of sony ericsson

9. Multi-Tasking Palm OS.

10. Bluetooth 2.0

ANYTHING ELSE PEOPLE. AND AGAIN WHAT ARE YOU WILLING TO PAY FOR THIS ONE.
    Last edited by hussain; 03/08/2007 at 11:40 PM.
    Not quite the phone that I want.

I want a proper, pocketable flip phone, with an auxiliary display.

I want full Bluetooth support. Caller ID to the headset, BT voice dialing, headphones, keyboards, etc.

I want a 320x320 display, or maybe 320x480.

No external antenna.

At least 4GB of Flash, preferably 8GB, and a mini/micro/fullsize SD slot, I'm not picky.

Wifi.

HSDPA, or EV-DO rev. A.

Multitasking.

I'll tone it down to 8 hours of talk time.

The icing on the cake? SureType. I want a slimmer device, and to get that, QWERTY has to go.

This is *my* ideal Treo, and no one else's, but I'd pay at least $400 for it without a contract. $250 is usually my sweet spot for a high-end phone with a two-year contract, but this would hit every last detail on the head so cleanly that I wouldn't WANT another phone until they slapped in a faster radio.
    Honestly I don't want my wish list to be too greedy, besides knowing how Palm always under-delivers with limited upgrades, I thought it would be wise to offer some realistic options:

1. Camers with FLASH DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2. more integrated Nand based storage (perhaps 1 GB)
    3. Don't care about wifi but want better 3G (1xevdo/Umts performance)
    4. Voice command via BT and A2DP support on PalmOS
    5. integrated satellite GPS, not wireless carrier AGPS or whatever

Obviously the new 680/750 form factor is wanted as well....

Not too much to ask is it Palm?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I want a phone that plays youtube like content natively
    Mine's simple:
    The treo 600 with updated memory, faster processor, better screen resolution, 2mp camera w/flash at the back, 1.3mp camera at the front for video calling, no antenna, thinner, 5 days (detachable) battery life at full sms/calls use, multi-tasking, wi-fi, IR, bluetooth 2.0 (or whatever is current), can record & play mp3/wav/whatever natively and use as ringtones, can record videos, has support for 8gb cards or more, doesn't crash at all, doesn't reset at all, voice dialling, changeable faceplates, greets me good morning and wishes me good night. That will make it the Treo 1000 wouldn't it?
    I think that I am used to the keyboard enough that I can say to take it away and make it a complete screen. Since no multi-touch can eb hadn withuot licensing Apple's patent, I'd favor the neat thumb or stylus touchscreen sensitivity that the Nokia N800 has. 8GB of internal flash, but 64MB of app space - like the T5 is set up. And at least a 3mpx camera with a flash (not that little piece of crap light most phones have). But don't make it any smaller than the 680 is. I want good (enough) battery life.

HSDPA would be nice, but I'd like a neat toggle for it, like there is for BT.

In terms of software, I'd like to see SkinUI/Skin revolt standard fare, cohesion between all the built in PIM and messaging apps to share information between them - not just link; Blazer to grow support for more CSS2/3, Flash, and thumbnail page history modes.

EDIT: I am so swayed by the N95 that it ain't even funny.
    Last edited by Antoine of MMM; 03/13/2007 at 12:39 PM.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Here's mine (trying to keep it reasonable I guess):

-Treo 750 basic form factor/design/features
    -Reduced thickness - 15-17mm thickness
    -320x240 2.45" landscape screen (640x480 preferred, but from a cost standpoint, may not be feasible yet)
    -256mb ROM
    -128mb RAM
    -SDHC (miniSDHC works too)
    -400mhz processor
    -1350mah battery minimum
    -Bluetooth 2.0
    -miniUSB connector
    -Wifi (not that important to me)
    -Triband 3G/Quadband GSM/GPRS/EDGE
    -Soft-touch paint
    -2.8mp Camera
    no one mentioned a built in video projector, play your movies, vids, slideshow on the surface right in front of you. Of course that would be in addition to all of the above
    Quote Originally Posted by guggie View Post
    no one mentioned a built in video projector, play your movies, vids, slideshow on the surface right in front of you. Of course that would be in addition to all of the above
    A bit more feasible may be video out via Bluetooth or a connector.
    How about a crashless Bluetooth 2.0 Wi-Fi T755p with an external antenna, a headphone jack on top (keep the other 2.5mm jack on the bottom), an extra SD slot on the side (GPS memory card anyone?!), with the form factor/thickness and keyboard layout of a T650! And the OS can still be FrankenGarnet! (Next Gen OS would be nice.) Now, I know I'm asking for too much!
    Last edited by KevMeister; 03/15/2007 at 09:56 PM. Reason: new info
    Thinner, lighter, bigger screen with better resolution, more RAM, faster processor, Built-in GPS, wi-fi, better cam resolution, and battery that lasts longer.
    Personally I like the size of the Treo as it is, but without the antenna.

I DON'T want the 750 form factor because I don't want to have to switch to mini-sd, and it needs builtin SDHC support.

480x480 screen would be nice, but not necessary, I'm happy with the 320x320 really.

Needs to keep the keyboard, bluetooth 2.0 that can stay connected, Wifi (preferably 802.11g or better), EVDV or better for simultaneous voice and data.

3.5mm headphone jack on the top or side, with support for stereo audio out through docking connector at well, so I can get a car connector to play my mp3s in stereo without having to manually connect a wire, ie just by dropping it into the dock.

For a phone headset, bluetooth would be great if as I said it stayed connected and had a better range.

Needs a faster processor, because even with the limited multitasking garnet can do I've been able to max it out with 5 or 6 background apps at once, plus system hacks like palm revolt and fontsmoother. Preferably things like those two would be built into the os, so no hacks needed.

Better multitasking support, but still able to run my palm apps, thats the biggest necessity for me though.

I'd love to see a gig of internal flash memory, since you can get a USB drive that size for like 10 dollars. Support to be used like card reader should be built in, and the USB connection needs to finally be upgraded to USB2.0 Speaking of USB what would also be nice is the possibility of being a USB host, to connect hard drives and keyboards to it.

Whatever new os it runs would have to be easy usable with one hand unlike WM.

GPS integrated is definitely a necessity, but they'd have to make sure it was usable by all apps, not just locked to the phone radio or anything to force us to use the carrier crap.

Better battery would be nice, and a camera update would be expected, even though I barely use it. I agree about the flash though, my little sister's cheapass phone has one, why can't my Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by emajy View Post
    My dream Treo is one that can go years without a reset

I have yet to see ANY mainstream device that can do this if it is open to virtually endless amount of software.

One day maybe someone will come up with an OS that is truly bullet-proof and does not need to be reset no matter what you throw at it, but that day has not yet come.

I have had MANY more resets on my Treo 700WX than on my Treo 650.
    I would not mind a multitasking os, internal antenna, gps, and a flip thing so the screen doesn't get pressed up against my ear when I use the phone.

Other then that, I love the 700p. Not much more I would need right now. Opera Mini + Fontsmoother make it a very useful mobile device.
    Here's my dream device:

1) "Horizontal Slide" form factor
    2) NO audio jacks. to some it may sound crazy but the future is bluetooth. look at the RAZR no audio jacks and it killed.....for 3 years!! Next -
    3) Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP support
    4) 512mb RAM
    5) SDHC Card slot (user controled capacity allows for maximum customization)
    6) 320x480 nice res that's no too big
    7) CDMA/GSM capable 3.75G+
    8) mini-usb connector
    9) 3.2mp camera (would say more, but it would eat the battery)
    9) PTT would be nice
    9) and to charge this beast we'll use Splashpad check it out
    10) to top it all off give me ALP
    there's alot more,but that'll be it for now
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    my dream device will probably be the successor to the palm sherlock -

THE NOKIA SHERLOCK.

Palm's will probably be good, but nokia's, if they end up buying palm, will be great.
    Last edited by vw2002; 03/20/2007 at 04:05 PM.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    1. Integrated satellite GPS.
    2. Integrated satellite GPS.
    3. Integrated satellite GPS.
    4. Integrated satellite GPS.
    5. Integrated satellite GPS.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by batmon View Post
    1. Integrated satellite GPS.
    2. Integrated satellite GPS.
    3. Integrated satellite GPS.
    4. Integrated satellite GPS.
    5. Integrated satellite GPS.

I wholeheartedly agree with points 1, 3 and 4.

I gotta have more cowbell
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast