1.    #1  
    I owned a Treo 600, then a Treo 650... both Palm OS.

Crash all the time.

So... I am thinking about whether I want to continue with
    Treo as a purchasable product line...

But then I had a thought: does adding more RAM/ROM
    as has been done in Treo 700p, 700w, 700wx, lessen,
    by itself, keeping all other variables (i.e. the software
    versions) the same?

If anyone would like to speculate on that, I'd be curious.
    I always tried to keep a minimum of 5mb free on my 650 free, for this reason. It seemed that the system needed "room" to work with in openning and closing programs and downloading emails. . . . if I stayed above 5mb. . . . I was trouble free. So I would tend to agree with your concept.

My only issue with the 700P is the lag issue -- which, hopefully, will be addressed in the ROM update I am expecting to be out this month. Others would not agree with my suggestion of "this month." Others have Bluetooth headset connection problems -- but I have never experienced this.

I would definitely go with the WX vs. the W from a memory standpoint.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    I always tried to keep a minimum of 5mb free on my 650 free, for this reason. It seemed that the system needed "room" to work with in openning and closing programs and downloading emails. . . . if I stayed above 5mb. . . . I was trouble free. So I would tend to agree with your concept.

My only issue with the 700P is the lag issue -- which, hopefully, will be addressed in the ROM update I am expecting to be out this month. Others would not agree with my suggestion of "this month." Others have Bluetooth headset connection problems -- but I have never experienced this.

I would definitely go with the WX vs. the W from a memory standpoint.
    Ah, but what about the "P" series...
    I have the 700P and the 63mb is plenty of space . . . . . . .I still have 25mb free. . . . as I said -- the lag is my only issue and I only encounter it every other day and only for 2 to 3 seconds.

I would buy my 700P again.

Cheers, Perry.
    I usually have about 8 MB free (at least) and my 650 is very stable. It was not very stable at first, but the firmware updates have fixed virtually all of my stability problems.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.