1.    #1  
    Hi - I'm a newcomer to the Pocket PC arena, my last 'smart' phone being a Nokia 6600 running S60 and a Sidekick II. I recently came across a really good deal on a 700wx through Sprint, so I snapped it up. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of how much software wasn't compatible with the 240x240 screen, or how frustrating the keyboard is to type on. (I find myself using the stylus & on-screen keyboard 99% of the time.)

I've heard that the PPC-6700 may solve my problems, since it supposedly has a bigger keyboard and a 'standard' screen size of 320x240, but am wary of any problems I might encounter with it.

Primarily, I bought the Treo to use for web surfing, gaming, digital media, general PDA functions, and the integrated phone. Other than the horrid keyboard and non-standard resolution, it could replace my laptop.

I'm still within my 14-day trial period, so any input on this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Sounds like the 700Wx may not be the ideal PPC Phone for you. For your primary uses: Web surfing, gaming, ditigal media ... a more traditional rectangular phone might be better. (The PPC-6700 is an option, but a better choice might be the 8525 from Cingular which is newer and more powerful. Also, the PPC-6700 is due to be updated soon, too. So, you may want to wait a bit.)

The 700Wx can do all that you want it to, but it might not be best for your needs. For me, it's perfect, as a data-centric PPC--with the ability to also do those other things well, but maybe not quite as well as a traditional PPC.