1.    #1  
    I'm at a Getting Things Done seminar today with David Allen. Westlake Village. Treos everywhere. Hardly any Blackberry users. Hah!
  2.    #2  
  3.    #3  
    I think the bigger point here is not that I -- or any of us -- feel special. I think the bigger point is that anecdotally I am seeing more and more Treos. How do I square my experience (lotsa Treos out there, more every day) with the constant Palm-bashing and indeed the market surveys? Is Palm really dying?

Sorry I didn't put my hidden thoughts into the first post. I figured you could read my mind.
    Straying slightly off the topic of your post, but have to say that's very cool you were at a GTD seminar. I'm a big believer, reader of several blogs on GTD and try hard to follow the methods.

I'm curious - what, if anything, do you use on your Treo / PC to assist with GTD? I've recently been using Vitalist (online app with a mobile site) and liking it ....
    Palm and Getting Things Done...

Am I the only one to see the irony?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    What's up, Insertion?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post
    Palm and Getting Things Done...

Am I the only one to see the irony?
    Hey Babe...what are you doing here???
  8.    #8  
    I have the GTD Outlook Add-In on my computer. It does not function on the Treo--limitations in Pocket Outlook.

I think that the Add-In adds complexity disproportionate to the benefits. I'm therefore installing (hoping to, anyway) GTD in my co-workers.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    I think we're at the point where we can stop the treo-sighting posts.

Yes, everyone has one now.

No, you are no longer special.
    The point was that people who need to "Get Things Done", get Treos!

"4 out of 5 dentists that "Get Things Done" recommend Treos to their patients that chew bandwidth!" :-)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I tried that add-in as well, and agree with your comments. Good luck on the install front - have a look at VitaList - it's very use-able via a mobile browser as well ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    I have the GTD Outlook Add-In on my computer. It does not function on the Treo--limitations in Pocket Outlook.

I think that the Add-In adds complexity disproportionate to the benefits. I'm therefore installing (hoping to, anyway) GTD in my co-workers.
    The important thing here isn't that people are using Treos and we should be excited, but we should be excited that as more and more people use smartphones, there will be more and more on the market for us to choose from.
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickj View Post
    I tried that add-in as well, and agree with your comments. Good luck on the install front - have a look at VitaList - it's very use-able via a mobile browser as well ...
    Seems like a nice system if you are primarily computer based. But if you're away from the computer and want to browse your action item lists, the built in tasks application is far faster than blazer, and it works whether you have network coverage or not.

Is David still using a palm plain vanilla approach?
  14.    #14  
    I use Tasks as well. Bad: if I put a phone number in a task I can't just hit it to dial. I have to cut and paste into the dialer.
    I use Tasks as well. Bad: if I put a phone number in a task I can't just hit it to dial. I have to cut and paste into the dialer.
    You can dial phone numbers directly out of tasks, calendar, memos or any other applications using this excellent utility, which I highly recommend:

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=89468
    I use the GTD Gmail extension for Firefox (http://www.gtdgmail.com/) and the GMail application for the Treo. Then I configure GMail on my Treo to display "Phone" and "Mobile" GTD tasks in my Inbox, so that when I am mobile I can see the tasks that relate to the contexts available to me at that time.
    I'm interested in hearing what other people do.
    -Josh