1.    #1  
    My friends all have these other type of phones (motorola, razor, etc.) and they have a bunch of cute little graphics they can add to their text messages. Where are the ones for the Treo 650?

I know when you create a text message the generic smilies are available, as are short custom messages, but there has to be more than that! I mean this is a much more powerful device, not to mention much more pricey, and there's nothing it can't do. Or is this where it falls short?

I'd even be willing to buy software that would give me a whole bunch of these icons to choose from for my messages.

Any ideas?
    Having those 'generic' smilies already puts you above many, many other phones. Anyhoo here's one you may not know about:

http://www.thesmartpda.com/50226711/...o_emoticon.php
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    You can also make a larger tongue smiley by using a capitol P instead of the lower case p
    Quote Originally Posted by synlupri View Post
    My friends all have these other type of phones (motorola, razor, etc.) and they have a bunch of cute little graphics they can add to their text messages. Where are the ones for the Treo 650?
    Bear in mind that what is displayed on the receiving device is determined by that device. Doesn't matter what you send, if the receiver can't display the appropriate emoticon. And conversely, any phone can sent a Treo owner a smoking emoticon by including :! in the message and you can send your friends any of their emoticons by knowing the character string that produces them.
    Last edited by johncc; 02/28/2007 at 04:35 PM.