1.    #1  
    I need big time help. I am in the process of buying a PDA smartphone and I am not sure which one to get. I have used in the past a 700w and a 700p. I know a couple of people that are useing a moto q and some are happy with it others are not. But if you read reveiws on the 700wx people are the same way the either hate it or love it. I need help choosing any input would be great.
    I have a 700wx. I have had a couple of Smartphones, but not the Q.

I have a friend with the Q and grumbles about battery life. I don't know if this is typical.

Me? I want the power and the memory and the touchscreen.
    Quote Originally Posted by kicky776 View Post
    I need big time help. I am in the process of buying a PDA smartphone and I am not sure which one to get. I have used in the past a 700w and a 700p. I know a couple of people that are useing a moto q and some are happy with it others are not. But if you read reveiws on the 700wx people are the same way the either hate it or love it. I need help choosing any input would be great.
    Hey guy --as a 34 year Motorola Employee I am attempting to use the Q in my business...am I happy....welll I have nothing to compare to..for the price and the charge for info its difficult to say that it is one easy to use and too do I really need it? I need to prove that this is the equipment I need right now a 2 on a scale of 1 to 5 5 being best

So soon I will make up my mine to get rid of it or go to a competitor.
    Hey guy --as a 34 year Motorola Employee I am attempting to use the Q in my business...am I happy....welll I have nothing to compare to..for the price and the charge for info its difficult to say that it is one easy to use and too do I really need it? I need to prove that this is the equipment I need right now a 2 on a scale of 1 to 5 5 being best

So soon I will make up my mine to get rid of it or go to a competitor.
    I know two coworkers with Q's. One is Verizon, the other Sprint. Both say the battery is awful. One is going to use an extended battery that adds a hump to the phone's back.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    I know two coworkers with Q's. One is Verizon, the other Sprint. Both say the battery is awful. One is going to use an extended battery that adds a hump to the phone's back.
    I tried it but I am at a loss without the touch screen. I am getting my 700WX this week. (Thery are replacing my 700P with the 700WX)
  7.    #7  
    thanks for the replys i need to make up my mind it is hard. Don't want to be unhappy.
    Problems like yours are why God made the 30-day test drive rule for phone sales. Get the Q, try it. You'll be sad. Then get the wx. You'll be happy.
    posting from mobile site, sorry for extra post.

This decision is not big. It is not like deciding whether to get a boob job or something like that. It is only money. What is the worst thing that happens if you decide a few months from now that you want a new phone? It costs you a few hundred bucks. That's all.
    wx
    I guess it all depends on what you (think) you'll use the device for. If you want mostly phone, and less <other> stuff, then get the Q. Your use of the device will be somewhat limited, but you may not know what you're missing.

Why not just go all in, and get the WX, with its full complement of app support and its complete PDA function? I say the way Palm has improved and added to the full blown Pocket PC version of WM makes it as much a phone-centric device as the Q/Dash/Blackjack, etc yet it still has all the power of a 8125, MDA, 6700, etc. In other words, the WM Treo is the best of both. As much a phone-focused device as Q, yet as robust as 8125. Both. In one. With far better battery life than the Q. One handed like the Q, but not the watered down version of WM.
    I don't really like the Q cause No touch screen. and I don't like how it is set up. but I am just a total palm Fan so then again...
    I have had a Treo 650 and a 700p, and I recently switched over to the Moto Q. I have to say that I love my Q - the touchscreen issue dissipates quickly, I don't miss it any more. The formfactor is fantastic - you can drop a Q into a dress shirt pocket without looking like a D-cup. The phone quality of the Q is better than the 700p - signal strength AND clarity. If you want to edit documents on your phone, the Q is more limitted than the Treo and there is much more software for WM5-PPC (700Wx) than there is for WM5-Smartphone, BUT if what you want is email and web access and a great phone, the Q is an excellent option. The Q is also WAY less expensive...
    Depends on your software needs. Basic PIM and email are great on both the Q and WX, but if you need more robust applications that needs the use of the touchscreen or are just designed for the Pocket PC and not Smartphone platform, you'll be wanting the WX.
    I went from th 6700 to wx back to 6700 and now I have the Q. I disagree with those who are painting the Q as a device for ppl who don't use PDA functions a lot. I am a very heavy data, email, calendar, todo, and contacts user, and have been very pleased with the Q's capabilities. I don't see a reason to steer people to the wx, etc inferring the Q can't handle heavy PDA type use. I don't miss the bulky 6700 or wx at all, and my Q does everything they were capable of. On top of equivalent information app capailities, the phone functions better than any PDA/phone device I've ever had. I'm highly pleased with my Q.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    I don't see a reason to steer people to the wx, etc inferring the Q can't handle heavy PDA type use.
    I am also a heavy user - there are a few Palm apps that I miss that most users wouldn't necessarily pine for. I use PDAnet on my Q for remote access on my laptop. It really does everything that is ESSENTIAL, and then a few things. But not as MANY things as a PPC or a Palm OS device.