Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Opera mini 3.1 has just been released

http://mini.opera.com
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    http://www.operamini.com/download/pc...lm_treo_700wx/

First, will Opera Mini even work for the 700w?
    Second, is the BREW problem a phone issue that an 'app' will fix or a carrier issue that nothing will fix?

Either way, I was kinda hoping to try it out.
    I'm trying opera mini for the first time on my 700P, so far, I'm not impressed.
    I love it...it's all i use anymore.
    Anybody knows of a way I can migrate from 2.0 to 3.1 without losing my bookmarks? Or a way to move my bookmarks to 3.1

Thanks,

Al
    Wow great news. Opera Mini is by far the best application I have ever used on the Treo.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    When I goto that page and put in 700wx, I keep getting the .prc download. When I went to it from the phone link, it detects my phone as an IPAQ HX4700.
    Opera is great on the 700P, especially if you don't have evdo.
    Will opera run on 700p? I tried to DL and install, it tells me I need the IBM Java VM installed. When I try to install J2ME, it doesn't show to support the 700p (per Palm website). Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_arm View Post
    Will opera run on 700p? I tried to DL and install, it tells me I need the IBM Java VM installed. When I try to install J2ME, it doesn't show to support the 700p (per Palm website). Am I missing something?
    The java can install on the 700P even though it isn't listed. Just get the one for the 650.
    I struggled and finally got this installed yesterday, and although it looks really slick the app seems to crash every time I tell it to go to a web page. No reset or anything, just closes itself without any error message.
    Quote Originally Posted by forteanajones View Post
    I struggled and finally got this installed yesterday, and although it looks really slick the app seems to crash every time I tell it to go to a web page. No reset or anything, just closes itself without any error message.
    What are your Java settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    What are your Java settings?
    The defaults, on version J9 2.2 ARM (20040706_1505) which are: Use Double Buffering (unchecked), Use high resolution coordinates (unchecked), HTTP Proxy (none), Set Memory Maximum: 1Mb, Set Maximum Java Thread / Stack Size: 2Kb.
    If you have a 650, set max to 4 and stack to 8 (or 16, can't really remember). If you have a 700, set to 8 max and 32.
    Check double buffering and high resolution.
    If you have a 650, set max to 4 and stack to 8 (or 16, can't really remember). If you have a 700, set to 8 max and 32.
    Tried at memory max 4 / stack 8 and then memory max 8 / stack 16, with buffering and high-res checked, and in both cases, Opera closed immediately upon launch (whereas before it launched but closed when I navigated to a page).
    Quote Originally Posted by forteanajones View Post
    Tried at memory max 4 / stack 8 and then memory max 8 / stack 16, with buffering and high-res checked, and in both cases, Opera closed immediately upon launch (whereas before it launched but closed when I navigated to a page).
    after making these changes OperaMini works beautifully for me
    Waaaaaay better than Blazer.
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    The java can install on the 700P even though it isn't listed. Just get the one for the 650.
    For reference, any 680 lurkers in here the 650 Java will work also.
    Palm V > Palm Tungsten E > Palm Treo 680 (Unlocked GSM) purchased 1-4-07
    -
    My 680 Stats: Firmware-MW01.50; Software: TREO680-1.04-ROW; Hardware: A
    -
    Cellular One / PrimeCo / AT&T Wireless / Sprint / Clingular / AT&T Wireless (Cingular)
    -
    Moto Startac * PrimeCo Qualcomm * Nokia 6400 * Sanyo 4500 * Sanyo 8100 * Nokia 6682 (Unlocked) * Palm Treo 680 (Unlocked)
    GA you rock! I was having the same issue of the browser exiting when loading a webpage. I took a long shot and plugged your settings for the 650 to see if they would work for the 680. Success! I changed the IBM Java Preferences (Prefs > IBM Java Preferences) settings to:

• Use Double Buffering (checked ON)
    • Use High Res Coordinates (checked ON)
    • HTTP Proxy: BLANK
    • Set Memory Max: 8 MB (tap on the slider to adjust)
    • Set Maxiumu Java Thread Stack Size: 16kb (tap on the slider to adjust)

and now Opera works perfectly. I'm glad I found the Java at Palm because otherwise IBM wants to charge you for it.

Opera would not work with the default settings of the IBM Java Client (Prefs > IBM Java Preferences). A page would load and then immediately close and cause Opera to quit.

Thanks again from a grateful 680 owner!
    Palm V > Palm Tungsten E > Palm Treo 680 (Unlocked GSM) purchased 1-4-07
    -
    My 680 Stats: Firmware-MW01.50; Software: TREO680-1.04-ROW; Hardware: A
    -
    Cellular One / PrimeCo / AT&T Wireless / Sprint / Clingular / AT&T Wireless (Cingular)
    -
    Moto Startac * PrimeCo Qualcomm * Nokia 6400 * Sanyo 4500 * Sanyo 8100 * Nokia 6682 (Unlocked) * Palm Treo 680 (Unlocked)
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Let's say I have 5 MB of Ram available, and I set my memory max to something higher than 5, is that a recipe for constant crashes? How does stack size relate?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast