Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Yep, I foresee crashes in your future.
    I'm keeping mine set at 4 MB, and mine is running o.k.

By the way, I love this browser. I hesitated because of the space that it takes, but I'm glad I installed it. It actually uses a cache when you press the "back" button!

With the compression and cache, I figure I'm saving a lot of battery life due to the reduction in data that must be transferred. Not to mention the time to download a 20 kB page instead of 300 kB.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Before I go to the trouble, does it use the nav buttons appropriately? There's a caution on the website about the center button not working. Does navigation work well with Opera mini?
    Center button works. Navigation is superb with this browser, IMHO.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Opera doesn't launch kinoma for streaming video.

It doesn't display the security passcodes that various websites produce in order to prove you're human.

It requires the use of something like shortcut5 just to use the _ symbol.

It requires java.

The bookmark page sucks.

The only positive I see with opera is it launches faster than blazer, but the pages load pretty much the same.
    I went to hbo.com/boxing, with opera it took 24 seconds to load, with blazer it took 27.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    After fiddling with Opera Mini 3.1 for a few days, I'm inclined to agree with pool_shark, for many of the reasons he mentions. I've not done any extensive testing with it, but at this point I'm not really sure why it's superior to Blazer. (I'm no big fan of Blazer, btw).

I've been an Opera desktop fan for years--I use it almost exclusively--and had pretty high hopes for the mini version, especially given the number of ardent Opera Mini fans 'round these parts. Anyone care to clue me in as to what I'm missing...???
    I've tried downloading the file twice now from my phone (Treo 700wx) and I either get a .prc file or a .jab file. How the heck do I install this software? I thought I needed a .cab file?

-Collin-
    I posted this query in another thread, but I think it's more likely to be answered here:

Am I correct in finding that it is not possible to set Opera Mini as the default browser? If that is the case, what might you recommend as an alternative to Blazer?

And...somewhat related because this is why I hate Blazer...when I get picturemail, I have to click on a URL to go to a website with the mail, then click it again to view it, then click it again to download it, click again, click again, clicka clicka. In Blazer this is slow as hay-ell. Thus my search for an alternative.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by trishb View Post
    I posted this query in another thread, but I think it's more likely to be answered here:

Am I correct in finding that it is not possible to set Opera Mini as the default browser? If that is the case, what might you recommend as an alternative to Blazer?

And...somewhat related because this is why I hate Blazer...when I get picturemail, I have to click on a URL to go to a website with the mail, then click it again to view it, then click it again to download it, click again, click again, clicka clicka. In Blazer this is slow as hay-ell. Thus my search for an alternative.

Thanks!
    I also tried to set it as the default browser, but didn't see a way to accomplish that.

With regard to the picture email attachments, mine doesn't touch blazer. I use chattermail, I click more, then sync. Then it loads, I click the attachment, it asks if I want to open it or save it. I click open, it asks what program, I choose pics&videos, and there it is. The browser never opens.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    I'm assuming that when you are using HTTPS you really ARE using HTTPS - I notice that ever HTTPS site I visit to test there is a padlock, but it has a little line through it - that just seems "wrong" to me - I mean I don't have the padlock when I'm not on HTTPS sites, but the line through it makes me feel like I've got a "negated" padlock.

Hmmm.

Danita
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    I also tried to set it as the default browser, but didn't see a way to accomplish that.

With regard to the picture email attachments, mine doesn't touch blazer. I use chattermail, I click more, then sync. Then it loads, I click the attachment, it asks if I want to open it or save it. I click open, it asks what program, I choose pics&videos, and there it is. The browser never opens.
    With the picturemail, I'm speaking about those that are sent via text. The only option I am given for receiving said picture is to open the URL, which when "clicked" automtically opens Blazer. Perhaps there is an alternate program to process SMS messages?
    With the picturemail, I'm speaking about those that are sent via text. The only option I am given for receiving said picture is to open the URL, which when "clicked" automtically opens Blazer. Perhaps there is an alternate program to process SMS messages?
    Blazer doesn't launch when I look at MMS messages either. I click the pic or video and it opens up a media viewer within messages, it never launches a web browser.
    Blazer doesn't launch when I look at MMS messages either. I click the pic or video and it opens up a media viewer within messages, it never launches a web browser.
    Are you on Sprint? Cuz that's what I've got and it has always been that way for picturemail for me. Even with my last phone (not a Treo) I had to open the browser to download the picture. Strange...
    Are you on Sprint? Cuz that's what I've got and it has always been that way for picturemail for me. Even with my last phone (not a Treo) I had to open the browser to download the picture. Strange...
    No, I have verizon. My last phone was an LG vx4400 from Verizon. I didn't need the browser to look at pics/videos then either.
    No, I have verizon. My last phone was an LG vx4400 from Verizon. I didn't need the browser to look at pics/videos then either.
    Ah. And therein lies the difference. I've been on the phone with Sprint all morning. Apparently, their picturemail works in the way I described: You click a link, which opens the browser. Then you select "view media". Then you can select to download media. Then it asks if you're sure. Then it asks where you want to save it. Then it asks if you'd like to open it. Pain. In. The. ****.

And all my picturemail comes in locked. They still haven't found away around that little gem. Oh how I long for the iPhone....
    Ah. And therein lies the difference. I've been on the phone with Sprint all morning. Apparently, their picturemail works in the way I described: You click a link, which opens the browser. Then you select "view media". Then you can select to download media. Then it asks if you're sure. Then it asks where you want to save it. Then it asks if you'd like to open it. Pain. In. The. ****.

And all my picturemail comes in locked. They still haven't found away around that little gem. Oh how I long for the iPhone....
    But clearly that isn't a limitation of the Treo, it's a limitation of sprint.
    But clearly that isn't a limitation of the Treo, it's a limitation of sprint.
    P'raps. But I still want an iPhone.
    The only good alternative to Blazer that exists is Universe 3.0.

It is available for a beta download at www.wapuniverse.com

The beta has some issues, bit it's creator is dedicated to making this program the best PalmOS web browser.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    The website states that Verizon is not supported??! Any other browsers better than blazer?
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    I tried the Universe browser, per your suggestion. It was slower and buggier than Blazer for me. I keeps hoping for something magical to come along...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast