Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Found this posted on the Palm site today. It's a fix for the change in daylight saving time. Haven't seen it posted here before, so here's the link:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/dst.html
    Thanks. I downloaded/installed it. Would be nice if it were not an installer package though. Ben
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I think there's an over the air option as well...
    I wonder if this could be installed into a custom ROM. That could avoid having to reinstall after a hard reset.
    "All users: In the event of a hard reset, this update will need to be installed and run again on your device"
    Last edited by jrfaris; 02/22/2007 at 01:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Thanks. I downloaded/installed it. Would be nice if it were not an installer package though. Ben
    I don't think it is actually an installer. I believe it only updates the built-in database with the new DST rules. You can do that manually if you like, it's just laborious to do for all of the cities you might travel to during the lifetime of owning your device.

I did the update and deleted the app. I then checked a couple of random North American cities using the manual technique and found that the rules for those cities had been changed. Using a file manager I see no evidence of any other new files being introduced to my Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris View Post
    I wonder if this could be installed into a custom ROM. That could avoid having to reinstall after a hard reset.
    "All users: In the event of a hard reset, this update will need to be installed and run again on your device"
    Yea, that's a pain. Luckily, I don't hard reset all that often. If I ever do, though, and forget this patch, my calendar might get screwed up. Yuch.

With Palm announcing that they will fix the recently discovered "Find" security flaw, I have hopes that they'll roll up the camera update, the security fix and the DST update into a new ROM. But not holding my breath... they could wind up with a RAM based solution to the security flaw.
    I read a memo that said the loooong awaited 700p update is scheduled for March release. The patch being released makes me think it will be AFTER 3/11.

If not then why not just include the patch in the ROM update?
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Hey D,

Thanks for the update! If it is true that the ROM update has been in testing for awhile -- then I can see why a carrier would not just want to slap that into the ROM update at the last minute -- maybe this is why the DST fix and the ROM update will not be combined. . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    It's a pain that this would have to be reinstalled after a hard reset. I'm wondering if restoring from BackupMan would have the update already. Also, I'm wondering what good this update really does. I've got my 680 set to get time/date from server, and even if that doesn't work don't find it a pain to change it manually. Do I really need this?
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    I have read the comments on the Palm DST update homepage, and I have noticed that the events around March 11, 2007 are in the calendar under the wrong times, but have a comment which states the actual time. I have also noticed that the dates previous to 2007 have also been affected. I am using an Exchange connection for syncing.

Does anyone know why this is occuring? Why can't it just change the time?
    But my question is WHY do we need this update? I get my date and time from the network. When I travel the Treo knows my new local time and I never make a change to it.

Am I wrong to assume that my time will be correct without the patch as long as I always get it from the network?
    Quote Originally Posted by bcwaller View Post
    But my question is WHY do we need this update? I get my date and time from the network. When I travel the Treo knows my new local time and I never make a change to it.

Am I wrong to assume that my time will be correct without the patch as long as I always get it from the network?
    You don't need the patch if you get the info from the network.
    However, if may need a patch for Outlook or Palm Desktop is you sync with either one of those.

I use Outlook 2003 and got the Outlook patch, however I didn't get the Treo patch since I use the Sprint network.

All of my calendar entries on my treo and Outlook are correct.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    You don't need the patch if you get the info from the network.
    However, if may need a patch for Outlook or Palm Desktop is you sync with either one of those.

I use Outlook 2003 and got the Outlook patch, however I didn't get the Treo patch since I use the Sprint network.

All of my calendar entries on my treo and Outlook are correct.

Good Luck
    Ok, I want to re-visit this issue. Wouldn't I have to down load the Palm patch so that it would adjust the DST settings in the app "World Clock" which was on the Treo 700p out of the box?
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I downloaded and installed it. Not sure what it did but it remains on the Treo and can be run again just like any other program. I assume that it would be restored by my backup program after a hard reset. I would be able to run it again but it would seem that whatever time DB it updated would be restored as well so why would I need to? I wish there were a better description of what file the program actually updates. I had to do the Outlook fix as well and after that was done, the time shifts and sync errors were gone so I'm not sure if this Palm update (done later) actually accomplishes anything, particularly if you use network time.
    Once you apply this patch, Resco backup seems to restore to the "patched" DST rules, even after a hard reset.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    Well I'm tired of obsessing about this:
    I've installed the Windows XP update (this was done for me thru Auto Updates)
    I've installed the Outlook update (had to do this manually)
    I've installed the Palm OS update.

If my Treo explodes on March 11th, so be it.
    Good Luck to everyone else.
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 03/01/2007 at 11:02 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    How do you update a Widow?

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    How do you update a Widow?

Well Perry, I just installed TextPlus on my Treo - looks like I could use it on T/C

So professor, I will write "Windows" 100 times.
    (I did go back and correct it after you caught it Perry.)

Tks Bro
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Sorry Turbo, I just couldn't resist it. I thought marriage, dating or buy a Mac would be thrown back at me.

Me too, TextPlus went on last night!
    I had WordComplete on my Palm Tungsten T3 and prior PDAs, but it did not work on the Treo 650 or 700P. I am glad the forum steered me onto TextPlus.

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/02/2007 at 06:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Sorry Turbo, I just couldn't resist it. I thought marriage, dating or buy a Mac would be thrown back at me.

Me too, TextPlus went on last night!
    I had WordComplete on my Palm Tungsten T3 and prior PDAs, but it did not work on the Treo 650 or 700P. I am glad the forum steered me onto TextPlus.

Cheers, Perry
    Perry,
    I also wasted my $'s on WordComplete.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover