1.    #1  
    Fellas, i already knew that the 700 was CDMA only, but today i went to a rogers wireless store in a mall, and one of the girls working there claimed numerous times that the 700 is infact GSM and that if i got an unlocked one that i could use it on the rogers network simply by swapping the sim card out of my phone and inserting it into the 700.

Now, i already searched for things like "treo 700 gsm" and "treo 700 unlocked", just the lack of search results with those 3 phrases together suggests to me that the thing is CDMA only.

As i understand things:
    600 GSM
    650 GSM
    680 GSM
    700p CDMA w/ Palm operating system
    700wx CDMA w/ Windows operating system
    750 unknown

Now, am i wrong anywhere or is she? (i hope im wrong, cause i really want something higher than 680 + gsm )
  2.    #2  
    Ok, so i placed a bid for an unlocked 680, because i didnt realize it is somehow newer than the 700?!? But it has a 640X480 camera like my stupid RAZR >:|

Anyways, i placed a bid for it, but now im having second thoughts about the 680, the 750 seems so much more superior...

Hmm..i kinda hope i get outbid so i can maybe try for a 750 in the high 400$ range..
    The 750 is superior in some technology. It has UMTS and a better camera.

However it is hampered with a lower resolution screen (240x240) vs. 320x320 for the 680. The 750 also runs Windows Mobile instead of PalmOS/GarnetOS.

If you don't need UMTS or Windows Mobile then you might be happier with the 680. If you do need Windows Mobile but you are willing to change form-factors then you might want to look at the HTC Hermes/Cingular 8525.

(just some thoughts)
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    700p/w/wx are all CDMA. There are no GSM versions of these phone. You would have to go with the 650, 680 or 750 for GSM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  5. kuj
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01 View Post
    The 750 is superior in some technology. It has UMTS and a better camera.
    plus the soft-touch paint. ooohhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by driven01 View Post
    However it is hampered with a lower resolution screen (240x240) vs. 320x320 for the 680.
    which is because of a Windows mobile 5 limitation. with Windows mobile 6, that limitation is gone. Of course, if you were able to install WM6 on the 750, it still would only run at 240x240 because of the physical screen.

if you can, go visit a palm store and test drive the 680 and 750 and see which one suits you better.
  6.    #6  
    AAaaahhh..thanks for confirming what i already thought guys

I guess i'll go with the 680...everything has it's drawbacks

680 only has 64 megs of internal memory + a loooow res digicam, but on the other hand the 750 has a low res screen and is far more expensive..

It's a huge tug of war with treo devices..
    unfortunately you speak the truth.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)