Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So, you have a 750p? Really? Must be interesting in the alternate universe.

Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    erm.. Hello? 680? 750P?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    So, you have a 750p? Really? Must be interesting in the alternate universe.
    Obviously not, since it's not released. But you were saying the 700P is the last Treo with POS which is wrong.
    I was not the one saying the 700p was the last.

I have not heard any rumors about a 750p. The 750 is windows based since Palm OS can't handle UMTS.

Obviously not, since it's not released. But you were saying the 700P is the last Treo with POS which is wrong.
    I was not the one saying the 700p was the last.

I have not heard any rumors about a 750p. The 750 is windows based since Palm OS can't handle UMTS.
    Ah, oops, I didn't look back at the previous page.

The 750p isn't announced but I'm pretty sure it's on its way. Anywho.
    About all Palm could do with a "750p" is upgrade to a 1.3 or 2mpx cam, give it some more LiIon juice, the 750 skin, and maybe a hp boost to 416. Frankengarnet is pretty much maxxed out as a far as wireless goes. I don't see how you could justify $200 more for a 680 with these new touches. Maybe I'm wrong.
    Patrick Horne
    Ah, oops, I didn't look back at the previous page.

The 750p isn't announced but I'm pretty sure it's on its way. Anywho.
    I wont bet on it. I have yet to find how and when Palm will be able to put a battery that can put decency in gsm based slim treo. Talking about CDMA based slim treo is out of question at this point, even without EVDO (which will be a suicide for Palm).
    I have yet to see what (if not new linux Palm OS) Palm is spending R&D investment on. Because having slim treo is not just a wish. Having slim treo with all capabilities and simplicity of old treo650 and with new features is a wish. And battery life matters a lot even its swap-able.
    Thats my 2 cents.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Well it depends on what you mean by ease of use. I tried the Q when it first came out and it had lots of issues.

But the latest version with their latest software has made big strides. Here's an example of real usability: they have profiles built in. You can manually select what you want but there is an automatic mode where it will switch between a normal and meeting profile based on your calendar. It will also switch to a headset or car profile if it is connected to either through a wired connection or through bluetooth. Really, useful and stable. And I have to say that after almost two weeks of testing the Q has been far more stable than the 750. No crashes, no sudden loss of ringtones, no alarms not going off, no bluetooth disconnects.

The Treo used to be the king of usability, but I've found all the Treos released in the last year to have significant stability issues. If yours works fine, that's great but I think Palm has lost their way. Their great feature of typing in a name in the today screen is standard on the smartphone edition. I just don't see where they are really innovating anything anymore. It's nice that they have threaded SMS in WM5, but other than that I'm not impressed anymore.

no touchscreen....done
    I'd rather have no touchscreen and something that works than something with a touchscreen and tons of bugs.

I don't really get the need for a touchscreen. Palm and users are clamoring for better one handed usage. What do you need a touchscreen for in that? In most apps, the smartphone OS actually works much better one handed than even Palm's modifications to WM5 PocketPC. I wouldn't knock it until you've tried it. It works very well as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by HumP View Post
    no touchscreen....done
    I have to agree with bcaslis that the touch screen is getting less and less important. I have my 700p in a clear case that has the keyboard exposed and a hinged area to cover the screen. With the 5-way (and keyboard instead of graffiti), the stylus has become a lot less necessary. This coming from a die-hard Palm user!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I will admit that since migrating from a Kyocera7135 to a 650 and now a 700 Ive used the stylus less and less but I still use the touchscreen quite a bit. I would hate it and I mean HATE if they ever got rid of it.

Call me die hard but I love the fact that its there. OTOH I also hate it when app makers dont fully integrate the 5way nav option. Palm themselves is guilty of this in some of their default apps. The calendar is most notable.

I see both sides of the argument but I still would hate it if they ever got rid of it.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12