Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    An industry insider told me a few months back that Palm would not exist in 2 years.

And Now this:
    The Galleaon Group, a long/short hedge fund gobbles 6.345 millions shares of Palm, giving them a 6.2% stake. Common sense tells us that they will not load up on Palm Stocks if they won’t see a quick return that could come from a Merger.

Read Article here
    http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/07...8_id.html?.v=1
    Last edited by tj8212; 02/15/2007 at 11:21 PM.
    Well maybe we'll finally see a flip Treo if this happens!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    In the last year or two, Palm has pretty much proven they don't deserve to exist as a company. Handspring has hit all the home runs since and Palm can't seem to stay on base.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Palm has a couple more devices to release and then they're done.

new management needed. only gonna happen through a merger and acquisition.

motorola's a strong bet.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    lots of things can change. perhaps all Palm needs is new leadership. (perhaps someone who can buy a clue)
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Great, we're going to see a MOTOHANDSPRNG, eh? Or a...MOTOTR 980? hahah no vowels...haha
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Merger? You mean takeover don't you?
    oh great, motorola quality. I don't like the way this could turn out...but at least moto does have some decent designs.
  9.    #9  
    Here are a few more hints
    -Motorola has already purchased Good Technology, a core component of the Treos that is used by corporate clients
    -Both Companies CEO's have been asked about a possible merger and both have never flat out denied it
    -There is even a rumor floating out there that Ed Zander, Ed Colligan and Jeff Hawkins were spotted together. If this is true, then you can almost be certain something may be going down
    yummy Q/Treo hybrids, perhaps?
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    If motorola or hp take them over, there will me more cash to devote to marketing, research and intelligent business strategies.

all we see palm doing are name changes, spinoffs, buying back rights or software they already owned in the past. its like watching the keystone cops.

Someone please step in and stop this madness already.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    oh great, motorola quality. I don't like the way this could turn out...but at least moto does have some decent designs.
    At least Motorola uses a process to identify and reduce variation in their products (Six Sigma). Palm/Treos could benefit from having such a methodology applied to the design/manufacturing process.)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    At least Motorola uses a process to identify and reduce variation in their products (Six Sigma). Palm/Treos could benefit from having such a methodology applied to the design/manufacturing process.)
    Yeah, like the problem Seidio had in making battery doors for the 750 and the 650... (or was it the 7ooP and the 700w/wx?)... the Treos were made by different manufacturers with slightly different dimensions.

I really don't know if this is good news or bad. If they are taking over Palm (or should I say- without vowels- PLM) to kill it (no need- it may be killing itself) or are they doing so to bring it out of intensive care and into the recovery room?

I Believe in the PLM 900 P!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    wow, very interesting.. wont echo a lot of the statements that have already been made... But I'll definitely keep my eyes and ears out for this possible merger/takeover.
    My last 2 non-Treo phones were a StarTac and a Motorola Limited Edition Elite series phone.

This "merger" might be why we haven't seen any ROM updates in awhile.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Ick. Moto. The last good phone they did was the original analog Star-Tac
    I think there may be somthing to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Why do you think that? The RAZR is a great design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    They shortchange the US. They make better phones for overseas. The new RAZR models now have 3G but we may not see those models over here.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    That would be good news for the Treo users. But I would feel sorry for Hawking and co.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast