1.    #1  
    Oh my

See C/NET News and associated links on that page

Vendor Response:

14-08-2006: Initial Vendor Notification.
    06-09-2006: Vendor acknowledges receipt of vulnerability description.
    06-09-2006: Vendor confirms vulnerability.
    19-01-2007: Vendor decides not to fix vulnerability.
    14-02-2007: Advisory released.
    For my phones, I find this to be of.... little concern....

Why? I use Good Messaging that supports a full phone erase (including any SD cards). If I loose or have my phone stolen, I just send this signal and blamo. In addition for extra protection, we use a password program you need to use to access the phone. Three wrong tries (you can change this) and it also erases the phone. http://www.credant.com/component/opt...page/Itemid,1/

I've tested it several times to see how it works and I've had it erase every single time.

So this primarily is of concern to those that use the builtin applications and VersaMail. You shouldn't have to purchase extra software for the basic lock features, but for those that are seriously concerned, you can protect yourself.

Hopefully Palm does patch this for everyone else, and it does bother me that there is a flaw in the phones even if it doesn't appeart to affect me.
    Last edited by Electro-Tether; 02/15/2007 at 04:52 PM.
    Ok, this is the first build.

I have tested it on a Verizon Treo 700p and it works.

PLEASE: Back up your device before installing. I take no responsibility for any loss of data. This is provided without warranty.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ooops, that was supposed to be posted at the other thread...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Electro-Tether View Post
    For my phones, I find this to be of.... little concern.....................Hopefully Palm does patch this for everyone else, and it does bother me that there is a flaw in the phones even if it doesn't appeart to affect me.
    I also have a remote erase program (either Butler or Msafe) but posted for general consumption.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Definitely go to this thread to see the work in progress. The file is still in testing mode. . . . .
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...28#post1199528
    I look forward to the fix also. As a note, I downloaded/installed/tested Warden and was able to get around its security features three times - with TakePhone installed, after a call (even one interrupted) has been made, control passes to TakePhone and defeats the security settings within Warden.
    Ben