Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I found mine hanging out today. . .

I made a text document called

Owner_Read_Me.txt

in a folder by the same name on the root of my SD card. The file contains my contact info. Who knows, an honest person might find it, open the file, and return it.

Seemed like a good idea to me!

Tony
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I found mine hanging out today. . .

I made a text document called

Owner_Read_Me.txt

in a folder by the same name on the root of my SD card. The file contains my contact info. Who knows, an honest person might find it, open the file, and return it.

Seemed like a good idea to me!

Tony
    Hey,
    That is a good idea.
    Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
    I did that but I name it $$$__REWARD__$$$ . So if they're not honest they may be greedy.
    NotifyMe will make an incredibly annoying sound if your card ejects.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post

Thanks for the sugestion of "NotifyMe". I wasn't aware of a program that would notify me when my card was missing. This was always a big concern of mine. Well, not anymore, thanks to jaharr & NotifyMe!
    I lost a card. I now keep a piece of scotch tape over the top. It's hard to see unless you're holding it and it guarantees the card doesn't eject.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    I lost a card. I now keep a piece of scotch tape over the top. It's hard to see unless you're holding it and it guarantees the card doesn't eject.
    Do you have a GSM phone? The sim tray is awful close to the top. I guess I could cover both of them, though.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    PalmPuke will make an incredibly obnoxious (read: embarassing) sound if your card ejects.

Choices:
    Barf
    Belch
    Boat
    Cackle
    Haha (Nelson from the Simpsons)
    Scream
    Yikes
    I use CardKeeper.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I have now done the OWNER_READ_ ME.txt idea and my phone number scotch taped to the back of it . .. . . . .

Great Thread.
    it is easy to change the sound when your sd card is ejected. the problem is with the device. if the device is in sleep mode no sound is made when the card is ejected. there for Notifyme is no good.

i will post a link to the original thread when i find it.

cody
    ok check out this thread...http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=132396

check out reply 14.
    Cardkeeper sounds an alarm even when the phone is off and keyguard is enabled.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    My card has popped out on several occasions and I have read of others here losing cards. Fortunately, I have a case which has a flap which snaps over the card to keep it secure (it still pops out part way). Thanks for mentioning the alarm utilities.
    For the record, my card has never popped out of my 700p but it frequently did so on my Treo 600. I used the scotch tape method until I discovered Cardkeeper.
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 02/28/2007 at 07:48 AM.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Can you guys post the links to cardkeeper, palmpuke and notify me?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Can you guys post the links to cardkeeper, palmpuke and notify me?
    CardKeeper
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-75.html

PalmPuke
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-691.html

NotifyMe
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-150.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekzter View Post
    Thanks for the sugestion of "NotifyMe".
    You're welcome Geekzter.

Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    if the device is in sleep mode no sound is made when the card iis no good.
    Not on my 700p cody. Sleep mode or not, it sounds the alarm when card is ejected.
    anyone backup their SD card automatically?
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    This thread should be a sticky and wow am I impressed and thankful for the OP and those who've posted thier ideas. Thanks to all!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast