Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    FREEWARE !!

Are all three linked above freeware ? I just downloaded CardKeeper and was pleasently surprised to find it freeware.

Cool.
    Cool...
    Card keeper at only 6.80Kb is just small enough for me to stick it on my next custom ROM. It gets me to see how a simple application like this could grow from 6.80KB in the case of card keeper to 93.7KB (notify me) & 101kB( Palm Puke).
    Thanks to the mods for sticking this!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxboy View Post
    Cool...
    Card keeper at only 6.80Kb is just small enough for me to stick it on my next custom ROM. It gets me to see how a simple application like this could grow from 6.80KB in the case of card keeper to 93.7KB (notify me) & 101kB( Palm Puke).
    I think those are bigger because they use their own cute sounds (which takes up space).

I use CardKeeper too.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    FREEWARE !!

Are all three linked above freeware ? I just downloaded CardKeeper and was pleasently surprised to find it freeware.

Cool.
    Yes...all three are freeware
    Any suggestions for a WM5 solution? (700wx)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delirious View Post
    Any suggestions for a WM5 solution? (700wx)
    Yeah...go get a Palm
    I've never lost a card because I always kept a piece of tape over the SD card.

The T600 would eject the card from the slightest tap to the top of the device. My PPC 6700 could shoot its card 3 feet strait up. The 650 was better with a redesigned SD mechanism but I still kept the tape. But now my tape using days are over because my precious 750 has a cover over the SD slot. Thank you palm
    I've never lost my card(not outside of my home anyways), but it's one of my biggest fears b/c I have a lot of sensitive stuff on it. I'm really glad my case has a snappy strap that goes right over it. I am going to make a reward text file though, that's a really good idea.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by KabukiAssassin View Post
    I've never lost my card(not outside of my home anyways), but it's one of my biggest fears b/c I have a lot of sensitive stuff on it. I'm really glad my case has a snappy strap that goes right over it. I am going to make a reward text file though, that's a really good idea.
    If I had sensitive info on there I would do the tape thing, too.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I would but I pop it out quite frequently & that tape wouldnt last a day. I'm not worried, the strap is quite secure.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    I carry 3 cards with me (1 music, 1 videos, 1 docs). Luckily, I've yet to lose one. I store them by sticking the unused ones into the back of my 650's silicon case Works pretty good!
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    I can't lose my card.
    I can't eject it either with the Speck Products case on my 650.....take the good with the bad I guess.
    I lost one, so now I depend on scotch tape. there's a reason they call it magic.

I did read a pretty good suggestion here, though. I put a text file called ~REWARD-READ ME~ on the card with phone numbers and my name in the event that some savy guy picks it home. In the end, I'm not too worried. I think that if the average joe finds a card he'll assume it's for a camera or that it's just a piece of rinky-dink plastic and pitch it.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    I am sure I have lost at least one, but the biggest issue I had was when the card use lost the info.

I turned on the Treo and message read "Card is blank. Do you want to Format?"

Imagine my horror.

Listen to my Podcast, talking about backing up the SD card.

Many people have never considered backing up the SD card.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    I am sure I have lost at least one, but the biggest issue I had was when the card use lost the info.

I turned on the Treo and message read "Card is blank. Do you want to Format?"

Imagine my horror.

Listen to my Podcast, talking about backing up the SD card.

Many people have never considered backing up the SD card.
    I had that happen, it was horrible! I had everything on the card since the 650 had such low memory...all was lost Needless to say, I back my card up everytime I hotsync now.
    yep I backup with Backupbuddy as well as copying my card, onto at least 3 different hard drives on 2 networks. Im a freak for backing up. Ive lost to much information to let it happen again.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  18.    #38  
    Everyone who loses valuable information becomes a believer in backups very quickly. . .

Most everything I really need from my card is backed up when I hotsync (documents and media). I can always reinstall the programs if they get lost. Nevertheless, I still back up my card regularly.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Did you ever lose an SD card?

Tony
    Did you ever own a Treo 650? I had to file mine down just so it would be harder to eject and I still lost two cards.

Backupman i think does SD backup and you can select the DIR so it doesn't waste it's time with large music file and movies. Good deal!
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    Did you ever own a Treo 650? I had to file mine down just so it would be harder to eject and I still lost two cards.

Backupman i think does SD backup and you can select the DIR so it doesn't waste it's time with large music file and movies. Good deal!
    It probably has to do with how you handle your phone. I keep mine in my front pocket, and pull on its lanyard to remove it. Thus, I don't press on the top of the phone where the card is. Nevertheless, I found it sticking out once.

If you use a certain case or carry yours differently, I could see how ejecting the card could be a regular event. In that case, I think I would use some tape over the card. I bet some people, on the other hand, have never ejected their card by accident.

By the way, I consider myself to be a heavy user. I already had to replace my buttons because of wear, and the paint is coming off my phone's case pretty badly by now, front and back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast