View Poll Results: How do you carry your Treo?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • In a case attached to your belt

52 44.83%
  • In your hand

0 0%
  • In your trouser pocket

48 41.38%
  • In your jacket pocket

16 13.79%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Revisiting this topic. This question is for all of the gents out there who love their Treos and can't live without them. I am asking men only in that many women (if not most) most probably carry theirs in purse.

Guys: How do you carry your treos?

I would really love to hear from those business professionals out there who wear trousers/suit pants throughout the work week. Sometimes i get the feeling that no one thinks that there Treos are bulky/heavy because they carry them in their belt pouches (which i won't bring myself to). I also think that those who have the ability to wear jeans on a daily basis feel it less in that the pockets are usually somewhat tight.

Thanks for the replies!

makes 1k!
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    You are now the proud owner of a green Treo icon!

Ten years of belt clips or pouches . . . . . if it's not on the night stand. . . it's on my belt or in my hand.
    In a case hanging off my trouser pocket (clipping it to my belt makes it dig into my soft underbelly .. uncomfortable)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    I am asking men only in that many women (if not most) most probably carry theirs in purse.
    Given that "in purse" is not an option to select in your poll, you've already prevented women (and men) who carry their Treos in a purse/man bag from replying. Therefore, without explicitly excluding all women from the rest of your message, you *may* have gotten contributions from women, including professional women, who carry their Treos differently. Oh well...
    Discrimination...
    Pocket. Pants usually but suit coat if I'm suited.
    I have to carry it on my belt. I only need one bulge in my pants.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    On my belt in a horizontal holster.
    8 out of 10 times in my dress pants OR jeans trouser pockets - still light enough to carry easily but heavy enough to know I've not been picked (5 days of the week usually work slacks, weekends jeans)..other two times with the belt clip.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    "trouser"?? carry mine in my cargo shorts pocket unless i've got an important meeting, then it's in my jeans pocket!
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Revisiting this topic. This question is for all of the gents out there who love their Treos and can't live without them. I am asking men only in that many women (if not most) most probably carry theirs in purse.

Guys: How do you carry your treos?

I would really love to hear from those business professionals out there who wear trousers/suit pants throughout the work week. Sometimes i get the feeling that no one thinks that there Treos are bulky/heavy because they carry them in their belt pouches (which i won't bring myself to). I also think that those who have the ability to wear jeans on a daily basis feel it less in that the pockets are usually somewhat tight.

Thanks for the replies!

makes 1k!
    I hesitated to respond to the poll because my answer depends.

If I'm wearing jeans, my Treo is usually in its hardcase, on my belt.

If I'm wearing slacks/dress pants with no suit jacket, my Treo is usually in its hardcase, on my belt.

If I'm wearing a suit, with jacket, my Treo is usually in my inside jacket pocket, sans case.

It's all about whether 1) the belt bulge is too distracting and 2) my left pant pocket is clear o' crap.
    I usually have my wallet in that pocket, when I'm wearing slacks, so I'm less likely to keep my Treo there, as well.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Gave up on cases and screen protectors.
    Front pocket of my pants unless I'm wearing a jacket-then in the jacket pocket.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    in my pocket in a sena flip case.
    morris stalk
    In my trouser pocket. No case, no screenprotector, no clip. I just keep it out of the pocket that has my keys in it. It doesn't bother me at all to have it in my pocket.
    Last edited by oddlou; 02/14/2007 at 04:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Vaja case...nothing else like it.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  16.    #16  
    ok. almost half of the respondants carry theirs in a pouch, the other half in their pockets. given the tiny sample and such a large universe, any attempt at a meaningful (significant) statement would be quite difficult at this point. it's been my thought that those users who don't think their Treos are big and bulky are those who probably carry them on their belt (pouch). that statement could prove to be correct. those who carry their Treos in jeans or "cargo shorts" are somewhat exempt in that the larger device is hardly felt in snug pockets (jeans) or pockets out of reach (cargos, suit jacket). i used to carry my Treo in my trouser pockets (suit type pants) and it was almost a nuisance in how much it would either show or bounce around. i'm surprised we're not seeing more of those types of responses. regardless, thanks for the replies up to now.
    Last edited by oalvarez; 02/14/2007 at 06:33 PM.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    It really depends for me. During the work week I keep it in a Proporta Lateral case which means it's either in my hand or jacket pocket. On the weekend it goes naked since I'm in my car more often and need to keep the Treo in a car cradle during those times. So on the weekends it resides in my pants pocket.
    Trouser pocket, no case, no screenprotector. I think belt clips are tacky (imho!) so I don't use them. The treo is so chunky however that I usually relegate it to the backpocket if I'm walking around in a safe place (like at work) but I'll carry it in my frontpocket if I'm out and about.

I'm so used to this dance of pocket treo action that I'm doing the exact same thing with the Q.
    I use the Palm branded leather side case and a Palm branded skin. Ben
    it's been my thought that those users who don't think their Treos are big and bulky are those who probably carry them on their belt (pouch). that statement could prove to be correct. those who carry their Treos in jeans or "cargo shorts" are somewhat exempt in that the larger device is hardly felt in snug pockets (jeans) or pockets out of reach (cargos, suit jacket). i used to carry my Treo in my trouser pockets (suit type pants) and it was almost a nuisance in how much it would either show or bounce around. i'm surprised we're not seeing more of those types of responses. regardless, thanks for the replies up to now.
    I am honestly not suprised that you're not getting the answer you're looking for so far, O. I wear a suit every day. I like the size of the Treo. Many of the attorneys I work with and against have either Treos or similarly sized BlackBerrys. From what I've seen, many of them carry them in their trouser or jacket pockets. I've carried thinner devices, the Q, for example- I don't like how it feels in my hand. It doesn't feel that much smaller in my pocket. I can see some people wanting a much thinner device. But not everyone does. I don't- and I carry it in my pocket.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast