View Poll Results: How do you carry your Treo?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • In a case attached to your belt

52 44.83%
  • In your hand

0 0%
  • In your trouser pocket

48 41.38%
  • In your jacket pocket

16 13.79%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    On my belt 99% of the time. Standard Sprint case without the front cover and the plastic covering the keyboard cut out.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Use to always be in a pouch on my belt. But, now that I have Zoti's short antennae, I carry in my front left pocket most of the time.
    If I wear a suit, the treo is in a case, on my belt... sometimes even if I don't wear a suit it is on my belt... well, if I don't want to take it out the case, I just slip it on the belt and roll out the door.

If I am not wearing a suit, and the treo is not in the case when I get ready to leave, I'll put it in my front left pocket, as I've done with all my palm devices since the Palm V (I've had palms before that one but that was the first one I carried ALL the time). Everything else goes in the right pocket.

In other words, it does not matter to me... I don't even think about where it is at... but I do keep it at one or two places, left-side on belt, or in left pants pocket... I'll also wear my treo in my pocket while wearing jeans.... I never did like my jeans tight... men with tight jeans look kinda odd to me... or should I say "I" look odd in tight jeans.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    My Treo is surgically implanted to my head. Lately, however, I am trying to adjust and adapt to a bluetooth headset (have the Jabra here) as the laws in California for driving and talking are going to change soon. I figured I should adapt before I get ticketed. That being said, when I am out and about, it's in the vertical Palm branded leather holster. If I am in the car, then it's in the passenger seat next to me, unless I am transporting a passenger.
    Company phone and Treo in horizontal pouch all on my belt at work...all I need is a gun and holster to hang with Luke and Han.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Whether i'm in my jeans, shorts, suit or working out:
    in my front pocket or in Palm branded leather holster on my right side...
    ~fredp

T3 > Treo650-VZW Custom ROM Transcend 8GB SDHC >> 755p-Sprint/SERO Transcend 4GB SDHC
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    The tone still. Ben
    What tone? I think it's your reading of it.
    Last edited by ojleblanc; 02/18/2007 at 10:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    Ojleblanc, what part of "gents only" is difficult to understand?
    First, I did not respond to your poll (as you requested), so the results are not "contaminated" by my reply.

Second, since when do people around here get so bent out of shape over nothing. I merely suggested (how dare I?) that women *could* have contributed meaningful information to the thread if they faced the same issue of how to carry their Treo if they do not use a purse.

Third, your "what part of 'gents only' is difficult to understand" tells me that you do not understand that anyone can respond in a public forum. There are hundreds of thousands of threads here and elsewhere that have received replies from people whom the original poster may not have wanted to hear from. I expressed an idea, while at the same time respecting your wish that only men respond to your poll. That's reasonable.
    Last edited by ojleblanc; 02/18/2007 at 11:00 PM.
    oalvarez, seeing how many responses you had, it would be interesting to take this poll to somewhere like Qusers.com and see if your results correlate with anything.

Surur
  10.    #50  
    it could be said that many people (almost 1/2 of the respondents) don't think their Treos are heavy because they're carried on their belts. then the question becomes do they carry them on their belts (in a case/pouch) because they are too heavy in pocket.

yes Surur, i agree with you. it would be interesting to see how the answers change given the less weight of the Moto Q/BlackJack

thanks for the replies!
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Oalvarez, I think you're trying to figure out why many people don't think their treos are to big, right? I believe it has more to do with device history. I'm willing to bet that most of us who were "classic" pda + cell phone users before tend to not think the Treo is too hefty while those that come from a phone only background may be more apt to scoff at the treo's size. I for one enjoy both (BJ and Treo) and don't see the 750 as the behemoth that you seem too.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    BTW, my carrying habit is the same for both, sometimes belt holster and sometimes pocket depending on situation.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl View Post
    Oalvarez, I think you're trying to figure out why many people don't think their treos are to big, right? I believe it has more to do with device history. I'm willing to bet that most of us who were "classic" pda + cell phone users before tend to not think the Treo is too hefty while those that come from a phone only background may be more apt to scoff at the treo's size. I for one enjoy both (BJ and Treo) and don't see the 750 as the behemoth that you seem too.

A very good point. I was carrying a Palm Tungsten T3 and a Sony Ericsson Bluetooth phone on my hip prior to my purchase of the Treo 650 and now the Treo 700P. So "one" is so much lighter than 2 and the necessary adapters. And when you add "iPod" to the mix -- there is a 3rd item I do not have to carry. . . . . . . so size is definitely in the "eyes" of the beholder.

For me -- before they start making it smaller -- the need to put a 12 hour battery, GPS, 4GB/8GB of memory, a Bose speaker, and a video card in it -- then they can start making it smaller. . . . .

Cheers, Perry.

(I can also see where previous "phone only" folks would scoff at the apparent size of the Treo.)
    Carry mine clipped to my belt in the Seidio TR750AS holster.. bought a pouch case too (before I found the holster) and it now stores my extended battery / battery cover ...

mG
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl View Post
    perhaps you should start a poll of your own

for me, the Treos are heavy and large in pocket.
    Pants pocket probably, but what about jacket pockets? The new ones seem to be OK for that.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  17.    #57  
    ^well, as the poll indicates, not many wear them in their jacket pockets as a good percentage of respondents probably don't wear a jacket on a daily basis (i am in that camp).
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I carry mine in the front left pocket of my slacks(work) or jeans(any other time). I do have a screen protector and am careful to keep my keys (and anything else for that matter) in my other pocket. If I'm wearing a jacket I'll occasionally keep it in the inside pocket.
    Poll taken at EverythingQ. Apparently most users don't understand what a poll is as the thread has 800 views and only 32 votes.

Anyway, findings could be considered statistically irrelevant due to the low amount of votes, but they indicate that belt-clipping for Qs is very much in the minority compared to pocketing:

Pouch________________________2____6%
    Side Holdster/belt clip___________9____28%
    shirt/coat pocket_______________7____22%
    front pocket___________________18___56%
    back pocket___________________4____12%
    Last edited by g-funkster; 03/23/2007 at 08:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I use a Treo 650 hardcase made by Vaja, usually with the belt clip. On days the belt clip and my sides don't get along, I just clip it on my pocket. The clip is rather strong and rarely opens, so I know I'm safe.

When I'm wearing nice pants, a shirt and a tie, it is always in the belt. When I'm wearing nice suit it is in my breastpocket. The Treo 650 is way to be big to be stored in a jean pocket. This is not the Razr, though sometimes I wish it could be!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast