View Poll Results: How do you carry your Treo?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • In a case attached to your belt

52 44.83%
  • In your hand

0 0%
  • In your trouser pocket

48 41.38%
  • In your jacket pocket

16 13.79%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I use a siedio hybrid case and holdster (on my belt), before seidio silicone case (on my belt),
    mostly on my belt. Occasionally, in my suit jacket, when I have meetings.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    I am honestly not suprised that you're not getting the answer you're looking for so far, O. I wear a suit every day. I like the size of the Treo. Many of the attorneys I work with and against have either Treos or similarly sized BlackBerrys. From what I've seen, many of them carry them in their trouser or jacket pockets. I've carried thinner devices, the Q, for example- I don't like how it feels in my hand. It doesn't feel that much smaller in my pocket. I can see some people wanting a much thinner device. But not everyone does. I don't- and I carry it in my pocket.
    i am getting exactly the answer that i'm looking for. many users wear their Treos on their belt (pouch) which makes them almost non-existant in terms of "felt" weightiness." regardless, thanks for your reply. my Treos past have all felt like a heavy weight in any suit/trouser pocket. jacket pockets don't count. perhaps your attorney/legal-ize acquaintances use more heavy (less tropical weight) wool trousers than i. i personally can't stand the weightiness of the Treo in my suit trouser pockets. thanks again for your reply.

regards
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    i am getting exactly the answer that i'm looking for. many users wear their Treos on their belt (pouch) which makes them almost non-existant in terms of "felt" weightiness." regardless, thanks for your reply. my Treos past have all felt like a heavy weight in any suit/trouser pocket. jacket pockets don't count. perhaps your attorney/legal-ize acquaintances use more heavy (less tropical weight) wool trousers than i. i personally can't stand the weightiness of the Treo in my suit trouser pockets. thanks again for your reply.

regards
    My Treo feels similarly to my wallet, in my front pocket (not the one with the keys, of course). So, if my wallet's not there AND I'm not wearing jeans (which make it too difficult to withdraw), I don't mind carrying the Treo in the left, front pocket.

Although, as I've said, I'll carry it in my jacket pocket, at times, I'm still concerned that I'll accidentally toss my jacket over my arm and the Treo will be flung onto the floor or something.

I'm amazed that anyone ever carries it in their jeans' back pocket. I sit down too often for that.

Scary.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Depends on what I'm wearing.

If wearing a suit, I'll put it in a pocket (sans case).
    If wearing jeans, I'll put it on my belt.
    If at a social function, it depends on if I want anyone to know I'm carrying it: pocket vs. belt.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I keep it in an open face case from Smartphone Experts. Occasionally I'll put it on my belt, but usually it's in a carptenter pants pocket or in my bag. When travelling it's in my inside jacket pocket.
    I hate having stuff hanging on my belt. That's the thing that attracted me to the treo in the first place - one device, on pocket.

I wear dress slacks to work every day, and don't have an issue with the size or bulk of the phone at all. No issue when I wear jeans, either.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    When I'm wearing a suit (which is 4/5 of the time) it's in my jacket's breast pocket. No way is it too bulky for me. Otherwise it's on my hip in a Nutshell.
    During the week I wear a shirt and tie not a suit so it sits in a rubberized hard plastic skin case with a flip piece of plastic to protect the screen.

If Im wearing jeans then its in my Palm branded hard case on my belt.

That is until I find my mecca or pinnacle of a case/holster combo.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    jeans front pocket, it's not a big enough bulge to make a difference, when i wear a sportcoat it goes in the inside pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by ojleblanc View Post
    Given that "in purse" is not an option to select in your poll, you've already prevented women (and men) who carry their Treos in a purse/man bag from replying. Therefore, without explicitly excluding all women from the rest of your message, you *may* have gotten contributions from women, including professional women, who carry their Treos differently. Oh well...
    I agree that not everyone uses a purse. I've seen women carry phones in their jacket pockets.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Frankly I do not see where he was shorting anyone. He was looking for a specific response area. Taking offense as you have done is not good.

Ben

Given that "in purse" is not an option to select in your poll, you've already prevented women (and men) who carry their Treos in a purse/man bag from replying. Therefore, without explicitly excluding all women from the rest of your message, you *may* have gotten contributions from women, including professional women, who carry their Treos differently. Oh well...
    I think it was the assumption that just about all women put their Treos in their purse is what she means.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    The tone still. However, my supervisor, a female 1/2 my age does not carry a purse. My wife of 27 years does not carry a purse. Both place their phones (wife 650 & supervisor BB pearl) on their belt.

Ben
    It's in a flexi-skin and then a leather pouch on my belt.
    Not sure how to respond to the poll as I am often asked - "Is that a Treo in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"
    -g-
    -g-

Treo 300-650-755P, Contract ends 11/30/07. SERO F&F 1250, The following are unlimited: N&W (7PM), Mobile to Home (M2H), Free Incoming, Vision Data, Text Messages for $49.99 - Plus Sprint AIRAVE @ N/C.
  16.    #36  

Ojleblanc, what part of "gents only" is difficult to understand?

Diva, i didn't say "everyone"

do i care if a woman answered? no. do i care if the data or responses are statistically insignificant? not really. it's a poll on a website and almost impossible to control.

thanks for your concern though!
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    I can't leave home without my Treo , camera , bluetooth , gps , wallet , coin-purse , knife , flashlight , a pen , small pad , and my pills ! I need a Purse ! So I use a multi pocket hip pack . I love straping it on in the morning and taking it off at night ! Yes I am happy to see you !
    am a trouser pocket guy. But with my gadget situation getting out of control, I am going to be trying one of these scottevest pants
    http://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/h...goshorts.shtml
    if i have a jacket or coat then in that. otherwise, in my trouser pocket - front for work trousers back for jeans. occassionally in my hand.
    In my pocket. Pants or jacket. I hate having things hanging from my belt.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast