Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For those of you who are using the 4Smartphone Exchange server-for-hire:

Is anyone having issues lately? During cradling my phones are giving me "Server busy" errors. This started last month but has been getting more frequent. I'm wondering if they have exceeded their capacity.

(If nobody else is having this issue I'll assume it's me ...)
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    yes. i have the same problems right now. just started to day. i thought it was just me. i did a hard reset and still have it. good thing i have a backup to where i was. i love backups.

has anyone contacted 4smartphone?

please post any findings.

thanks, cody
    you know... i just started getting the "server busy" deal today. altho the last 2 weeks things have been strange. sent messages setting in outbox. not starting to send when i hit send, ect. i dont know if it is 4smartphone totally. my pc seems to have no problems. it's just the mobile part.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    you know... i just started getting the "server busy" deal today. altho the last 2 weeks things have been strange. sent messages setting in outbox. not starting to send when i hit send, ect. i dont know if it is 4smartphone totally. my pc seems to have no problems. it's just the mobile part.
    I'm getting dropped connections on my desktop PC as well. Basically Outlook loses connectivity to 4smartphone's servers. It eventually comes back.

I'm thinking that this isn't unrelated to the problem with the mobile device.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Got this from 4smartphone this afternoon...

We appologize for the drop in server performance you are experiencing today.

One of our servers had a hard disk failure and had to be replaced. While there has been no service interruption, the drive redundancy rebuilding process takes away some of the processing power of that server and it affects the users that happens to be hosted on it. It slows down the performance of OWA, and it delays the large emails.

Because we do not stop the server, the rebuild process will take hours, but everything should be back to normal by late today, early tomorrow.

Again, we appologize for the inconvenience
  6.    #6  
    Good information .... thanks.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    myself and 2 others have been experiencing some problems with 4smartphone. the original thread is here... http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=136787

if you have been having trouble as well, please see this post. please reply with ... how long, what kind of problems, and any response from 4smartphone support you have received.

thanks, cody
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I haven't noticed any degradation in my service. Strange.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    have you guys every had a problem with 4smartphone where you have 1 blank email at the top of your inbox that will not go away? The only way to get it to go away for a few days is to drop the sync and then resync but then it shows up again.
    I was on my trial... Been having problems with 4smartphone for a few days. Switched to fastmail/vgs mail, and it looks promising.
    yup...i've been seeing issues over the past 1-2 weeks I would say....just slower responses times for receiving emails...server busy messages, as well as the website outlook being extremely slow....
  12.    #12  
    - No problems with blank e-mails. Sounds annoying as all get out though. It may be a corrupted database. Report it and when they finish fixing the hard drive problem they can look into it for you.

- Switching to another provider would work, except that 4SmartPhone bills you for a year ahead of time. Since I don't want to go through the hassle of getting a refund I'll wait and see how this plays out. I know that they are promoted endlessly on MobilityToday and MobileTechRoundup (podcasts) so as I alluded to before it is possible that the capacity has gotten away from them. If this doesn't become resolved in another week or two then even I'll be switching.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    myself and 2 others have been experiencing some problems with 4smartphone. the original thread is here... http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=136787

if you have been having trouble as well, please see this post. please reply with ... how long, what kind of problems, and any response from 4smartphone support you have received.

thanks, cody
    Double check your Activesync settings. 4smartphone has been working perfectly for my wife and her Sprint Q. Also no problems with the Exchange setup in Outlook 2003 either.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo View Post
    Double check your Activesync settings. 4smartphone has been working perfectly for my wife and her Sprint Q. Also no problems with the Exchange setup in Outlook 2003 either.
    What about our active sync settings would you have us check? I mean it was working..now we're getting server busy messages. and 30 min delays. and that is with as items arrived selected. What else is there? either its configured or its not.
    Understand where you are coming from. AFAIC, there is no good reliable push email provider at this point. Hence the 'chatter' for a good imap software solution. Hopefully more ppl will jump on the VGSmail bandwagon so perhaps the developer will tweak it somemore. having said that, it works pretty dang well right now.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    It's just really strange that some are experiencing issues while others aren't. Are the delays in receiving email on your phone or on your PC or both?
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    I have been having issues since yesterday. Spotty connection, etc. Now this morning I have not been able to connet at all - I keep getting a "server is busy" error. 4Smartphone replied to my inquiry within an hour today with the following:

Thank you for using 4SmartPhone. Indeed, in 4SmartPhone's history, this is the first time we have had a drop in server performance that you have been experiencing today and yesterday.

Although our tech teams work very hard in making sure such isses do not happen, unfortunately, one of our servers DID have a hard disk failure yesterday; immediately thereafter, our team worked diligently to replaced what was one of our newest disks with another one.

While there has been no service interruption, the drive redundancy rebuilding process does take away some of the bandwidth of that server and as a result this procedure affects the users that happen to be hosted on it. Hence, it slows down the speed of synchronization, the performance of OWA, and it delays primarily large emails.

Because we do not stop the server, such an approach would be ever more frustrating for all involved, the rebuilding of the process unfortunately take shours, but we are very confident that everything will be back to normal by late this evening. There IS a team that is following this again today, very closely to ensure its successful rebuild.

Again, we sincerely appologize for the inconvenience.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if necessary. Thank you for using 4SmartPhone.

Best regards,

The 4SmartPhone Team

Hopefully this gets resolved quick. For now, my primary work and personal email accounts I have set up on my 700w as POP3 accounts and I changed the polling times from zero to check every 15 minutes. That will keep me connected temporarily until the issue gets fixed.
    I just posted this reply in cody's linked post, but I figured I'd post here also.

I have been having issues since yesterday. Spotty connection, etc. Now this morning I have not been able to connet at all - I keep getting a "server is busy" error. 4Smartphone replied to my inquiry within an hour today with the following:

Thank you for using 4SmartPhone. Indeed, in 4SmartPhone's history, this is the first time we have had a drop in server performance that you have been experiencing today and yesterday.

Although our tech teams work very hard in making sure such isses do not happen, unfortunately, one of our servers DID have a hard disk failure yesterday; immediately thereafter, our team worked diligently to replaced what was one of our newest disks with another one.

While there has been no service interruption, the drive redundancy rebuilding process does take away some of the bandwidth of that server and as a result this procedure affects the users that happen to be hosted on it. Hence, it slows down the speed of synchronization, the performance of OWA, and it delays primarily large emails.

Because we do not stop the server, such an approach would be ever more frustrating for all involved, the rebuilding of the process unfortunately take shours, but we are very confident that everything will be back to normal by late this evening. There IS a team that is following this again today, very closely to ensure its successful rebuild.

Again, we sincerely appologize for the inconvenience.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if necessary. Thank you for using 4SmartPhone.

Best regards,

The 4SmartPhone Team

Hopefully this gets resolved quick. For now, my primary work and personal email accounts I also have set up on my 700w as POP3 accounts and I changed the polling times from zero to check every 15 minutes. That will keep me connected temporarily until the issue gets fixed.

Fingers crossed,

Russ
    I would't start dogging on 4smartphone quite yet. I have used them for over a year now and have never had a problem before now. things break. that's life man.

when some of us started noticing problem a week or two ago could have been when thay started have problems with there hard disk, or what ever thay called it. thay have found a problem and are fixing it. quick replies from tech support is a plus in my book. just give them some time.

the temporary fix, like stated above, is to just setup you accounts in the regular pocket oulook for now.

i'm just glad it not just me and that 4smartphone knows and are fixing the problem.

thanks for everyones replies, cody
  20.    #20  
    Assuming that the reduction in service over the past few weeks has been the hard disk "failing" I'd like to think that they should have caught this earlier. But hey ... they know what it is now. Let's see if they get it back to the usual service levels during this week.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast