Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    They issued my remaining refund immediately; didn't even send me a separate thank you for being with us message or anything. I just received a notice from PayPal stating that I have a $48.93 refund. Here's the message:

Dear Mr. Wilson,
    as per your request, a refund has been sent for the used months of September through to February and the cancellation fee has been waived.
    Regards,
    The 4SmartPhone Team
    I take it back; an email did just arrive:

A refund has been sent to you as per your request. We can only tell you that our staff works and continues to work hard to avoid such situations and always have at heart the clients in mind. We nevertheless respect your request. Wishing you continued success.

Regards,

The 4SmartPhone Team
  3.    #103  
    I *will* be cancelling once they get all my e-mail back online. They managed to backlevel my contacts to some point before the crash.

A few things I noticed from their recent communication:

1) I have no idea why they feel that Exchange 2007 will solve their problems. We've run businesses on Exchange 2003 (and earlier) for years that have never had a multi-day crash recovery. (One that's still not fully recovered mind you.)

2) They claim to be taking steps to ensure that this never happens again. Well ... they said the same thing last time this happened. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice ... shame on me.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01 View Post
    2) They claim to be taking steps to ensure that this never happens again. Well ... they said the same thing last time this happened. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice ... shame on me.
    Remember when George Bush tried to say that? http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...04025700373400

Anyway, you're right. I'm trying to get people here to see that we've been duped. They ARE NOT a certified Partner with Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/serviceprov...s/catalog.aspx We should never have even given these fools business to begin with, and they know it. From now on guys, if they aren't on that list, don't deal with them. Personally, I'd pay the extra couple bucks/month to deal with a Gold Certified Partner. Don't you want the best?
    I've been content with Exchange My Mail's hosting plan.. I had it for my Blackberry and now with my Treo.. Gave it up for the Blackberry because Gmail met my requirements ... Support is first-rate as well..

mG
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo View Post
    You must've not been around for the Dec 06 fastmail crash where service was down for over 1 week. I switched to fusemail for my treo.
    Nope... was trying out mail2web & 4smartphone In anycase, all uses are replicated on all servers now, and with imap idle, it is consistantly faster/more reliable then these other two providers (knock on wood). Plus $20/year is pretty sweet
    I was able to archive some of my users over the weekend but not all. I have to wait until they restore the sent folders for 2 users before I cancel. During the Feb 14-15 outage I got the distinct impression that they weren't professional - the letter that went out this time convinces me that high school kids are running their backend servers. Why can most other services run Exchange 2003 with remarkable uptime - I know because I have clients on other Exchange hosts. Announcing at this time they are going to a new Microsoft version probably doesn't reassure even the most naive pc user. Why did I go with 4smartphone? I thought their sign up and startup procedure was well thought out, they offered more storage and their rate was 1/2 what the other Exchange hosts charge. I'm not surprised to read here that no one can find any indication they are Microsoft certified. Microsoft should look into this - its an undeserved black eye to Exchange 2003
    Here's another tidbit about 4smartphone that I think everyone should be aware of. I am not sure if they are adequately protecting emails with active virus scanning. The reason I state this is because in the past, I have tested sending several different variations (compressed, different file extension, etc.) of the EICAR test virus to my 4smartphone Exchange account, and it has never once been caught by their "virus scanning." For those of you who aren't aware, the EICAR test virus is basically just that...a file that is used by most of the industry to test whether or not virus scanning is working and enabled. For more information, simply Google EICAR to find out loads about it. 4smartphone's response was basically to ignore me and tell me that they were satisfied with their virus scanning, but if I wanted to follow up, I could contact their anti-virus solution vendor: Barracuda Networks. I proceeded to call up Barracuda Networks (I have the name of the person I spoke with and her #) and they confirmed that all of their anti-virus solutions should catch the EICAR test virus. Of course, when I sent this info back to 4smartphone, they once again ignored me. Therefore, if 4smartphone is using their Barracuda Networks product correctly, it should be catching the EICAR test virus. This leads me to believe that they aren't using it correctly or at all, and are thereby placing many users at risk of infection. Who knows...maybe this is why their systems crashed this past weekend...a virus infection.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    Nope... was trying out mail2web & 4smartphone In anycase, all uses are replicated on all servers now, and with imap idle, it is consistantly faster/more reliable then these other two providers (knock on wood). Plus $20/year is pretty sweet
    I switched to fusemail. I am paying $60 but the service has been great. I will keep fastmail around as a backup. You should have seen the users forum back in Dec 06 - OUCH!
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    Anyone have any info one way or another about Sherweb? The pricing seems pretty comparable to 4smartphone, and it looks like they give you a lot too (1.25 GB, etc.)? Any pro's/con's or opinion's/review's? Thanks!
    After speaking with users who have been with them for years I decided to move over to Mailstreet. They are much more professional than 4smartphone. Their website has good information about their infrastructure, certifications of techs etc.
    I signed up with Sherweb this morning and cancelled it tonight. I thought it was working fine today, until I came home and checked my email via IMAP email (on my webhost server) and found that I was missing quite a few emails that never got "pushed" to the exchange server.

They don't have after hours support either, despite their 24/7 support claims.

Quote Originally Posted by mbressman View Post
    Anyone have any info one way or another about Sherweb? The pricing seems pretty comparable to 4smartphone, and it looks like they give you a lot too (1.25 GB, etc.)? Any pro's/con's or opinion's/review's? Thanks!
    go this from 4smartphone a few hours ago...

The backups have been restored and merging will start momentarily.

1- Only your old information is now visible online.

3- All your "new" information everything from Saturday to now has disappear temporarily

4- The merging process is on-going, gradually all "new" information will appear in your online mailbox.

5- Once the process is finished, just close Outlook and it will resume operation normally.

We have worked around the clock for this process take place. We are very sorry about the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

i started the process a bout an hour ago and still just have the old messages. no message from satuday on. lol.
    This is what I got at 11pm last night:

Thank you for using 4smartPhone and for your patience.

Because of the nature of the outage on one server which required us to go back to an earlier backup, we have used a "dialtone" restore technique which allows to restore email flow quickly, while we restore the rest of your mailbox (including contacts, calendar, tasks, and email folders) later in a separate process.

Nothing has been lost, and it will all bemerged back into your mailbox, however as we have hundreds of large mailboxes to restore, we estimate that this process will take another 48 hours to complete.

Pro and Enterprise users still do have full access to their mailbox content through Outlook by switching to offline mode (File>Work Offline).

If you sync your device however, just like for Outlook, your contacts and calendar will Temporarily disappear but they will resynch when the restore process is completed for your mailbox.

Once again, we appologize for the inconvenience that this is causing.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if necessary.

Best regards,

The 4SmartPhone Team
    wow, never got that one. did you get the one aobut the free month of service?
    Now that their servers are back I have 2 entries for each contact and calendar event. Does anyone know if this will be corrected or should i hard reset and resync?

I currently sync with activesync and occasionally do a usb sync to outlook for backup.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    wow, never got that one. did you get the one aobut the free month of service?
    I did get the one about the free month and I received this one last night...still talking about 48 hours!

Thank you for using 4smartPhone and for your continued patience.
    You are receiving this email because your mailbox is in the last remaining database store to recover (we have completed 3 out of 4 total) and that process has started.

Because of the nature of the outage on one server which required us to go back to an earlier backup, we have used a "dialtone" restore technique which allows to restore email flow quickly, while we are restoring the rest of your mailbox (including contacts, calendar, tasks, and old email folders) over a longer period of time. Nothing has been lost, and it will all be merged back into your mailbox, however as we have hundreds of large mailboxes to restore, we estimate that this process will take up to another 48 hours to complete.

When approaching the end of the process, you will receive another notification/update email just before we make your entire old mailbox available, process that will be followed by the automatic merge of everything you changed since last Saturday.

Once again, we appologize for the inconvenience that this is causing.

Best regards

The 4SmartPhone "Recovery" Team
    FWIW, I received the same message last night as Eki. I only have new emails since Sat. and Activesync is hit or miss when attempting to connect to their exchange server. Most of the time a soft reset corrects it. I will continue to try to be patient. This is the second strike, hopefully there won't be a third.

Russ
    Jornada 548; Jornada 568; Treo 600; Treo 700w; Treo 700wx (vzw)
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Anyone using The Message Center?
    Any feedback on their service?
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith View Post
    Anyone using The Message Center?
    Any feedback on their service?
    I was using them, and wanted to search around for something else, they are a great company, unfortunately i have to wait 90 days to go back with them, which we'll have to wait and see about, best price for GOODMOBILE, and if you have a BB too, plus no activations fees, I was going back and forth with my 680 and a BB 8700 to see which I liked better with the service.

the only thing I don't like about them is they won't take me back for another 70 days or so! but that's my dumb fault
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast