Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    That e-mail was horrific at best.

Yes, you can forward Yahoo -> Gmail (who will archive AND forward) --> (Exchange host). I do just that. (Along with my .mac account).

GMail is really nothing more than an archiving tool for me at this point.

I'm done too. Refund or not. What these outages cost me more than pay for whatever I lose on the annual subscription.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Dude, that is the nastiest email response that I have ever seen. I can only imagine seeing more of those after this weekend. I'm requesting a full refund as well; I hate these guys. Even if Mail2web ultimately doesn't work out (which I don't believe will happen; they are a top Gold company), there is no way I'm going back to 4smartphone. Their attitude sucks. Email is some people's entire livelihood and business and I know I've lost some very important ones, or at least, I can't get to them now.

For those apologists that want to give them the benefit of a doubt, you're like a horse in a race with its blinders on. Look at their customer service this weekend. Telling people not to email tickets, not to ask what's going on. What the heck is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01 View Post
    I'm done too. Refund or not. What these outages cost me more than pay for whatever I lose on the annual subscription.
    Make sure that you get your emails before cancelling. I was about to email them now to cancel, but since they aren't responding anyway, I thought it best to wait and once I grab my emails, I'm out of there, and yes, I will be demanding a refund, but that won't keep me from leaving; I've already left.
    Good to see that I'm not out of my mind when I think that an email like that from a company that I pay is utterly ridiculous! And I definitely plan to switch over to the Yahoo -> Gmail -> Exchange hosting provider plan (for future redundancy). And I also definitely am beginning to shop around for another Exchange hosting provider. At this point, the three that seem to be jumping out at me as potentials are mailstreet, mail2web, and 1&1.

I'm also happy that I have an OST copy of all my Outlook data and that I leave Outlook running usually on my machine (so that my OST copy contains all my most recent changes). I'm backing that up right now just in case 4smartphone never comes back up...

Of course, if they don't come back up (or even if they do), I still think that there is cause for action against the company...
    A class action may be a bit far reaching. Those things never benefit the consumers; they benefit the lawyers. A better way is this bad publicity. This is killing them, along with the cancellations that are forthcoming. Our society is too litigious; doing a bad media campaign is much more effective.

If they don't have this up by tomorrow, they are done. Monday mornings are usually the heaviest for email, and if thousands of people can't access their email, man....
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    A class action may be a bit far reaching. Those things never benefit the consumers; they benefit the lawyers. A better way is this bad publicity. This is killing them, along with the cancellations that are forthcoming. Our society is too litigious; doing a bad media campaign is much more effective.
    True...I just want to see them suffer some negative consequences as a result of their terrible customer service and obviously terrible service in general...maybe a 4smartphonesux.com web site
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Actually 99.9% uptime isn't very good if you do the math over 365 days. 99.99% is much better.

99.9% uptime = 8.76 hours per year

http://www.touchstonehosting.com/art...-good-idea.htm
    That's still a ton better than we are dealing with 4smartphone now.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbressman View Post
    True...I just want to see them suffer some negative consequences as a result of their terrible customer service and obviously terrible service in general...maybe a 4smartphonesux.com web site
    I don't know if you have a blog or not, but if so, consider posting your email there. Google Blog Search is pulling all of these stories about 4smartphone so the word is spreading super fast. I posted a link to your post in the Howards Forum which I saw on Google Blog Search (a forum in a blog search, go figure). Word needs to get out on these bad people.

I know they will come back with something like, 1 free month extension, etc. Do not let that sway you. I'm already gone!
    99% - 5256 Min/Yr or 87.6 Hours/Yr 438 Min/Month or 7.3 Hours/Month

99.5% - 2628 Min/Yr or 43.8 Hours/Yr 219 Min/Month or 3.65 Hours/Month

99.9% - 525.6 Min/Yr or 8.76 Hours/Yr 43.8 Min/Month or .73 Hours/Month

99.95% - 262.8 Min/Yr or 4.38 Hours/Yr 21.9 Min/Month or .365 Hours/Month

99.99% - 52.56 Min/Yr or .876 Hours/Yr 4.38 Min/Month or .073 Hours/Month

As you can see that while 99% uptime sounds like a lot, it actually allows for the host to have over 7 hours of downtime per month, or a whopping 87.6 hours per year. Your host could be down for over 3 Ѕ days over the course of a year and still hit their target of 99% uptime. As you go to 99.5% and 99.9%, it gets much better, and with 99.95% and 99.99% you would have little or no downtime.

We are well past the 7 hours/month allotment.
    I tried to check out 1&1 but they didn't accept my account. Some type of authentication they do failed for some reason but there's nobody to call. Just what I need.

Then I tried to sign up for Sherweb. I needed to ask some questions but nobody available on the weekends. Just what I need.

So here I am seriously thinking I should try mail2web again if they can in fact get me back up and running this weekend before Monday. If they have people on site and available for a phone call or chat, that's just what I might do.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    GREAT post mbressman! I called and left a voicemail for them as well.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Still down. 44 Hours with no access and no updates via email or phone call.

At this point, I have no expectation of their service other than they eventually get back up so I can get my mail and switch to a new provider. I also will be expecting a full refund for service.

Shame too. If they had at least UPDATED me regularly with status, this would probaby not be the case.
    UP AND RUNNING. Plus they offered a free month. They claim to be upgrading to Exchange 07 which should solve some of these outage problems. I threatened to cancel and they said they would refund without charging the cancellation fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleLee View Post
    UP AND RUNNING. Plus they offered a free month. They claim to be upgrading to Exchange 07 which should solve some of these outage problems. I threatened to cancel and they said they would refund without charging the cancellation fee.
    Thanks for the update. I'm still cancelling. Didn't I say that they would offer a free month?
    I'm still cancelling as well...they're not really fully "up" yet...I'm missing everything in my mailbox! All I have is the past two days worth of emails...
    i still cant sync contacts, calendar, or tasks. plus all email is just new email. all old and saved email are gone. for now anyway. i emailed them and told them i wasn't happy with just a month free. plus a little more like about how many other people i know that have left 4smartphne this weekend due to there second long outage in 5 weeks. we'll see what thay say.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i still cant sync contacts, calendar, or tasks. plus all email is just new email. all old and saved email are gone. for now anyway. i emailed them and told them i wasn't happy with just a month free. plus a little more like about how many other people i know that have left 4smartphne this weekend due to there second long outage in 5 weeks. we'll see what thay say.
    Why even give them another chance? It isn't like the old days where you only had one company so you just had to deal with it. There are tons others that can do a much better job, and they are Gold Certified with Microsoft. I know I mention that a lot, but that makes a BIG difference in the quality. There is nothing to indicate that 4smartphone is certified at all; nothing on their site or on the Micosoft database site.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsteinschneider View Post
    I heard about 4smartphone from jkontherun, an excellent blog that follows mobile computing and tablet pc hardware/software run by James Kendrick and Kevin Tofel. James has been on Mailstreet for several years and says the service and support are first rate. Its more expensive than 4smartphone. Kevin has been using 4smartphone and hasn't been affected by the outages. When I read about his experiences last fall and couldn't find any negative discussions regarding the service I decided to give it a try. I've put 4 users on it, they are recruiters and can't tolerate any outage so I promised them after the Feb 14-15 outage I would move them if it happened again so Monday they are going to either Mailstreet or USA.NET. I have 30 users on USA.NET, I chose them because they support BES, service has been excellent. They are also more expensive.
    The price on the mailstreet website for "Wireless ActiveSync for Windows Mobile Devices" is $2.00 a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    Why even give them another chance? It isn't like the old days where you only had one company so you just had to deal with it. There are tons others that can do a much better job, and they are Gold Certified with Microsoft. I know I mention that a lot, but that makes a BIG difference in the quality. There is nothing to indicate that 4smartphone is certified at all; nothing on their site or on the Micosoft database site.
    i know. since i only use it for personal use and since i have already paid for the year, i will finish my contract. it is over in april well may now.

as far as i can see with mail to web to give me push sync email, contacts, calendar, and task, and give me email sub folders like saved and sent messages i will be paying like $9 bucks a month. i only pay $7 bucks a month now. plus i dont know for sure that mail 2 web does what i just said. there site is a little confusing to me. it's only $2 bucks difference if it does what i think. otherwise the nest one up is $15 bucks a month which is to much for just a personal account.
    Quote Originally Posted by eki View Post
    The price on the mailstreet website for "Wireless ActiveSync for Windows Mobile Devices" is $2.00 a month.
    Here are their pricing plans for exchange: http://www.mailstreet.com/exchange/pricing.asp

They are too expensive for what they offer. 100MB box? Yeah, they have a promotion for an extra 200MB, so you get 300MB.

They have the same 99.5% uptime guarantee that Mail2web but Mail2web offers more, especially the 60MB attachments; that's cool!

We report, you decide.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast