Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I my friend and not so forgiving. I want a refund of $.13 per day for my lost service

if they dont have it fixed by monday I will be looking into new providers and if it happens again within a 2 week period I am gone.

I cannot afford to not have email access as I use it for business. I would be willing to pay extra for VERY reliable service.
  2.    #62  
    I havd just about had it also. however: what are the alternatives?
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    all good here agian. it took a couple of days, but i'm back to normal. i have a feeling that everyone should be fixed as well. things started looking good about 6 pm last night. this morning everything is perfect.

thanks, 4 smartphone... happy agian.

cody
    Cody,

Same here on the east coast (MA). I finally feel comfortable shutting off the 15 minute polling on my accounts I always keep set up as POP3 for just such occasions. 4smartphone has been pretty responsive to all my emails during this past week. I'm sticking with them.

Russ
    still no workie
  6.    #66  
    now I have absolutely no connection to the server. my last sync was 5pm and it's now 11:14pm. this blows. I might have mail and not even know it.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    I do Exchange 2003 admin work for small firms (running on Windows 2003 SBS). I've also put small firms on several Exchange Hosting services. The reason only some of you experienced the issue is that 4smartphone probably has different servers (server clusters) and just one of them had the issue.

A RAID array failure shouldn't have impacted performance over such a long period for a commercial Exchange Hosting service. As noted in this thread minor problems began several weeks ago leading to what essentially was a work day of outage. My Exchange Systems send me alerts by email if one of the disks in an array fails. Our server load is light but if I had a heavier one I would use Neverfail or a cluster to prevent service outage.

Perhaps the $144 per year for USA.NET versus $80 for 4smartphone is to pay for the redundancy? I put one small company on 4smartphone about 4 months ago and they weren't happy about the problems. We are on a two strikes basis with 4smartphone. If it happens again I will immediately move them over to Mailstreet or USA.NET.

I agree that it was good of them to send out the explanation but I spent 24 hours before that chasing them down by email support to find out what was going on. They need to set up an alert system for customers admins so we know whats happening.

Doug
    4SmartPhones service has been too inconsistent, slow syncs, emails don't arrive timely, etc. Too unreliable in general. Also, their customer service is just downright nasty! I have switched to mail2web personal. Seems to be quicker on syncs and I have not experienced any service loss. It's a little more expensive, but the reliability is there. You can also select a custom From/Reply to (you can't do that with 4SP).

The only thing that I have noticed is slightly delayed outgoing mail. It might be a spam filter issue thing.

Give mail2web personal exchange a try!
    They've been down since 10pm last night with no returned calls and no replies to tickets that have been opened. It's nearly noon on the east coast and I still can't get my email.

Another thing they are terrible for is slow outlook web access. Sometimes it takes 1 to 2 minutes for me to go from message to message.

I am currently shopping a new provider. Hope this helps someone.
    As with above poster I am going to move all my users off 4smartphone - its just not a business class service. They should respond to issues like this in at least one hour. I've submitted my ticket and called over two hours ago.
    This is from their website:

4SmartPhone is experiencing technical difficulties. This is causing inflated loads on some of the machines, as a result making our website unresponsive.

Our technical personnel are diligently working towards resolving this issue. Due to these issues, the 4SmartPhone website will be temporarily unavailable.

We are well aware of the situation and so we ask you to not send an email to support. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We will keep all of you updated as often as we can.

That still doesn't give me any comfort; My email has been down since 9:43pm CST yesterday.
    If you all find a reliable service, please let me know, and let me know how move all of my saved folders in Outlook over in an easy way. This is ridiculous.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Weird, mine is working fine but my wife's is down.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    For all those looking for reliable email, may I suggest fastmail .fm in conjunction with the newest beta of flexmail 2007. It is by far more reliable than 4smartphone and mail2web.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    For all those looking for reliable email, may I suggest fastmail .fm in conjunction with the newest beta of flexmail 2007. It is by far more reliable than 4smartphone and mail2web.
    Does it offer OWA? Do you have to you an email addy that they assign you? What is the PST limit?
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    You must've not been around for the Dec 06 fastmail crash where service was down for over 1 week. I switched to fusemail for my treo.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    I heard about 4smartphone from jkontherun, an excellent blog that follows mobile computing and tablet pc hardware/software run by James Kendrick and Kevin Tofel. James has been on Mailstreet for several years and says the service and support are first rate. Its more expensive than 4smartphone. Kevin has been using 4smartphone and hasn't been affected by the outages. When I read about his experiences last fall and couldn't find any negative discussions regarding the service I decided to give it a try. I've put 4 users on it, they are recruiters and can't tolerate any outage so I promised them after the Feb 14-15 outage I would move them if it happened again so Monday they are going to either Mailstreet or USA.NET. I have 30 users on USA.NET, I chose them because they support BES, service has been excellent. They are also more expensive.
  18.    #78  
    I can't find the pricing for USA.NET on their web site.

The one nice thing I just found with mail2web is that they have a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01 View Post
    I can't find the pricing for USA.NET on their web site.

The one nice thing I just found with mail2web is that they have a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
    Actually 99.9% uptime isn't very good if you do the math over 365 days. 99.99% is much better.

99.9% uptime = 8.76 hours per year

http://www.touchstonehosting.com/art...-good-idea.htm
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    They've been down almost 42 hours at this point. And this is not the first problem I've had with them. I've been a customer since last October, and over the course of the past 5 - 6 months, they've been down for prolonged periods of time several times, and have had numerous other hiccups in their system and service that have resulted in shorter outages or other issues (like the sync error that I get every hour on the hour and that they can't seem to resolve). And their customer service is absolutely horrible. Here is what they said to me in one email response:
    We are also taking this opportunity to inform you that we are sending copies of your recent correspondence to our Execs with a strong recommendation of issuing you an exceptional full refund (not only the unused balance) because you make it clear that our service will never meet your requirements, you seem to take every opportunity possible to complain about it, and it is obvious that the subscription you prepaid is the only thing keeping you here. If they accept, you will be free to get your service with any other provider that meets your needs promptly with no loss and no regrets.
    What kind of company responds to a technical support request by telling the customer they complain too much? How atrocious is that service? There are numerous issues that I have with them that are still outstanding, and they don't seem to care one way or the other. All in all, one really bad company. The only reason I haven't left them yet is because it's a real hassle to switch to another company, but at this point I'm seriously considering it. I'd also really like to go after them for all the problems they've caused and they're obvious false advertising. Anyone else interested in maybe getting a group together of current and former disgruntled and unhappy customers to maybe do something (including maybe even doing a class action lawsuit)?

If not, anyone know of any other good hosted exchange services that have the same general features and rates?

Also, I'm currently using Yahoo Mail Plus (which I pay for also so I can forward my email) which unfortunately only allows me to forward to one email address (and doesn't also retain a copy of the incoming email), so its currently set to go to 4smartphone. Anyone think that if I sent my Yahoo mail to Gmail and then my Gmail to 4smartphone, it might be better since that way Gmail can at least retain a copy of incoming email in case 4smartphone goes down again? Anyone see any negative side effects with this plan?

Does anyone also know if mail that has been sent to 4smartphone accounts over the past 2 days is being queued, or is it gone forever if the customer didn't have a backup plan in place prior? If it is gone forever, I seriously think we should take some kind of action against 4smartphone!

At this point, I've left numerous messages for them, including with Patrick Gilbert (who I believe owns Presence IT and 4SmartPhone : 480-905-1655), and of course no one has gotten back to me yet. But then again, I'm not really surprised considering how little they seem to care about keeping their customers happy and their service stable and reliable...
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast