Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Ok, here is the reply from customer support on whether or not we should apply the DST patch:

Yes you should.

4SmartPhone's servers they have been update with the necessary patches in regards to the DST.

Thank you for using 4SmartPhone.
    sorry guys, but stay on topic. there is a dst thread here... http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=136899

i still dont have 4smartphone service. i did a hard reset before i found out that thay were having problems. all my backups are with out pim stuff (so i dont get duplicates).

for the last 30 hours i have no contacts,email,calendar,task, ect on my phone what so ever. i called 4smartphone and thay are looking into it. thay first told me everything was back to "up and running" then i told them my problem. thay then said thay were still have little issues. i called this a big issue. thay are going to get back to me.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    sorry guys, but stay on topic. there is a dst thread here... http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=136899

i still dont have 4smartphone service. i did a hard reset before i found out that thay were having problems. all my backups are with out pim stuff (so i dont get duplicates).

for the last 30 hours i have no contacts,email,calendar,task, ect on my phone what so ever. i called 4smartphone and thay are looking into it. thay first told me everything was back to "up and running" then i told them my problem. thay then said thay were still have little issues. i called this a big issue. thay are going to get back to me.
    I don't understand how this can affect some but not all of their clients.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trio View Post
    Ok, here is the reply from customer support on whether or not we should apply the DST patch:

Yes you should.

4SmartPhone's servers they have been update with the necessary patches in regards to the DST.

Thank you for using 4SmartPhone.
    No kidding! That's what I've been telling you for the last 2 days. Update your WM phone and your Windows Based Desktop PC. Forgive the sarcasm.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    I don't understand how this can affect some but not all of their clients.
    different people on different servers.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    different people on different servers.
    gotch-ya. I'm one of the lucky ones I guess. I hope they work out their issues for your sake.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    No kidding! That's what I've been telling you for the last 2 days. Update your WM phone and your Windows Based Desktop PC. Forgive the sarcasm.
    I can't stand you people on forums. I was just trying to be helpful by reporting what I found out.
    I may have spoken too soon earlier today, I have been having spotty connection issues this afternoon. 4smartphone has responded very quick to my inquiries, hopefully things will stabilize soon. I just did a soft reset on my 700w (as we all know, a too common experience) and so far it has been syncing with 4smartphone for over 5 minutes. I can't wait until it goes back to normal, thankfully I have not been on the road much this week.

Russ
    merged threads
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Hi, I have been using a treo 650 for over a year and a half, obviously it has some scratches, which I don't like, can someone tel me where can i get a outer case from the phone it self?, i have already a body glove and lether case, so i just need the case for the phone itself, preferable black, i will really appreciate some help on this since a love my treo.

cristv77
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cristv77 View Post
    Hi, I have been using a treo 650 for over a year and a half, obviously it has some scratches, which I don't like, can someone tel me where can i get a outer case from the phone it self?, i have already a body glove and lether case, so i just need the case for the phone itself, preferable black, i will really appreciate some help on this since a love my treo.

cristv77
    cristv77, you will get more replies and help by posting your request in the appropriate forum. See link and good luck!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    ok thanks
    Are others still having issues?
    I am
    Just call me Berd.

well i did finaly my pim data back on my phone last night. i called 4 smartphone with the three error codes. thay said thay would get back to me. this is the letter thay sent me back.

Dear Customer,
    First of all, we want to appologize for the email problems that you experienced this week, including today. We experienced a server problem earlier this week and while the situation was immediately rectified, it has somehow degraded the performance of this particular server in a way that was not expected.

However, even with delayed time lapses of the delivery of all emails, the server continues to work, we had taken the decision not to stop the server during business hours .

In short, the nature of this problem, made it so that the OWA and mobile access are the most affected areas , while Outlook connectivity is generally less affected. Please note, it is also important to point out, that while many emails are or have been delayed for sporadic periods of time , none have been lost or bounced, they are simply queued and ultimately delivered.

In conclusion, now that we have reach the weekend, a team of technicians are going to perform an unscheduled maintenance on this particular server as of late this evening (after the close of Pacific time business hours) and over the weekend. This might include moving some user mailboxes onto different servers and because of that, there will be intermittent service during the weekend, however, by Monday morning, we expect the service to be fully operational. The 4SmartPhone team will do everything to keep the interruptions as short as possible.

Once again, we are sorry for the degraded service that you have experienced over the last few days, and we further appologize for any inconveniences that it may have caused you. Lastly, we would also like to thank you for your patience and important cooperation in this matter.

Sincerely,

The 4SmartPhone Team
    Thats funny mine said:

"Dear Berd,

First of all, we want to appologize for the email problems that you experienced this week, including today. We experienced a server problem earlier this week and while the situation was immediately rectified, it has somehow degraded the performance of this particular server in a way that was not expected.

However, even with delayed time lapses of the delivery of all emails, the server continues to work, we had taken the decision not to stop the server during business hours .

In short, the nature of this problem, made it so that the OWA and mobile access are the most affected areas , while Outlook connectivity is generally less affected. Please note, it is also important to point out, that while many emails are or have been delayed for sporadic periods of time , none have been lost or bounced, they are simply queued and ultimately delivered.

In conclusion, now that we have reach the weekend, a team of technicians are going to perform an unscheduled maintenance on this particular server as of late this evening (after the close of Pacific time business hours) and over the weekend. This might include moving some user mailboxes onto different servers and because of that, there will be intermittent service during the weekend, however, by Monday morning, we expect the service to be fully operational. The 4SmartPhone team will do everything to keep the interruptions as short as possible.

Once again, we are sorry for the degraded service that you have experienced over the last few days, and we further appologize for any inconveniences that it may have caused you. Lastly, we would also like to thank you for your patience and important cooperation in this matter.

Sincerely,

The 4SmartPhone Team"
    Just call me Berd.
    i'm sure thay sent that to a few people.

anyhow, here is an update. i am no longer getting any "server busy errors". if fact when sending test messages to myself, i get about a 2 minute delay with outlook on my pc and 4 minute delay on my ppc. things are looking better.
  18.    #58  
    I am still getting 'server busy' messages. it's about as bad as it has been all week.

while I am generally optimistic even I am starting to get discouraged.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    I have been having terrible sync problems all day yesterday and today. Cannot pull email at all now.

Sucks.
    Well, they did acknowledge it, apologize for it, and stated when/how it will be rectified, so I'm satisfied. Griping about it won't help me any, so I'll just wait patiently for them. They've been great since I've had them in September, and I look forward to many more months with them!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast