Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I just called and spoke to 4smartphone. There is a server issue which has effected the RAID array set up. We are experiencing significant delays in receiving and sending email. 4Smartphone said that the server is being rebuilt and as they didn't take the server offline, it will probably take until tomorrow AM for the email delays to be 100% corrected.

As we are forwarding from a pop3 account this is not the end of the world for us, just an inconvenience. This is the first problem we have experienced with 4smartphone.net. We are going to stick with them as long as the delay gets corrected in a reasonable amount of time. Other than this slip up, the server has been terrific! Changes in Outlook to calendar, contacts or email post up immediately to our Sprint Q! Email delivery is often quicker on the Q than in Outlook (we have the hosted exchange set up). I am sure that this issue will be resolved, it may just not be done by tomorrow in the AM.
    Last edited by ambtreo; 02/14/2007 at 04:07 PM.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    In both threads, they clearly acknowledged the problem and stated that it's being corrected, so with some patience I'm sure everything will be back to normal soon.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    That's reassuring. I hope for all those who are affected that your issues get cleared up sooner than later. Glad it works great for me though!
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Also been having connection issues for the past 36 hours on 2 separate 4smartphone accounts.

Still not working, but it is re-assuring to see a company that will admit to a problem.

I don't want to speak to soon but kudos to 4smartphone for acknowledging the problem and reassuring us that they have a team working "diligently" on correcting the issues.
    I agree. no since in bad mouthing someone. thing break sometimes.

i'm glad to see them acknowledge the issue and with there prompt replies. at least there doing something about it.
    Glad to hear it. I thought I had done something wrong. So far, they have given excellent service so I will stick with them at this point but another interruption and they are toast.
    I had issues also...but this was the first issue of any type in the 6 mo I have used them. only suggestion is that I wish they ppsted a message on their support page so I would know its them not in my end.
    Quote Originally Posted by dollagreen View Post
    I had issues also...but this was the first issue of any type in the 6 mo I have used them. only suggestion is that I wish they ppsted a message on their support page so I would know its them not in my end.
    I was thinking the same thing earlier. I went to there site tonight when I got home, hoping on finding an update. nothing.
    Everything seems to be back up and running this morning here on the east coast. BTW, Ambtreo, you said you called 4smartphone. What phone number did you use?

Russ
    Back up an running fine this AM here on the east coast.

Russ
    Quote Originally Posted by tropicaffair View Post

, but we are very confident that everything will be back to normal by late this evening. There IS a team that is following this again today, very closely to ensure its successful rebuild.

Fingers crossed,

Russ
    well it 7:41am the next day and mines not fixed. anyone else have theres run right yet?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    well it 7:41am the next day and mines not fixed. anyone else have theres run right yet?
    Been running fine all along here in the Northeast.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    the number to smartphone support is 1 (800) 435-3067

i live in kansas city, missouri. still no service here. i think i am going to give them a call.

cody
    Anyone know if 4Smartphone users should apply the DST patch yet?

trio
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trio View Post
    Anyone know if 4Smartphone users should apply the DST patch yet?

trio

I did...I applied it to both my Treo 700W as well as my Desktop PC. I wouldn't think that 4smartphone service has anything to do with the DST fix.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    I did...I applied it to both my Treo 700W as well as my Desktop PC. I wouldn't think that 4smartphone service has anything to do with the DST fix.
    I've heard talk of an Exchange Server component to the patch. If that's true, it might matter.

trio
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trio View Post
    I've heard talk of an Exchange Server component to the patch. If that's true, it might matter.

trio

Are you hosting an Exchange Server? If so, then you will need the patch. You don't need an Exchange Server DST Fix/Patch if you subscribe to an Exchange Server Service. The SERVICE provider, 4smartphone, would need to , (if applicable), apply the fix/patch on their end.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Are you hosting an Exchange Server? If so, then you will need the patch. You don't need an Exchange Server DST Fix/Patch if you subscribe to an Exchange Server Service. The SERVICE provider, 4smartphone, would need to , (if applicable), apply the fix/patch on their end.
    4Smartphone is the Exchange Server. I don't want to apply the patch to the treo if they haven't. Since they don't have a notice on their page, I was wondering if anyone heard anything from them.

I guess if you've applied the patch already, it must not be a problem. (the order) I sent them an email. I'll put up their reply here when I get it.

trio
    Cody,

Thanks for the phone number.

Russ
    Quote Originally Posted by tropicaffair View Post
    Everything seems to be back up and running this morning here on the east coast. BTW, Ambtreo, you said you called 4smartphone. What phone number did you use?

Russ
    Had troubles last night.
    I got it to sync this morning.
    Now it's not syncing again.

Oh well,
    I'm glad I did a forum search
    and found that I wasn't the only one.

Otherwise, I've been really happy with 4smartphone.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/15/2007 at 11:55 AM. Reason: To say I'm really happy with the service. :)
    Just call me Berd.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast