1.    #1  
    Is it hard to get used to the qwerty keyboard on the treo? I just held one for the first time and it seems like the keys are very small. i'm a guy so my fingers are somewhat big.. is it something you get used to? i feel like i'm hitting multiple keys when i type haha.. thanks
    It's actually very good for data entry, compare to other flat-button qwerty phones.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    You will get used to it, after awhile one handed will also be easier I just moved over to the 680 from a 600
    I’m 6’3”, with big ham-fisted farmer’s hands. I type faster on the Treo than I ever could with Graffiti — and I was reasonably good at that. I can get between 25 and 30 minutes per minute on the Treo.
    Within half an hour of typing on the Treo I was already as fast as graffiti. I got used to the Treo very quickly.
    I think that it's a matter of personal preference. Most people find that typing on a Treo (or Blackberry, etc.) is much easier than using Grafitti or some other stylus based text entry, but there are some folks that just never get used to the small "thumboard."

After owning a number of thumboard-equipped PDA's over the years, I would suggest that you give it a week or so and see if it doesn't get easier for you. If you really, truly can't get used to it, there are some other smarthphones that may fit your needs better.

Good luck!

TMann
    Quote Originally Posted by cmattcate View Post
    Is it hard to get used to the qwerty keyboard on the treo? I just held one for the first time and it seems like the keys are very small. i'm a guy so my fingers are somewhat big.. is it something you get used to? i feel like i'm hitting multiple keys when i type haha.. thanks
    You can also use the virtual keyboard which you can get almost everywhere (menu k or tap the drop down menu). Surprisingly few people use this but I personally like it over the keyboard in certain situations.
    Use the inner edge (or is that outer - I mean away from the other fingers) of your thumbs rather than the "face".
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    My first Treo was a 180g. At the time i had no desire whatsoever for a keyboard. I even posted here that i'd put my graffiti skills up against anybody's typing skills. I held on with my 180g until the 600 came out and then the color screen won me over. I did get used to the keyboard but only because i didn't have a choice. Now i wouldn't go back.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
  9.    #9  
    i think ill give it a shot. i was looking at the ppc6700 but i haven't actually held one. id think thatd be easier but one hand usage would pretty much be out of the question with that phone, i think
    Check out the HTC TyTn.
  11.    #11  
    can't use it with sprint can i?