Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After being a member of this forum for a couple weeks, I am trying to use more of my Treo's capapbilities. So this weekend I called up Verizon (my cell carrier). I looked into their data package and they told me it was 44.99 for unlimited use. That is ridiculous!!

We have alltel through work and they charge $25 for you to plug in your phone to a computer so you can get online with your notebook. For $5 more you can get the package so you can also surf the web from your phone. I still think that is excessive, but $15 cheaper than Verizon.

What are you all paying for your data packages?
    Currently Cingular $20 for unlimited data

Sprint has the cheapest rates - I think I was paying $10 for unlimited data last year before I switched to GSM.
  3.    #3  
    Holy sh*t that is a steal compared to verizon and even alltel. I am so glad I have a whole year left on my contract. NOT!
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen View Post
    Currently Cingular $20 for unlimited data

Sprint has the cheapest rates - I think I was paying $10 for unlimited data last year before I switched to GSM.
    The $19.99 Media Net plan won't work with the Treo. You need their Data Connect PDA plan, which is $44.99. So Cingular's price is up there with Verizon.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai View Post
    The $19.99 Media Net plan won't work with the Treo. You need their Data Connect PDA plan, which is $44.99. So Cingular's price is up there with Verizon.
    Actually, this isn't true. As has been well-documented on this and other forums, you *can* in fact use the $19.99/mo unlimited data plan with a Treo. I currently have this plan with my Treo 680.

What is true, however, is that Cingular will try and tell you that must have the more expensive Data Connect PDA plan to work with the Treo. Again, this isn't the case.
    If you are out of contract with Verizon check out the SERO plans from Sprint. I just switched from T-Mobile. 500 minutes with data = $30, 1250 minutes plus data = $50, and (what I got) $100 for 2500 minutes plus data. And data is fast.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai View Post
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by no_basho View Post
    Actually, this isn't true. As has been well-documented on this and other forums, you *can* in fact use the $19.99/mo unlimited data plan with a Treo. I currently have this plan with my Treo 680.

What is true, however, is that Cingular will try and tell you that must have the more expensive Data Connect PDA plan to work with the Treo. Again, this isn't the case.
    That's if you're an existing customer, which is true. But a new customer cannot purchase the 19.99 unlimited plan anymore since it's not available.
    If you buy a voice plan with no data package, you can log into their website to manage your account. Last time I checked, unlimited media net was still an option that could be added (for 20/mo) through the account management feature.

Mals
  10.    #10  
    Unfortunantly the fact still remains I am stuck with Verizon for another year. I wonder if you threaten to cancel your contract if that get's you anywhere. $45 is just way to steep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willieygtvuy View Post
    Unfortunantly the fact still remains I am stuck with Verizon for another year. I wonder if you threaten to cancel your contract if that get's you anywhere. $45 is just way to steep.
    Nope. I had 2 months to go until my new every two. I threatened to leave because they wouldn't push it up two lousy months.
    They didn't really care.

I just wanted it pushed up because I wanted my treo and I'm very impatient when I want something.
    ....I waited.

When I shopped around for other carriers, cingular told me that their unlimited data plan was $45 just like Verizon.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I work hard for money so I had to go with the best deal which was with sprints sero plan. $30 plus tx for unlimited net access with 500 minutes and unlimited nights and weekends. I'm gonna grandfather this plan long after I'm a grandfather
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    you think you are getting ripped off, then I advise you not to come to Canada. $50 will only get you 100MB/month here (might actually be 75MB).
    and there are NO unlimited data plans.
    Sprint.... $10 for unlimited data... with corporate discount that's $7.5 a month.

Verizon is Cellphone Nazi, what do you expect from them?
    Verizon is really not going to care about you. I wanted to lose my blackberry and get a 700w and they were going to charge me $650 b/c i was not due for another phone. I called customer service and complained to no avail. So i left verizon and bought the 750 through cingular. The way i see it, if you don't value my business then i'll take it elsewhere...even if i have to buy out of my contract. Which, in the near future, will no longer be in place. The few cell companies are taking advantage of the consumer in every way possible b/c they have no reason to do otherwise. Once another company comes along and offers better rates/plans etc., they will be forced to conform. You gotta remember, cell phones are relatively new. Just look at what happened to blockbuster once netflix came on the scene...think about it.
    T-Mobile TZones: $5.99 per month. Unlimited data. SMS plans are extra.
    Sprint now requires use of its Power Vision plan. You get unlimited web access for $15/mo.
    Sprint Ultimate Power Vision Pack (includes all the extra crap) is $25 a month. I have it on all three of my lines, but as a 9 year Sprint customer, I pay $2.50 per month for each line before my 15 % discount. Loyalty pays.
    Much depends on how much you use your phone - if you make spartan use of your voice minutes, Sprint is probably the best value for data. In our organization where most people average monthly bills over $175 for voice and data, our accounting department has discerned no appreciable difference in the cost for combined data/voice use for "heavy" business users...
    Unfortunantly the fact still remains I am stuck with Verizon for another year.
    Are you aware that some people have been able to get out of their contracts with both Verizon and Cingular because both companies raised their text messaging rates by 50% if you're a customer without a messaging package? If you're in that situation and use the messaging service from time to time, you may be able to make a case.

See here:
    http://www.tinyscreenfuls.com/2007/0...d-a-new-phone/
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast