1.    #1  
    For the most part, i just use my sd cards straight out of the package. never had a problem. Plus I use a mac. So, it has no formating options (not many). I bought a 8gb sdhc card. Everything is working great and then alot of the files got corrupted.

Now I need to format it.
    We picked up a PC this weekend. So, i am looking for step by step instructions on how to format the card.
    I have a sandisk mobilemate sd reader.
    The pc sees the card fine and ask me if i want to format it to FAT32. i tried it, but, it doesn't change the speed of deleting or reading files, like it did at first.

So, how do I
    1. Get in dos prompt? Where is this found?
    2. Where do i put the command "format D: /FS:FAT32 /A:32K"

thanks.
    click Start
    select run
    type in "command prompt"
    you will get a DOS window
    You can also right click on the SD drive in My Computer or Windows Explorer and select Format.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  4.    #4  
    sweet thx
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    type in "command prompt"
    or just command
    or just cmd

i didnt know command prompt was an option.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.

nor I, command or cmd . . . . .
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    For the most part, i just use my sd cards straight out of the package. never had a problem. Plus I use a mac. So, it has no formating options (not many). I bought a 8gb sdhc card. Everything is working great and then alot of the files got corrupted.

Now I need to format it.
    We picked up a PC this weekend. So, i am looking for step by step instructions on how to format the card."

thanks.
    You can also do it via Disk Management: Rt-Clk "My Computer", then choose Disk Management.

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.