Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am not sure about that error message -- it may just be the best the system could attach to the problem. . . . . . . .

I do not believe the system will allow fileZ to move or delete a ROM file. Under the assumption your current ROM file is corrupt -- you could copy the new address files on the SD card and then to internal memory with FileZ as suggested above.

I am in uncharted territory here -- this could work and then again may not. . .
    don't think addressbook.prc is what you want anyway. That's just a mirror of the new contacts format. it's there for compatability with older unaware programs.

i've seen the hotsync msgs you're experiencing - long time ago. i was able to fix it, but can't now recall what i did.

what you might want to try is download & run dbscan from pimlicosoftware.com to correct corrupt contact entries.

and now i think i remember what my problem was at the time: i believe it was with memos, & i had one >4000b. whatever it was i did, i ended up doing manually to correct (did not know about dbscan back then). do you have a contact that has an unusually long note?
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    It's almost like the launchable attribute for contacts has been unchecked somehow. Have anything like Filez on there where you could search and see?
    that is correct the launchable attribute was unchecked in filez, when i check it it gives me the above error message, but stays checked, then when i reset the phone it is unchecked again
  4.    #24  
    don't think addressbook.prc is what you want anyway. That's just a mirror of the new contacts format. it's there for compatability with older unaware programs.

i've seen the hotsync msgs you're experiencing - long time ago. i was able to fix it, but can't now recall what i did.

what you might want to try is download & run dbscan from pimlicosoftware.com to correct corrupt contact entries.

and now i think i remember what my problem was at the time: i believe it was with memos, & i had one >4000b. whatever it was i did, i ended up doing manually to correct (did not know about dbscan back then). do you have a contact that has an unusually long note?
    as far as i know i dont hava any contacts with long notes, theres no reason for me to, there all simple name and number entries.

should the launchable box be checked in filez? because it wont stay checked after a reset and keeps spitting out that error message.

would a corrupt entry in the contacts not allow it to open?
    I don't think Filez will let you muck with ROM stuff either.

With what I saw in your last post, I'd start thinking about just deleting addressbook. Pretty sure it just gets recreated form contactsdb all over again Again, check out Pimlicosoftware.com for dbscan and info on the mirror databases (contacts/addressbook, tasks/todo, etc...) before trying this.
    Don't think you need the launchable attr checked for addressbook, I don't think it ever really can get launched in the normal manner anyway. Probably should be checked for contacts though. I think that's what gets launched from your favs button...
  7.    #27  

i downloaded and ran that and it says i only have 12 entries?! and there all ok
    Do you use the Directory Assistant app?
    need to run it on both DBs, contacts and addressbook. You're HS log indicates to me that you have 224 entries.
    For what it's worth -- the 700p files were sent. . . .
  11.    #31  
    well i checked out the dbscan site, i was looking at addressbook thinking it was my contacts. which contacts file should i be checking or messing with, and what should i do with it

the dbscan said there was only 12 entries and they are all fine

it seems the only problem is the contacts wont open from anywhere

this is so damn frustrating
  12.    #32  
    Do you use the Directory Assistant app?
    YES!!!! i do, could this be the problem?
  13.    #33  
    need to run it on both DBs, contacts and addressbook. You're HS log indicates to me that you have 224 entries.
    how do i run it on both DBs, when i open the program it simply says "scan" at the top and some other stuff at the bottom that i dont know what it is
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    For what it's worth -- the 700p files were sent. . . .
    ok thanks, hopefully they wont be needed.
    edited
    Last edited by checkmate; 02/04/2007 at 04:24 PM. Reason: missed posts in between!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
  16.    #36  
    I saw i was asked if i used the directry assistant program.... I Do

Does this have something to do with it you think?
    Probably not, just not sure. Just thinking of things related to contacts.

Earlier versions of DA had a bug when creating new contacts. Contact records created by the app were huge, full of all sorts of characters (like machine code). I believe version 3.24 and a few earlier had the prob. It's since been fixed - I love the app!
  18.    #38  
    yea, i guess im just going to get a replacement, this will be my 5th refurb but i think i can force sprint to just upgrade me to the 700 for all the hassle

would you suggest the 700p or w?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaygrafwallner View Post
    yea, i guess im just going to get a replacement, this will be my 5th refurb but i think i can force sprint to just upgrade me to the 700 for all the hassle

would you suggest the 700p or w?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=135716
    Good Luck Jay!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12