Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I had no idea women hated other women so much. If a man could earn a living by his appearance and attract piles of women to boot he would be much admired by his peers.

Surur
    Women don't "hate" other women. It's just a more competitive area...

I can name tons of men that make their livings by their appearances. I think most men refer to them as, what's the word? Oh yeah..."gay" I think envy and competition are just human nature, no matter what gender you are.
    I had no idea women hated other women so much. If a man could earn a living by his appearance and attract piles of women to boot he would be much admired by his peers.

Surur
    Where do you get this idea? Womens magazines still have women on their covers, just like mens magazine.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    If a man could earn a living by his appearance and attract piles of women to boot he would be much admired by his peers.
    What, like Peter Stringfellow?

PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Hmmm, let's see if NO one paid to see these folks, there would be no market for it. So, I guess there must be people willing to pay to see it huh?

Seriously, it's economics 101 really. If you manage to convince all the men to stop going to the auto shows that have females in bikinis - guess what, the auto shows will stop having them. It really is all about the money in some form.

It amazes me how people think trying to convince an entire gender about what is "right" will some how work. Don't get me wrong, I wish it would, but I'll bet you can complain until you are blue in the face, and you won't see a change in this case. After all, some men can't control themselves, and it seems like that is a fairly high percentage.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Where do you get this idea? Womens magazines still have women on their covers, just like mens magazine.
    I hate to say it, but he's right about women hating other women. Not in the sense you might be thinking of.

Women can be VERY hard on each other. Look at how they talk about each other! It's unfortunate because it plays into yet another stereotype that women need to compete against each other. Instead of sticking together, many bash their fellow woman. I have even seen women who've been raped blamed by other women for what they did and did not do. Now THAT really pisses me off!!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Did someone say ****??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7.    #47  
    sex sells, will sell, will continue to sell, and will probably always sell. The reason is hormones. Even the brightest men will fall victim to hormones. Gentlemen, honest men, men who support feminism, all of them. My body is telling me to try to mate with women I find attractive, and it is difficult to disobey these orders. I treat women with complete respect and do not offend them intentionally, but the mating game is strange...women don't understand men, and most men don't understand women.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post
    Did someone say ****??
    The Munk's back!
    Did someone say ****??
    I knew you couldn't resist some good ole' fashion "****" talk
    women don't understand men, and most men don't understand women
    Well, some women do. They usually get what they want AND the man is happy too

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I hate to say it, but he's right about women hating other women. Not in the sense you might be thinking of.

Women can be VERY hard on each other. Look at how they talk about each other! It's unfortunate because it plays into yet another stereotype that women need to compete against each other. Instead of sticking together, many bash their fellow woman. I have even seen women who've been raped blamed by other women for what they did and did not do. Now THAT really pisses me off!!!
    It's sad, but true. Most women have very few "real" friends because it takes so little to cause a riff between them. I only have a couple female friends, but a lot of male friends. I'm still not as close to the females because I feel like I constantly have to have my guard up with them.

Did someone say ****??
    Typical...not exactly what I was looking for, but it's a start.
    What, the Munk's back? Where have you been hiding? Now this thread is going to get 3 times longer!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    I highly doubt it...
    oooh. a sig referencing, uh, can't say it
    Quote Originally Posted by KabukiAssassin View Post
    I don't expect any guy to see my point of view, or reply to it with anything other than "Take off yer top!". I'm just voicing my thoughts on the off chance that some of you guys would be interested to see what one of your sex objects thinks.
    If you're going to claim to be my sex object, please provide a picture first.
    Last edited by samkim; 02/14/2007 at 09:06 PM.
    You rock.

Guys don't get this concept b/c YOU'RE The ones that are being catered to here. The bikini girls are there for YOUR eyes. Do women wanna see that crap when we try to read a blog about Treos? NO! And I highly doubt that this girl is "expressing herself" by posing in a bikini. More like being (over)paid to take her clothes off. NOT respectable.

I don't care that it's mostly guys who are into Treos, it doesn't mean that it's ok to alienate the few women who are into them. It just shows how basic some people are. Can men not stop thinking about tits long enough to read a blog, or do they absolutely have to see half-naked women everywhere just to hold their attention? Yeesh.

This is the exact same reason I don't go to car shows anymore. I'm a female who enjoys racing & the like(I drive an '05 Neon SRT-4, standard), but if I go to a car show, all I see are sluts in bikinis. I didn't know I was paying admission just to have tits shoved in my face, I was under the impression that it was all about the cars. The last one I went to had a bikini show, but they didn't even talk about the cars. Am I really such a tight-a$$ for not enjoying & accepting the rampant sexism displayed by having completely unnecessary bikini girls at events like that? If they're gonna have these skanks for the guys, why not have men in speedos for the women? I'll tell you why, b/c NO GUYS WOULD COME TO THE SHOWS. Do you see my point here? It's not fair, these bikini girls drive away a lot of girls who are interested in the sport, or whatever you wanna call it. It's not okay to parade women around like bimbo trophies & then wonder why "prudes" get offended by it.

A lot of people think, after hearing my opinions on stuff like this, that I'm some fat, gross, hog of a feminazi who's just jealous of the girls. Not true. I'm a petite, cute, skinny girl who looks like an anime chick & has her veritable pick of boyfriends. I am not jealous of anybody. I just don't think that it's necessary to include smut with absolutely EVERYTHING.

I don't expect any guy to see my point of view, or reply to it with anything other than "Take off yer top!". I'm just voicing my thoughts on the off chance that some of you guys would be interested to see what one of your sex objects thinks.
    The fact that you're calling these women skanks makes you look like a fool.
    do you know the muffin man?

(ducks)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by ojleblanc View Post
    This statement is exactly what those who took issue with the images are complaining about.

It makes no difference whether or not *most* Treo users are men. Women buy, use, and read about Treos and other technology, too, and one would think that one could do so without encountering the use of images that depict women as mere sex objects.
    It's the guy's personal blog not a magazine being published by Harpers! He can do what he wants as long as it's legal and you can choose to read it or not! If you think he's sexist or whatever well read a different blog.. no brainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    If you're going to claim to be my sex object, please provide a picture first.
    This is almost a neutered equivalent to "Take off yer top!" At least he lived up (or down in this case) to your expectations...
    It's not funny if you explain it.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast