1.    #1  
    hey guys im new to these forums so sorry if this is in the wrong spot. with that said i'm 18 years old and i'm shopping for my first smart phone. i'm on the sprint network and i'd like to know what you guys think i should go with. i'm looking at 3 different phones: treo 700p, treo 700wx, audiovox ppc 6700

i'll be honest, i probably don't NEED a phone like this but i'd certainly like to have one. i text a lot so the keyboard is appealing on all of the phones (especially the 6700). i'd like a nice calender feature, something more in-depth then your standard phone (i'm using a sanyo 6600 katana right now). i like the bluetooth but you can get that with essentially any phone nowadays. i'm interested in a lot of the apps and id like to use my phone for more than i do now which is why im lookin to buy!

i guess the question is which operating system is easier to use and offers more, windows mobile or the palm os? like i said i'm a first time buyer and i'd Like to use my phone a bit more. any feedback is appreciated, and if you guys need any additional information to give me feedback let me kknow. thanks everyone
    You will find many threads/posting in support of both OS's depending on the writers personal preferences/prejudices. I would suggest that you try them out yourself at a store or take advantage of trial periods on each.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    You will find many threads/posting in support of both OS's depending on the writers personal preferences/prejudices. I would suggest that you try them out yourself at a store or take advantage of trial periods on each.
    Yes, there are many strong reasons for being in either camp. For example, the 700p has a fairly crisp resolution, while the 700wx seems to do multitasking quite efficiently. As john said there's a lot of very up to date information on the board. Good Luck!
  4.    #4  
    well guys i've done a little bit of researching on cnet and it seems like most people come to the same conclusion: treo 700wx is more of a pda than phone, 700p is more of a phone than pda. i think i'll end up going with the 'p' if that's the case. two more questions though:

- How long do these things usually last? One guy said his died in 4 months. if i'm buying this thing for 300$ i don't want to have to replace it in a few months
    - The treo lacks wi-fi, is that a problem? if i get sprint's powervision (unlimited internet) shouldn't i be fine, or is it really slow? and lastly, is there an adaptor available that will give me wi-fi?

anything else i need to know would be appreciated. thanks guys n gals
    I consider my 700P a full fledged PDA, my most current in a 10 year string of Palm PDAs. . . . .