Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • "trio"

26 92.86%
  • "trayo"

2 7.14%
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    I've always said "trio" and that's what i've heard most people say. I've also heard a couple people say "trayo". So i'm just wondering, regardless of what anyone says is the official pronunciation, what do you call it?
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    I often still call it my "Palm Pilot". :-)
    Sometimes I just call it my phone.
    I never said (or even heard) Tray-o. Maybe that's OK for a GSM (with SIM card tray) TrEo but not for my CDMA puppy! ;-)
    Everyone says trEEEo these days (including Palm, and even Steve Jobs) so I'd go with the long E sound if I were you!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Actually, one of the reasons i thought to ask this question was Steve Jobs. In his keynote about the iPhone he called it a "trayo", which just sent shivers down my spine. Perhaps he called it that just to get the reaction that i gave, especially since he was dissing the rest. At least there won't be any confusion as to what to call my new iPhone, 2G that is.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Quote Originally Posted by randyg View Post
    ... Steve Jobs. In his keynote about the iPhone he called it a "trayo", ...
    I didn't catch that. Thanks for pointing it out.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    If you assume the line over the "e" is an accent, then "trayo" would be correct. My question would be, what was Palm's intent? Is the line an accent or design?

BTW, I say treo, not trayo.
    I would think the line over the "e" is the sign for the long "e" sound...
    The line over the "e" is a pronounciation symbol that means to use the long sound (that is to pronounce it as "ee". So it should be pronounced "tree-oh". Those that pronounce it otherwise don't know any better and are not familiar with pronounciation symbols...or choose to ignore them.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    The line over the "e" is a pronounciation symbol that means to use the long sound (that is to pronounce it as "ee". So it should be pronounced "tree-oh". Those that pronounce it otherwise don't know any better and are not familiar with pronounciation symbols...or choose to ignore them.
    Or primarily reside in SF