1.    #1  
    AP
    Palm Discontinues Hard-Drive-Based PDA
    Thursday February 1, 10:20 pm ET
    Palm Discontinues Hard-Drive-Based LifeDrive PDA

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) -- In the latest sign of a waning market for personal digital assistants, Palm Inc. has quietly pulled the plug on its LifeDrive mobile manager.
    Palm pioneered the PDA market with the Palm Pilot a decade ago but has been increasingly building its business instead on its Treo smart phones that combine a cell phone with data features such as e-mail and Web browsing.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070201/palm_lifedrive.html?.v=1
    ha, I sold mine today for more than I bought it for. Whodathunkit?
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    I never saw the point in this model given it's hd based and the availability and storage of an sd card.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    For me, it was too large to fit into my pocket, as compared to a Treo.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    I always thought they were an awesome looking device with a massive beautiful display. In a way, I wish I would have bought one to use as a portable media player.
    I like it too! It was a cool PDA! If only they had been able to put all it's features into a Treo, that would have been sweet!! Although flash memory storage would have been better.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Erik View Post
    I always thought they were an awesome looking device with a massive beautiful display. In a way, I wish I would have bought one to use as a portable media player.
    ha exactly what I used it for, as my 680 still doesn't work with BT headphones but the LifeDrive did. No so sure about a "beautiful" display, compared to the Treos, but it is nice and big.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    I've got one and I quite like it.I use it mainly as a backup PDA (I bought it during a brief Treo less moment).I only paid about $200 from mine a while back (maybe a year or more ago)-practically new (it had barely been used) from someone on craigslist who was selling it to get enough money to save up for a Treo.Ironically I ended up buying a second Treo while my first one was out for repair-so now I have an extra 650 as well.
    I was looking for one the other day to update the wife's pda (she is still using the zire 72 and its showing some wear).
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Maybe the Palm Outlet store (from their website) or Overstock.com might have some too.
    With flash memory being used to create 64 GB notebook hard drives, the days of something as bulky as the LifeDrive are over. Imaging the LifeDrive with no spinning hard drive to gobble down battery power, 30+ GB of sorage, and usable as an external hard drive. Bootable even! I think we'll see it return with a new design. That is, as soon as the price of these drives comes down to earth!

Here's the Engadget Story on the flash drive.