Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I use a launcher on the WinMo version of the Treo (750). It's useful in that it could emulate the quicklaunch ribbon of buttons found on the Windows Mobile Smartphone Edition. Now, I have the best of touchscreen and the quicklaunch functionality of Microsoft's non-touchscreen basic edition.
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    Sounds like a good reason to dump it, you know, if you use the only one that still gives you problems. Did I not read this correctly?

Yes you did but you are now talking about living with the entire docks to go program running in the Treo 650's RAM. It can be done, but, not without sacrificing the reliability of the device if you plan to do other things such as GPS Navigation using Tom Tom Navigator, running TCPMP, Pocket Tunes or even taking phone calls. So itís worth it to me just to keep most of the files on the SD card & to have a backup of the files for when something goes wrong. The real solution is to drop the 650 all together and get a 700p; But, since it works for the most part and is only a minor nuisance that can be corrected rather quickly itís not an Issue that would justify the extra money being spent.
    Apparently, something else is wrong. I run Docs to Go off the card with no problem. And then use 3rd party launcher to run other stuff off the card (Sprint 650). I'm on 650 now, so haven't acually re-read this thread.
    Including running TT, independantly, off the card.
    Including running TT, independantly, off the card.
    are you using a 4GB card?
    2 gig.
    2 gig.
    that's why
    Then that's probably the "something else that's wrong". Is it a problem with the card, or the driver used to talk to the card?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyedeas View Post
    Then there's PowerRun which doesn't change the look or feel of your device, but simply lets you move and lauch program from the SD card and control memory. Very little memory footprint on its own and everything else stays the same. It gets my vote!

Eyedeas
    Please explain what PowerRun adds to the built-in Palm launcher...
    Powerrun moves applications to SD card and creates shortcuts that can be catigorized like the applications in RAM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lowreeds View Post
    Powerrun moves applications to SD card and creates shortcuts that can be catigorized like the applications in RAM.
    Thank you!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12