Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    In reality there's nothing new. DUDE I'm tired of waiting, almost wanting to give up...but literally I cant with all I've invested into my TRE0 650. Where is the next treo? SLIM THE DAMN THING DOWN and WOW us man!
  2. #2  
    They did. It's called the 680.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by KreativeArtz View Post
    In reality there's nothing new. DUDE I'm tired of waiting, almost wanting to give up...but literally I cant with all I've invested into my TRE0 650. Where is the next treo? SLIM THE DAMN THING DOWN and WOW us man!
    yes slim would be very nice.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by KreativeArtz View Post
    In reality there's nothing new. DUDE I'm tired of waiting, almost wanting to give up...but literally I cant with all I've invested into my TRE0 650. Where is the next treo? SLIM THE DAMN THING DOWN and WOW us man!
    Me too, but I wish I knew what Borning meant.
  5. #5  
    it ain't the 680, don't be pursuaded by that.

    I'd take a trip into Dash-ville if you're on GSM and don't mind the EDGE. I'm trying out the Q now and it's been quite the adventure, to say the least.
  6. #6  
    I love the current size of the 680. I really don't care for the ultra-thin phones like the Dash or Moto Q. What I'd kill for, however, is a Treo without the D-pad, one with a thumb wheel ala the Blackberry. Touch screen + clickable thumb wheel = heaven on earth for me.
  7. #7  
    Ya know, I am going to miss the antenna on my next Treo.

    It's my handle to retrieve it out of the horizontal belt clip pouch . . .
  8. #8  
    I would give you 10 dollars if you go to the Palm Store and do that.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    I would give you 10 dollars if you go to the Palm Store and do that.
    LOL

    650 antenna lasted 2 years that way. . . . . . 700P . . . . 39 days and counting . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/02/2007 at 08:27 AM.
  10. #10  
    I've already smacked my 680 on the concrete because of the "hand gymnastics" needed to get it out of the belt pouch. The 650 antenna made a perfect little flip stick to get it out.
    I ain't complainin' Palm. I promise I aint complainin'. No antenna is fiiine.
    Patrick Horne
  11. #11  
    I can see an after-market for people adding "tenna-handles" to their 750's and 680's. A lot eaisier to do than to remove or reduce the 700 series or 650 antenna. No electronics manipulation invlved, just screw on or epoxy a stub so you can remove your phone from your case or pocket! Then we will have come full circle!

    "Everybody Palm!"

    Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  12.    #12  
    It was suppose to mean boring, lol my bad The 680 or the 700 or even the 750 still does't do any justice for me, thats why I still currently have my 650. Did any visited a cingular stores lately...one of my friends said one of the sales rep told him to hold his horses because they will be releasing a new one in march...can anyone confirm this? Thanks!
  13. #13  
    If the 750 didn't do anything for you, nothing from Palm will. Palm just isn't known for WOW phones.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  14. TxDot's Avatar
    Posts
    892 Posts
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    it ain't the 680, don't be pursuaded by that.

    I'd take a trip into Dash-ville if you're on GSM and don't mind the EDGE. I'm trying out the Q now and it's been quite the adventure, to say the least.
    I did the trip to Dashville and came home within a week. I just couldn't handle Windows Mobil. If the OS was better I would have stuck with it. There are a lot of things I liked such as the size & weight, and WiFi. But, I didn't like them enough.

    I really want Palm to wow us with something really new as long as it uses the POS UI (or a good variant).
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

    Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    I can see an after-market for people adding "tenna-handles" to their 750's and 680's. A lot eaisier to do than to remove or reduce the 700 series or 650 antenna. No electronics manipulation invlved, just screw on or epoxy a stub so you can remove your phone from your case or pocket! Then we will have come full circle!

    That would be something to see. Instead of removing antennas, folks actually strapping on a fake antenna!

    edit: Sorry for the sexual overtones. Not my intention. Really.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    That would be something to see. Instead of removing antennas, folks actually strapping on a fake antenna!

    edit: Sorry for the sexual overtones. Not my intention. Really.
    Hey Rambo, if somebody could get a handle on this idea, perhaps there's an opportunity for Zoti to expand his product line...

    Perry, I would suggest mounting it along the opposite side of the Treo's memory card door and using pop rivets instead of glue that might mar the plastic surfaces of the Treo.

    The antenna as handle would be soooo old news...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan View Post
    Hey Rambo, if somebody could get a handle on this idea, perhaps there's an opportunity for Zoti to expand his product line...

    Perry, I would suggest mounting it along the opposite side of the Treo's memory card door and using pop rivets instead of glue that might mar the plastic surfaces of the Treo.

    The antenna as handle would be soooo old news...

    LOL
  18. #18  
    I'm happy with my 650... even with the small memory and the resets. What would make me really happy though, is if they re-made the 600 with removable battery, better screen, bluetooth, and wi-fi. That's all I really want.
  19. #19  
    If you want to put an antenna on a 680 or 750, buy a Seido cystal case and attach an antenna to it. That way it would not damage the Treo. Personally, I am glad to get rid of the big antenna. My 700wx looks a ton better IMO with the Zoti antenna replacement.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  20. blancoal's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #20  
    i eventually switched from a belt pouch to my pocket once i got the 680 in part to avoid the belt pouch slide issue, and also because w/o the antenna, it is much more comfortable in the pocket. helps to not look as geeky as well.

Posting Permissions