1.    #1  
    HP has it and so do a bunch of other pda phones.

Why no gps on treos yet?

Something like SIRF III would be ideal but even a j2me implementation of the current agps would be fine.

Palm are you listening? It's such a useful feature!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmarshmellow View Post
    HP has it and so do a bunch of other pda phones.

Why no gps on treos yet?

Something like SIRF III would be ideal but even a j2me implementation of the current agps would be fine.

Palm are you listening? It's such a useful feature!!!
    Ed Colligan recently talked about GPS in future Palm products in the Churchill Club Breakfast with Ed Colligan:

" That's one of them, no question....And the usage, that's going to be one of the really interesting discovery points of new usage and how do I use the fact that I know where I am... that other things know where I am, or other systems know where I am and that I opt-in to let them know where I am?"

Listen @ around 43 minutes 20 seconds when John Markoff from the NYT talks about visiting SIRF. I also recommend listening to the entire talk, there's a lot of good stuff in there . I think Palm is thinking about what kinds of interesting usage scenarios and services (location based services, context aware services) they can provide in combination with GPS location data.

Brian
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Dude - GPS ? what planet are you on? don't you know the palm story?

if it ain't broke don't fix it, if it ain't broke don't fix it, if it ain't broke don't fix it,if it ain't broke don't fix it, if it ain't broke don't fix it, if it ain't broke don't fix it

you'll be wanting crazy sci-fi things like wi-fi and 3g on a palm os device next!