1.    #1  
    I have been using a regular palm for years but now moving to a treo. Debating staying with palm os (680 or 700p) or switching to windows mobile (750p). Any wisdom?
    try all three in the stores and get a feel for which one in terms of user interface of the OS works best for you.
    My Palm Treo 700w was a snitch
    Ahh . . . the eternal question.

I have been with Palm PDAs since 1996. My last "PDA" was the Tungsten T3, although I considered/consider my prior 650 and current 700P "PDAs w/phone". I waited out the Treo 600 until the 650 because of the 160x160 screen resolution on the 600 . . . just couldn't make that jump down from the T3's 320x480 screen.

I went with the 700P (vs. a 700wx) because of my 10 years of PalmOS knowledge and software, plus I could not, again, stand to go down to the current 240x240 screen of the 700w/wx -- the 700p has 320x320.

If I went to MW5 I would have alot of personal productivity habit re-learning to go thru and replacement on the software side. I also believe in the continuation of the PalmOS platform.

Given those beliefs -- my decision was easy.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/01/2007 at 07:47 AM.
    The resolution is a big deal for me. I've lived with poor resolution screens for too long.
  5. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Welcome to Treoworld friend! What type of Palm were/are you using prior to the jump into Treo ownership?
    I just switched over from the 650 to the 700wx. Yes the screen resolution on the WM device is less thrilling. But the new beastie is f-a-s-t. I have all sorts of 3rd party software on my 650 that I will miss. Especially Adarian's Expense Diary.
    I am switching in large part because of business needs--being able to sync to my Exchange Server. Also the fabulous SERO deal from Sprint.

Having spent a lot of time with other phones I can only echo the suggestion that you try 'em out. Give it more than a cursory drive-by. Run around for a couple of weeks to really see if the 'p' or the 'w' is your cuppa tea.
    .....tastypeppers, just remember to make sure you close out those applications while not having those programs running in the back ground. Gotta love it!

The only TREO VIDEO CAST on the internet!!!
  8.    #8  
    Great advice.
    Currently have a palm T3 and based on what I hear and have read elsewhere I will either go with Cingulars 680 or Verizon 700P. Thanks
    I have the 680, my ex has the 700p Verizon. As far as form factor, the 680 blows the 700 away. You're referring to different carriers, will you have to switch to get either of these or are you going to get the unlocked 680? Can you "try out" an unlocked 680 if you're on with Verizon?
  10. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Can you "try out" an unlocked 680 if you're on with Verizon?
    Unfortunately you can't since the 680 (locked or unlocked) is GSM only and Verizon is a CDMA network. Although i'm sure they're on display in cingular stores so you could definitely take a look at them.

That brings up a good point though, who's your current carrier dander? And how far are you from the end of your contract?
    I would wait till MS WM6 (or whatever it's called by then) support 320X320 resolution before I make the switch.

And I am dead serious. Smaller MiniSD slot doesn't help either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Ahh . . . the eternal question.

I have been with Palm PDAs since 1996. My last "PDA" was the Tungsten T3, although I considered/consider my prior 650 and current 700P "PDAs w/phone". I waited out the Treo 600 until the 650 because of the 160x160 screen resolution on the 600 . . . just couldn't make that jump down from the T3's 320x480 screen.

I went with the 700P (vs. a 700wx) because of my 10 years of PalmOS knowledge and software, plus I could not, again, stand to go down to the current 240x240 screen of the 700w/wx -- the 700p has 320x320.

If I went to MW5 I would have alot of personal productivity habit re-learning to go thru and replacement on the software side. I also believe in the continuation of the PalmOS platform.

Given those beliefs -- my decision was easy.

Cheers, Perry.
    EXPLAINED VERY GOOD
    I am considering switching from my Sprint 700p to Cingular no I mean AT&T's 680. Thoughts?
    --
    Brett
    I300->I500-->650-->700p
    Considered switching from my 650 to 750 GSM, but screen resolution is holding me back. Love my 650 (except memory)