1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    http://www.pocketfactory.com/2007/01...-how-to-guide/

Could someone explain to me how in the name of almighty God, creator of the universe and all things living, it came to be that more than a decade has passed and yet we are still using the SAME one-bit pixel wireframe scrollbar derived from the earliest incarnation of Palm OS? I mean, my God! Thatís just crazy! This scrollbar design is so old it actually predates monochrome displays. It was originally designed for one-bit displays that produced only two colors; black and white (or literally on/off). And here we are using the same barely visible scroller on a high resolution screen capable of displaying millions of colors. Only Palm could find a way to a retrofit an old technology into something new. Not only is Palm bad at innovating, they suck at stagnation too! If youíre going to do something half-assed, at least make it appear as though you made an effort in doing so.
    cuz it still works!!..why reinvent the wheel?
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    oh I don't know - it's not like he's suggesting a total overhaul - I think most of the changes he suggests are very sensible - at the very least, the purely eye-candy changes make the interface look like something from the side of 1999...
    Last edited by CGK; 01/31/2007 at 03:30 PM. Reason: me - make
    The default scroll bar size on WM is way too big for the size of the Treo screen and fortunately there's a registry change you can make to make it thinner. I'd rather have the PalmOS scroll bar if I had to choose between the two..and in most cases one handed use really limits the need for it at all so the less I see of it the better
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Hey Palm. Hire this guy. His creative irreverance is just what you need among your programming and development ranks.

-THP
    Think First, ask questions later!
    im confused...so how did the guy make his palm look like that..it says a "how-to" but not sure how to do it on my phone...or is it even possible.....or was this just photshoped?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    oh I don't know - it's not like he's suggesting a total overhaul - I think most of the changes he suggests are very sensible - at the very least, the purely eye-candy changes make the interface look like something from the side of 1999...

that is very true...but there must be some way to do this now...perhaps some hacks...anyone have any info? i thought that link would provide me with some..but couldnt find any..
    Try PalmRevolt, it at least gets you a refreshed look to some things:

http://www.3gxsoft.com/palmrevolt/
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    can one not get a different font? a smaller font to get more space on the screen? i'd like to see more text when i SMS or calendar or stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    can one not get a different font? a smaller font to get more space on the screen? i'd like to see more text when i SMS or calendar or stuff?

Yes with FontSmoother
    Thanks,

Mark

Palm III > Palm Vx > Sony Clie PEG760N > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlissner View Post
    Yes with FontSmoother
    There are at least 3 other font programs. Which one to choose?
    I tried each of them and went with FontSmoother - it was the one I found easiest to use and this release has been exceedingly stable. Ben