1.    #1  
    I do really like my Treo 650. And when my "New Every 2" with verizon is up in March I may upgrade to the 700p. But I was wondering what other phone's people like that do calendar stuff also.

-E
    I've tried a few devices, including a couple HTC variations (Wizard and TyTN), Sidekick 2 and 3, and so on. Just recently came back to the Treo with my 680, and I'm happy all over again.
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
    I've had everything under the sun except a blackberry. I liked my old sidekick's keyboard, and my PPC6600's screen, but my Treo is the best phone I've ever had. I'm spoiled :P
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
  4. jagooch
    I just switched from my Treo "Oopsie,I locked up again" 650 to a Blackberry "Lockup is not in my vocabulary" 8100( Pearl ) a few days ago, and love it. In fact, this is my second last post here at Treocentral, as there is no reason to 'Palm' any more.

Pros are that it is super small, light, stable, battery lasts forever, fast ( CPU is very fast ), easy to use ( one-handed operation ), plenty of memory. Charge, sync, and access internal/external memory as a hard drive using USB cable. Setting up bberry as a USB modem for a laptop is extremely simple, and you can use you phone data plan to connect your laptop to the Internet while on the road.

Cons: I didn't buy it sooner. HTML email not available by default. Small keyboard ( but that is why the device can be so small ).

Final notes: Very happy with it. I run my own Exchange server at home, and it took me some time to get the Blackberry Enterprise Server Express working, but the RIM push technology is great. I no longer sync contacts, calendar, etc using a cable, it is all live over the air. e.g. I change in Outlook automagically shows up in my bberry, and vice-versa. I still need to manually sync other data over a USB cable or bluetooth connection, but it isn't very often.

If you want simple and stable, BBerry is a great option.

-JohnG
    I would definitely give the 680 a shot. It's a nice unit with great features.
    The Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #100 - "Never begin a business negotiation on an empty stomach."

Take over my T-Mobile 12 month Contract - 12 months left, $39.99, free phones, and $40 credit

http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=136424
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I just did the same thing. I have been a palm user for 10 years but just couldn't take all the bugs with my treo anymore. I had been through a couple of 600s and then 3 or 4 650s. I just want a phone that works without resetting all the time, scrolling through all my screen when I plugged in my headset, etc. I also got tired of hearing that it was a problem with 3rd party aps. Hey, if the e-mail and phone volume worked the way they should i wouldn't need 3rd party aps. So I have a Pearl which is great except that the screen is a bit hard to read and I haven't quite figured out how to transfer my Palm-based contact info. Any how-to help on that wuld be appreciated. The other problem is T-mobile. I don't think that the network is as strong as Verizon. But overall, i'm pleased with the switch.
    re: Blackberry Pearl: No HTML email period. It's a "feature" of the BB designed for security, or so I'm told. And while I got used to my SureType keyboard, qwerty is still king.
    OP, try the Motorola Q since you're on Verizon, it's pretty cool
    Quote Originally Posted by jagooch View Post
    I just switched from my Treo "Oopsie,I locked up again" 650 to a Blackberry "Lockup is not in my vocabulary" 8100( Pearl ) a few days ago, and love it. In fact, this is my second last post here at Treocentral, as there is no reason to 'Palm' any more.

Pros are that it is super small, light, stable, battery lasts forever, fast ( CPU is very fast ), easy to use ( one-handed operation ), plenty of memory. Charge, sync, and access internal/external memory as a hard drive using USB cable. Setting up bberry as a USB modem for a laptop is extremely simple, and you can use you phone data plan to connect your laptop to the Internet while on the road.

Cons: I didn't buy it sooner. HTML email not available by default. Small keyboard ( but that is why the device can be so small ).

Final notes: Very happy with it. I run my own Exchange server at home, and it took me some time to get the Blackberry Enterprise Server Express working, but the RIM push technology is great. I no longer sync contacts, calendar, etc using a cable, it is all live over the air. e.g. I change in Outlook automagically shows up in my bberry, and vice-versa. I still need to manually sync other data over a USB cable or bluetooth connection, but it isn't very often.

If you want simple and stable, BBerry is a great option.

-JohnG

im not trying to be a smart *** but does it play video? does it have a Camera? can you use something like docks to go with it? seems like most the things you mentioned we can already do with a treo.
    try the wm treos. 700wx and or 750 are very stable phones. nothing agianst pos but wm is another option.
    Blackberry is my second favorite platform, behind the Palm OS. Most recently I've used the Pearl and found it to be an excellent device. Nothing is more stable than the Blackberry OS. We'll see if that continues though, as more and more third-party apps are being written for Blackberry, and that usually introduces some unknowns. What I did not like about the Blackberry:

1. No HTML email. They simply won't do it. Nope. No how, no way. And there are no third-party email apps. Probably won't be either as RIM wants to keep that part of their system locked up tight.

2. Dedicated Blackberry data plans. The cheapest I've seen them is $20 per month, but that's only with a discount for having a minutes plan already. My TZones at $4.99 per month gets me all the data and email I need on my Treo. It's truely unlimited. Got Verizon? Then you're looking at $45 per month for data alone!

3. Blackberry's calendar is lame. The best view for me was the Agenda view. There is simply nothing available on other platforms like the week-at-a-glance view I have with DateBk5 on my Treo 680. For my level of scheduling it's absolutely ideal. I can see a week all on one screen and get a feel for how my week is shaping up, where my free time is, etc. Blackberry has nothing like this. The closest it comes is a theme that shows the next 2 or 3 upcoming appointments.

4. I used my Blackberry on BIS, no corporate BES connection. I'm not high enough up the food chain to quallify for that at work. And anyway, the IT policies they foist upon Blackberry users prevents getting your personal email anyway. But to experience the true magic of the Blackberry, you really need to be on an Exchange Server. Push email, wireless sync of contacts and calendar. These are, IMHO, what really separates the Blackberry from other platforms. Without these gems the omissions start to outweigh the device's excellence in stability. If you're lucky enough to have a personal email account that supports push capability you can get it on the Treo now as well. It feels like other devices have closed the gap and are pushing ahead, especially Palm Treos.