1.    #1  
    Hello everyone !!

I'm new to this forum. After buying a Motorola Q and returning it because the software I wish to use wouldn't run on it, I've decided to take the Treo plunge.

The only question is "Which one ?" .

First of all, I trade the foreign currency exchange (Forex) online. Very similar to online stock trading, but I'm trading foreign currencies instead of stocks.

Not as an occupation, just a hobby. (supplement to my income of my 9-5 J.O.B.) - Only when I profit !! hehehehe !!

Anyways, to make a short story "long" , I use metatrader 4 trading platform by metaquotes. My broker (IBFX) says the Treo phones will support the mobile trading platform. My questions are :

1 ) Anybody on here tried FX trading on their Treo ? If so, how do the charts, indicators, etc ... work ? Which brokers/platforms ? Any stock or other security traders tried the Treo? Which Treo ?

2 ) From what i've been reading, EVDO seems to be a faster and a more advanced broadband technology. Which means my choices are Sprint/Nextel (700wx) or Verizon ( 700p or 700w).

According to the Sprint/Nextel broadband "Powervision" coverage map, I live in an area which is not broadband supported. However, Verizon broadband is supported. Since I need a fast connection, I guess i'm stuck with Verizon.

I come to this conclusion, because from what I've been reading, EVDO is much faster than GSM. However, there is new GSM technology such as : HSPDA, WCDMA, UMTS, 3G, 4G, etc .... which are as fast or faster than EVDO. But, these are not applicable in my area (rural area) either.

3 ) I've considered an "unlocked" phone. But, unlocking only pertains to GSM phones in the US. I've decided on Verizon 1 or 2 year contract, but I'm not crazy about the $ 79.99 / month contract.

4 ) I know the 700p has the POS & 700w(x) has the WM 5 OS. Besides the screen resolution being better on the POS, what makes it a better/worse phone ? I've been reading that the POS is better than WM. Why ?

5 ) To use it for an online trading platform, which model would you recommend ?

Any comments, ideas, or insight appreciated ! Feel free to comment.
    TIA !

- outofdebt
    Last edited by outofdebt; 01/30/2007 at 12:01 AM.
    I tried both the p and the wx for Sprint. I happen to like the p better, but I think that's only because it seems to be more compatible with the bluetooth in my car. I was thinking of switching to the Q. Can you upload, read and edit word, excel, powerpoint and pdf files?
  3.    #3  
    I returned my Q after 1 week. I don't know if you can upload pdf the office prograams with it. I didn't try it. I think you can though.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    P!
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    I'm not sure if eSignals Windows software will run on the 700wx (resolution problems?), but it definitely will not run on the 700p. I have a feeling that the wx is better supported in the field of finance. I have a 700p which is still the all around King of the Hill.