Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    if the next foleo or whatever the hoot 'n ha hey this palmolive device is runs on Dr victor von frankengarnstein again, I think its hopeless for this company...

now if it ran on the apple os....
    I gotta have more cowbell
    WARNING: MIXED METAPHORS AHEAD...

So Hawkins is Dr. Noonian Soong of Star Trek, and he's developing a Positronic Brain (or is it a Palmitronic Brain?), and the new device to be sold is his own version of the android "Data"??

And Perry's PPR (pink padded room) will be a key to the success of the project...

"Hawkins is actually interested only in the neocortex, the outer, pink part of the brain where he believes intelligence resides."

= = = = =

And his next challenge is developing the flux capacitor...

"In fact, he's already homing in on his next challenge. As usual, it's big: the nature of time and the universe."

Wow! Don't Panic...
    ... it might require a lot of Deep Thought, but I think the answer is 42.
    Last edited by duanedude1; 02/05/2007 at 12:54 PM.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Could this be a example of the folding screen concept

http://www.polymervision.com/News-Ce...uncetheCE.html
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    years if not decades off and nothing at all to do with Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    I don't see Hawkins dropping an impractical device. I think the dual screen clamshell is closer to the truth. But where will the keyboard end up?
    Think of a device, Palm-sized when closed, small screen on the outside for use when folded/closed, half the thickness of a deck of cards when closed, BT ear-bud headset, voice operated, no k/b, Hawkins design. Could blow the iPhone away. Remember, this is the guy who gave us, and built his fortune on, grafitti. This is the guy who wrote On Intelligence. Whatever else you think, you would have to admit it would be revolutionary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post

that is pretty cool. but i don't think its practical. the average person will be like "rolling screen, wtf!?!"
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    current specifications is a 240x320 pixel device, which is even smaller than a treo, so not yet good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by gameplace123 View Post
    that is pretty cool. but i don't think its practical. the average person will be like "rolling screen, wtf!?!"
    All of us, like the children in Lake Wobegon, are above average. I will buy one just for the "What is that?" factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    current specifications is a 240x320 pixel device, which is even smaller than a treo, so not yet good enough.
    Well, not good enough for POS but good enough for WM. Of course, for POS it should be touch sensitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    All of us, like the children in Lake Wobegon, are above average. I will buy one just for the "What is that?" factor.
    No, I changed my mind. I would have to go back to sleeping with the lights on.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    Well, not good enough for POS but good enough for WM. Of course, for POS it should be touch sensitive.
    my point was that either get a highresolution gray screen, or a lower one with color.
    Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    my point was that either get a highresolution gray screen, or a lower one with color.
    Well, I take your point. I doubt that Palm will. Perhaps someone else will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post

Great possibilities . . . .

Color and high screen resolution will be a must for me. . . .

Mechanical longevity will be another. . . . .How many times would I unfold that puppy in a day? Wasn't that why they stopped with the Tungsten T3 slider design?
    The Samsung Palm flips work out pretty well. They'd have to put a full keyboard on the shell, not a T9 or other arrangement, but it could work. Although it'd have to be no mater than the Treo is now, people already complain that it's a brick.

Screen taps shouldn't be an issue unless they have Motorola design the hinge.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123