1.    #1  
    are you paying for the Tmobile Web and Apps feature for $5.99? can I access simple Web features like e-mail and general browsing without paying?
    if I recall correctly, depending on how long your account has been active, you may be able to get some free internet through wap. but, with any significant usage, you may start noticing a per-kb data usage charge
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by snoslicer8 View Post
    if I recall correctly, depending on how long your account has been active, you may be able to get some free internet through wap. but, with any significant usage, you may start noticing a per-kb data usage charge
    thanks for the post.

I changed my network connection settings to use T-zones and now I can surf the web and check e-mail for free. I've been with T-Mobile for almost 5 years and I have never heard of any other cellular phone company offering free Internet to any of its subscribers. Interestingly, if I take my Sim card out and put it into my old Samsung phone, T-zones will not allow me to surf the Web or check e-mail.

I'm not complaining. I just hope T-Mobile doesn't put a stop to it. Their customer service and low-cost keeps me as a subscriber.
    doesn't T-Mobile charge a fee per KB?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    you may be right. I have not seen my bill yet for this month. However, I just spoke with a customer service representative at T-Mobile. They said that all T-zones access is free. The VPN and T-Mobile Internet, on the other hand, require subscription and monthly payment.

at any rate, I am not paying the $5.99 subscription fee for Web and Apps but I am still able to access e-mail and surf the web by connecting to T-zones. My billing cycle ends in the next few days and I will post information regarding additional charges for Internet usage.
    History of devices: Palm III-->Sony Clie T665c-->Palm E2-->Palm TX-->
    Current device Treo 680, since 01/01/07, T-MOBILE.

Loving my PDA + medical software & phone all-in-one! Have wanted a Treo smartphone since Handspring's 1st model, Treo 90, many years ago. <P>
    <BR>Love this show<P>
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I just got my T-mobile bill. There are NO, absolutely none, charges for using T-zones to surf the web and check email on my device every day for the last month. I've also downloaded apps and updates to my phone and routinely use Google Maps to get directions and locations of restaurants and hotels while I travel. UNBELIEVABLE
    History of devices: Palm III-->Sony Clie T665c-->Palm E2-->Palm TX-->
    Current device Treo 680, since 01/01/07, T-MOBILE.

Loving my PDA + medical software & phone all-in-one! Have wanted a Treo smartphone since Handspring's 1st model, Treo 90, many years ago. <P>
    <BR>Love this show<P>
    The tzones $5.99 per month covers unlimited email and internet. I believe the major differences with the more expensive data plans is no VPN and no secure web sites (httpS). I could be wrong about that last one though. The tzones plan is so cheap because it's really designed for casual users, not power users. Supposedly if you use extremely high amounts of data they can tell you to upgrade because you're misusing the plan. I've never heard a confirmed case of this, though folks have claimed to have been warned about excessive data usage with the $5.99 plan.