Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi, I'm have a treo 680 and am using a 1 gig mini sd card. Thinking of upgrading to a bigger memory card like a 2 gig or 4 gig? What's the biggest available? Does it slow down the search when I use an sd card with big memory space with lots of data inside of it?

I came across some sd cards that claims to be faster.. can't remember the name though.. does it work?
    Man I'm in your shoes..but can't afford another size atm...but from what I've read as you go up it slows down a bit (not noticebale at 2 or 4, but 8 GB i think) and you have to make sure you're getting a highspeed card (e.g. 150x)....guess it's like a hard drive ..the mroe to assess and read/write to the longer the loading.
    4GB Transcend 150x SD card.

only 350MB left

Overall impression of card in use:

Write Speed of card:

VFSMark Score: 580 to 620

This 4GB is slower on the write than my Sandisk Blue 2GB was -- but I was looking for more "real estate" and not speed necessarily.

In use . . . . music, video playback, spreadsheet access, program access, photo access . . . . . remain the same as before . . . . just the write speed is off the scale slow for me on this card -- I cannot say that is the case for all users of this card -- just my current experience with this individual card.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Using a sandisk 2gb. I thought I'd put more movies on it, but after you successfully rip and convert a couple, the novelty quickly wears off. I haven't put any new movies on my card in a while, so I still have a lot of room left (maybe 600 mbs)
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Toshiba 2GB.
    4GB Transcend 150x SD card. Reliable and reasonable speed for the size of the card. One of the most popular cards for the Treo.
    Just upgraded from 1GB to a 4GB SanDisk Blue SDHC. Had to modify my custom rom for SDHC but it went smoothly. I can't get use to watching movies on the small sceen but have about 1.5GB of music plus Tomtom Nav6 and a few eBooks. Still leaves about 1.5GB available. Got the card for $43 including shipping off eBay. VFSMark 705 which is better than my 1GB was.
    Last edited by jrfaris; 01/26/2007 at 12:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    4GB Transcend 150x SD card. Reliable and reasonable speed for the size of the card.
    Same here.
    8GB transcend HS class2 works great no complaints books on tape,cartoons for the kids , music , pics, there getting cheeper http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...MP=OTC-B1zrat3
    I have a 1 GB card, which is plenty for me.

You have to understand that its not the size that matters. Most important is what you do with what you have.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    As most of you, 4GB Transcend 150x SD card. No problems here...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    4GB 150x A-Data sd card (700wx) and 4GB noname (samsung) mini sd card (750). I've had 2 A-Data's (lost one) and they work fine. I'm on my first week using the 4GB mini, but so far so good.
    Transcend 4GB 150X in my Treo 680 and it works fine.
    Palm Vx - Tungsten|E - Tungsten|T5 - Treo 680
    Mine is a 2gb PNY card. Its worked great in my 680 and in my old 600. In fact, its only like 1/2 full.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    I've got the standard 1 GB Palm card. I'm waiting to see what larger cards folks seem to have the best luck with. So far it looks like either the SanDisk Blue 4 GB or Transcend 8GB, depending on price.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    mine is known throughout the industry for its size....

lol. couldn't resist.
    but seriously, 1 GIG.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    I am using 2 sandisk 1gb cards and I have 4 movies on each. I have a holder that holds 5 cards and I would like to carry movies music and games. So what is the biggest card I can use without making any changes to my treo 650?
    Threadjack
    sorry

where are you guys getting your movies?
    thanks

oh and i have a 1gb but waiting to get 8gb+ once the prices drop and I decide on a digicam.
    hhhmm maybe I'll get a few large cards one for each once prices drop drastically...
    Panasonic 256 MB. I really don't use my Treo for looking at pics, music, or video.
    I am using dvd studio to rip and decode them from the dvd and they look and sound great 4/5 cd quality and get all the detailed sound as fine as water runnng and guns cocking in action movies.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast