Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by minusnone View Post
    Does this require an update to the Exchange server? VersaMail is giving me an error trying to sync. I am not sure if an update was made since I do not admin the server.
    Take the battery out, let it restart and give it a try.

It worked for me after some errors!
    Thanks for your reply (and the other one, too). I guess I need something on the server side since its still giving me the error after I took out the battery for a couple minutes. It said "Outlook needs to reset your account. Press the sync button..." I don't remember what it said exactly, but the details are

AirSamSMPing.c 1322 1510 Ping Error, Server Status=7

So maybe its a server issue.
    Ah, a ping error suggests that it can't communicate with the server itself. My guess is that it isn't listening or you may be using the wrong port. I believe, by default, it will use 80 (HTTP) but ours, for example, uses 443 (HTTPS). A good gauge of this can be the URL you use to access the Outlook web interface. It's usually the same host and port for ActiveSync.
    Thank you for all of your help, taroliw. I really appreciate it. Anyway, I am using HTTPS port 443 and it works w/o push enabled (downloads every 15 minutes). I deleted the account and recreated and do not experience the error message, although I still do not receive e-mail. I sent an e-mail to the helpdesk at my school (who provides the exchange service), but they were unable to help.

I don't think that the push command is being sent on their send (not updated for this) or its being blocked by firewall.
    Any word if it works on a 650 with VM 3.5?
    The update does not work on the Treo 650 at all.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC View Post
    The update does not work on the Treo 650 at all.
    Even with the upgraded version of versamail!?!?!??!??!??!
    No, apparently it still doesn't work on the Treo 650. As some have reported here.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I like Chatter better too. I wonder if you can use ActiveSync to just sync contacts, calendar, and task and use Chatter for e-mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by minusnone View Post
    I am using HTTPS port 443 and it works w/o push enabled (downloads every 15 minutes). ... I don't think that the push command is being sent on their send (not updated for this) or its being blocked by firewall.
    You wouldn't happen to be using MediaNet on Cingular would you? In another related thread I referred folks to the EX push setup instructions or ChatterMail... because the same network issues we ran into there affect basically all ActiveSync setups and the way that the client registers for and later receives push notifications from the server. Might want to check that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by crabkilla View Post
    I like Chatter better too. I wonder if you can use ActiveSync to just sync contacts, calendar, and task and use Chatter for e-mail.
    Can't sync tasks with AS on POS. You can sync just contacts and calendar if you don't use push (with the EAS update). If you're on a 680, you can sync contacts and calendar this way without even applying the EAS update -- which is part of the reason I found the EAS update a little wanting.
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    You wouldn't happen to be using MediaNet on Cingular would you? In another related thread I referred folks to the EX push setup instructions or ChatterMail... because the same network issues we ran into there affect basically all ActiveSync setups and the way that the client registers for and later receives push notifications from the server. Might want to check that out.
    Nah, I have a 700p on Verizon. Thanks, though.
    ActiveSync on Windows Mobile does. GEEZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, my guess it was some kind of implementation discussion and weighed against other factors. But I personally view this is a situation where saying you do ActiveSync should mean something... such as doing *all* of the same function ActiveSync does elsewhere.

I am hearing good things about xChangesync though, and it is apparently already doing all the databases. The challenge there will be getting push and background features added.
    I have spoken with two people (one where I work) who swear up and down that the EASupdate works with the 650 and Versamail 3.5. Do they have something else installed that they don't know about? I sincerely doubt they are "blowing smoke."
    When I run the update on my 650, it says the "update is not suported on this device". I'm pretty sure it won't run on a 650 unless someone modifies the PRC file *coughcoughshadowmitecoughcough*
    The EAS update installed on my 650 (Sprint 1.13)

Cannot sync after that. AisSamState-whatever error.

I had to re-install VM 3.5 (I think Vm 3.5 was worth the $10 though, so no harm done)

EAS update for 650 is $2.99 only.

Although - for all 650 users whoe haven't bought it yet - I did a binary compare on the "650" PRC and the free 700 PRC. They are identical.
    Has anyone successfully installed EAS on a Cingular ROM 650 or 680? If so, details please.
    I have Versamail 3.5 and the EAS files in ROM on my Sprint 650. Works just fine. Don't know what to tell you except that once you have the files, put them in the ROM, and you should be set. I did have to hard reset because my Treo was in a reset loop, but after that, no problems at all. Too bad I don't actually use the push feature because I risk missing calls when my Treo is online

http://forum.brighthand.com/showthread.php?p=1480130
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123