Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet View Post
    I'm awaiting the iPhone too...jumped shipped to cingular two weeks ago.

They gave us $250 for breaking our contract with sprint.
    Wow! That's great!! Welcome to the dark side...
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter-BKK View Post
    I assume by PPC you mean Windows Mobile 5?

I did try a WM5 PDA from Samsung. Only used it for a few days. IMHO, the navigation was too cumbersome.

But I mainly rejected it because I found the ease-of-use telephone features to be lacking. One of the nice features that I like about the Treo with Palm OS is the ability to make a call to anyone of 26 "favorites" with one key press from anywhere in the OS (great when driving).

Maybe on a Treo, WM5 works better as a telephone. But, for me, the phone functionality is the most important feature of a smart PHONE... Was I wrong in assuming the WM5's phone features on the Treo are no better than on the Samsung?

Regards
    Peter
    Yes palm did an excellent job taking a slightly non-user friendly OS (Pocket PC) and customizing it so that the ease of you you find with treo phones could be enjoyed threw WM5. I used palm devices for 4 years and loved them. I currently have 2 palm devices and 2 PPC's, I have had a dozen different devices and the only real difference is that I can do more of what I need to do with PPC because its not as "simple" as palm
    I guess you can now add me to this list, although I got the WM one. Time to get rid of the 650 though.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12