Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    and the previously-unmentioned Palm Sherlock (a CDMA version of the 680 or 750, we'd wager).

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...1h-07-roadmap/
    you beat me to it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    you beat me to it.
    Now that this news is out I cant wait for some pics to be leaked.
    They need to be upgrading the 700p. A CDMA 680 might be nice for the low end POS but what advantage is there between a 750 and 700wx other than no antenna?
    Wake me up when the Sprint Treo Palm/Linux 900P is leaked.
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/18/2007 at 11:33 AM.
    Did you see in the comments to the Engadget article that someone reports sending screen grabs for what the commenter calls a Treo 755? That gives us a clue as to this puppy's configuration.

Go Palm Go.

ps: where's my unlocked GSM 750, please?

EDIT: double ps: I note that on MTDN there is a thread from 11/2006 on the 755 in testing. Where have I been?
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    They need to be upgrading the 700p. A CDMA 680 might be nice for the low end POS but what advantage is there between a 750 and 700wx other than no antenna?
    The Palm OS still can't handle simultaneous voice and data, so there is no high-end POS Treo coming out IMO. But I can see an eventual Treo 680 form factor wtih the 700p innards.

My guess on the Sherlock - looks like the Treo 750 (and given that one of the comments in the article is something about a Treo 755, I can't be too far off) is going to be a WM5 (WM6??) device with EVDO Rev. A. It's the only device that makes sense.
    Considering this may be a rumored Treo 755 I would venture to guess it is a CDMA 750 with possibly WM6 and EVDO Rev A.
    So it's Treo 700wx with skinnier batery and no antenna? And prossibly stupid miniSD slot?

I will pass.
    How about something with more memory and a faster processor? I guess the biggest trade off will be battery life....
    I was spoiled by my old Axim x51v!
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    So it's Treo 700wx with skinnier batery and no antenna? And prossibly stupid miniSD slot?

I will pass.
    And just like it has been said already, probably EVDO Rev A and possibly WM6
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by [LEFT
    Tastypeppers[/LEFT];1176545]Did you see in the comments to the
    Engadget
    article that someone reports sending screen grabs for what the commenter calls a
    Treo
    755? That gives us a clue as to this puppy's configuration.

Go Palm Go.
    Actually he seems to be suggesting he's sent them a screen grab of the
    catalogue
    page they are on - I could be wrong...
    Yawn. Yet another minor tweak to the existing Treo form factor. Will Palm ever do anything innovative again?

(And no, I don't consider EVDO rev A or WM6 to be innovative. Palm simply buys the same radio modules and OS that everyone else can buy.)
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I agree if it's true that is the CDMA version of the 750. Palm just will not learn!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I don't mind incremental upgrades. Frequent incremental improvements is a sign of rapid response to the market or to defects/needed design changes that become visible after a product goes on the market.

Every 6 months a better version of the same thing? That's good.

However, he said, you don't win games just by hitting singles. Ya gotta hit the long ball, too.

We are in the iPhone announcement hangover. That's a grand slam home run. Give the Palm folks credit for continuing to grind out singles. Let's hope they also have a home run coming, though.
    Nokia often does this too, but their higher end phones have more bang to them so people don't seem to care.

Treo needs another big bang at this time. The 600 and 650 are now offically obsolete and the 680 "upgrade" was meh. The 750 is good, but still lacking. People seem a bit lukewarm over the 700p. There's no use in continuting to make incremental improvements unless it's something serious. When they went from the 600 to the 650, THAT was a serious improvement.

So the next model will have built-in wifi and a better screen(if WM6)? And a better BT stack? More memory? Some new functions? If not, forget it!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I happy with a better treo. it may not be the best improvement, but improvement none the less. buy the time I dump my wx on ebay and get a good deal from retention I only end up spending a couple of buck. it's worth it to me to have small improvements often than to wait forever for something big.

I just want bluetooth dialing on a wm treo.
    Yes, I want good BT too. Wifi I'm conflicted about. WM I'm conflicted about. I want some of WM's capabilities but I don't want its UI.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Yawn. Yet another minor tweak to the existing Treo form factor. Will Palm ever do anything innovative again?

(And no, I don't consider EVDO rev A or WM6 to be innovative. Palm simply buys the same radio modules and OS that everyone else can buy.)

Could it be in a slimmer form factor as talked about here:

The question is, when do we see these products? Well, we're certainly talking about 2007. Ed Colligan didn't guide shareholders at the last conference call with a detailed product roadmap like last year's "four Treos in 2006" promise. But when questions turned to 2007 plans it seemed that every other word from his mouth was "diversify," "differentiate," and "broader product line." He also mentioned "new form factors." In another forum, when asked a question about whether 2007 is the year we'll see "the secret project that Jeff Hawkins has been working on" Colligan responded with a tight-lipped "yes." Perhaps the fact that Palm just consigned the LifeDrive to end-of-life is an indication that they have re-evaluated that target market (by all accounts missed by the LifeDrive) and bowed a product that's a bit more revolutionary for its traditional Spring release.

http://www.pikesoft.com/blog/index.php?itemid=143
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    I happy with a better treo. it may not be the best improvement, but improvement none the less. buy the time I dump my wx on ebay and get a good deal from retention I only end up spending a couple of buck. it's worth it to me to have small improvements often than to wait forever for something big.

I just want bluetooth dialing on a wm treo.
    So you'll continue to pay $400+ for small improvements?

Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast