Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718 LastLast
  1.    #323  
    I see this thread is still in Future Treos and hasn't been moved to the 755p forum. so can we assume the Sherlock is not he 755p?
  2.    #324  
    Quote Originally Posted by newtonjack View Post
    I see this thread is still in Future Treos and hasn't been moved to the 755p forum. so can we assume the Sherlock is not he 755p?
    Sooo?? Is the Sherlock the 755p or could it be the new Hawkins device?, Hawkins will speak about the new device at the end of may, the Sherlock is due to be launched in June.
    Sooo?? Is the Sherlock the 755p or could it be the new Hawkins device?, Hawkins will speak about the new device at the end of may, the Sherlock is due to be launched in June.
    I don't know the answer but I think the place to look is FCC device approvals. No phone can go on the market until Mr. FCC says so. If the Mythical Hawkins Device has phone capabilities, Mr. FCC must speak. I haven't seen any mention on Engadget of stuff that looks like this, and they tend to watch the FCC pretty closely.

So on the one hand, the 755p might be the Sherlock. On the other hand, I have four fingers and a thumb. Or something. I don't know.

I have a neighbor who works for one of the VPs in charge of marketing for the Northwest US. He tells me that there will be a 755w shortly. It will run WM6, 320x320 screen and have the 680/750/755 form factor. He couldn't give any dates, but when I asked him if it was a 755w, he said why do think they released a 755p? This should be a killer phone.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I have a neighbor who works for one of the VPs in charge of marketing for the Northwest US. He tells me that there will be a 755w shortly. It will run WM6, 320x320 screen and have the 680/750/755 form factor. He couldn't give any dates, but when I asked him if it was a 755w, he said why do think they released a 755p? This should be a killer phone.

It will be if it has the battery life of the 680; a Palm killer.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    It will be if it has the battery life of the 680; a Palm killer.
    Now that was funny!
    Hopefully they can get that 1600 mah battery in there, none of that silly 1200 mah stuff. With WM and EvDO, there's no way a 755w would last.
  8. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    mmm 755p body, with wm6 + 320x320..is exactly what iv been waitin for...too bad it'll prolly come out AFTER iv had my 755p for 30 days
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post

Can you ask your neighbor again when is the 755w coming out?
    700 WX is not on Sprint's web site this weekend. What do you think this means? Sherlock in June?
    (someone cue the "pink panther" theme...)
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden View Post
    700 WX is not on Sprint's web site this weekend. What do you think this means? Sherlock in June?
    Looks like it is there to me!

http://store.palm.com/wireless/index...martphones_txt
    Quote Originally Posted by rr4him View Post
    I said it's not showing up on Sprint's web site. Your link is to Palm's.
    He was talking about the Sprint site, not the Palm site.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Ok, I am brain dead! I stand corrected!
    hehe Ive been waiting for this treo for a year....and soon it will be mine...the wimax treo
  17.    #339  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    hehe Ive been waiting for this treo for a year....and soon it will be mine...the wimax treo
    How soon is that?
  18.    #340  
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden View Post
    I have been wondering if the 755P was the sherlock or is there another device coming in June that is the real sherlock.